What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Temp issue

G

greenmatter

Ive got a 400w going just today , and Ive noticed on my digital thermometer that it was getting up to 31.9 , though have heard i should be aiming for 28.

i would be shooting for 25. is your reflector air cooled? tell us some more

G

greenmatter

summer is a bitch indoors ... anyway, sounds like your gonna need some bigger fans. what is the outdoor temp?

G

greenmatter

do you have a swamp cooler or an AC. not really possible to get your grow space colder than your house without one. are you in water or soil?

jjs

do you have a swamp cooler or an AC. not really possible to get your grow space colder than your house without one. are you in water or soil?

Ive got my grow cupboard in my spare room , Ive got a ceiling fan which ive just turned on to get the temp down a bit until I get a bigger fan , Im using coco .

G

greenmatter

closest i have come to a small space like that is reading about them on this site. try re-posting with something like "hi temps in a grow cupboard". i think you might get some better info and get it faster that way. PEACE

jjs

closest i have come to a small space like that is reading about them on this site. try re-posting with something like "hi temps in a grow cupboard". i think you might get some better info and get it faster that way. PEACE

Cheers mate thanks again for your help :tiphat:

C

CLOWD11

Cheers Clowd , how are you doing mate? and more importantly how are your amazing ladies going? :thank you:

:gday:

Heya jjs, good and good :tiphat:

Now i can decypher your 1st post hehe

Struth fella your going to zap those girls with a 400 ina cab :laughing:

I trust you have exhausting out the top and inlet at the bottom?

jjs

Heya jjs, good and good :tiphat:

Now i can decypher your 1st post hehe

Struth fella your going to zap those girls with a 400 ina cab :laughing:

I trust you have exhausting out the top and inlet at the bottom?

Hey Clowd

Yeah I was a bit cryptic from the start hehe , yeah Ive got one intake and outake fan in my cab , yeah like I was saying to GM Im going to try and get temps down or look into getting a bigger fan .

Cheers

JJ's

:gday:

Hi

I dont have a reflector it's a specular lamp cover , and i have a pc size fan taking air out and one blowing air in , also because it's summer here doesn't help , as I was running it perfectly in the winter .

ps here is the kit I have if that helps.

http://www.aussieponics.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=108

Cheers

Holy shit! Have you seen the recommended growing temperatures on that page?

"Best Temperature - 72-76 degree Celsius"

I think they need a better proof reader!