What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How am I doing?

erictheraven

Hey guys,

First time time growing autoflowers -

5x White Widow Auto Fem (In the Black fabric pots)
2x Girl Scout Cookies Auto Fem (In the light brown fabric pots)

They are looking close to harvest, their triches are still a bit clear and I haven't seen any amber yet. I'd like to see at least 10% amber before I harvest (Convince me otherwise) so maybe a week or two?

The Girl scout cookies went in 2 weeks after the White Widows.

A few of the plants had to go outside for a month due to lack of space in the tent, they are noticeably stunted compared to their indoor brethren.

How much dry do you think I will get from these ladies, I'd like to get enough to get me through until my new batch of photos can be harvested in maybe March next year

Attachments

• photo2089112.jpg
    photo2089112.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 42
  • photo2089113.jpg
    photo2089113.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 46
  • photo2089114.jpg
    photo2089114.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 43
  • photo2089115.jpg
    photo2089115.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 41
  • photo2089116.jpg
    photo2089116.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 39
  • photo2089117.jpg
    photo2089117.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 44
  • photo2089118.jpg
    photo2089118.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 41
  • photo2089119.jpg
    photo2089119.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 42
  • photo2089120.jpg
    photo2089120.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 42
They look really good to me.howd u like growing autoflowers? They stayed short and compact which is good.i would leave them be for at least 2 more weeks hopeing for amber trichs.otherwise good job

erictheraven

They look really good to me.howd u like growing autoflowers? They stayed short and compact which is good.i would leave them be for at least 2 more weeks hopeing for amber trichs.otherwise good job

Thank you so much!

First time growing autos, once I get a dry weight I will make a decision about growing more but I've learned a lot:

Good lighting is important, spend the extra $ it's worth it. Quantum boards like Spider Framer SF-4000, SE3000 I can vouch for so far. I still want more...
LST as early as possible
Spend a few more $ on a tent that is a bit better quality than a cheap one. Measure everything in your grow room before buying.
You must have an exhaust out of your room, with a carbon scrubber if you don't want smell.
Negative pressure in your tent = fantastic.
I wish I had topped all of them. I topped one and that has seemed to produce the densest nicest looking buds
Sort out your lighting, tent, intake/exhaust, RH, nutrients, etc BEFORE you pop the seeds lol
Water as needed, there is headroom don't overwater
Don't bring outdoor plants indoors if you can avoid it, it's a pain to kill all the pests that come in with them
Check out other growers grow journals from the start

2 more weeks sounds about right to be honest, appreciate the feedback cheers :)

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
420giveaway
You have learned a lot! They are looking very nice - so cute. :rasta:

Just keep eyeballing the trichs for the ideal window.

rolandomota

Don't top them the guys that do top and get great results is because they are growing in hydro buckets

How long it will last depends on how much you smoke a day it looks like 4 Oz dry

Mid March is 4 months away 18 weeks I would need 36 oz to smoke utill that time

you can grow photos in 3 months that are a good size i grew one outside planted mid August im about to harvest and it looks like 2 Oz at least maybe 3 so that thing went 12 12 from seed and it came out great I can fit 25 plants like that in a 4x4 space outside by planting 49 7 rows of seven plants and end up with 25 2 ounce plants thats about 3 pounds possibly in very short time

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I can't speak much to how your doing or how much you'll get from your harvest. In general the plants look like they're doing good which I can say because I know autos are supposed to be smaller then what I'm used to. March isn't that far away so as long as you don't go crazy with your stash you should make it but like rolandomoto it all comes down to how much you smoke and how often. I've had non auto GSC and found it to be potent enough that a couple of small bowls would take care of me for most of the night so at that rate I would think you could stretch it out. If you need more of the GSC then maybe crossing it with ruderalis to make it an auto isn't the way to go? Can't say much about the White Widow I don't recall ever trying that strain.

As for the issue of harvest time and waiting for Amber, most people will tell you that the finishing times the breeders give you are just an estimate. Now these days I don't worry much about the percentage of amber I see I just look for the percentage of cloudy to be above 90%. Back in the day I used to try to shoot for 50/50 cloudy/Amber because so many would say that's the goal to shoot for. The closest I ever got though was maybe 85/15 cloudy /amber and to get that I had to go about 3 weeks past suggested harvest times. Now I'm not trying to get you to change your mind on the amber thing but when trichomes go amber that in my opinion is a sign that the medicine inside is starting to degrade and that cloudy is when the triches are at their peak of ripeness whis is why I stopped worrying about amber and went more for just almost all cloudy. As a result of making that change I personally have not experienced any of my harvest being less satisfying then when I let it go until I had some amber.

erictheraven

Cheer guys, very kind words! I've taken a few buds off the past week for 'Testing' purposes. I guess we all wish for a bigger harvest huh? I think I'll give them a max of 2 weeks and then chop, and do the other two that are taking longer in a few weeks. I've got the following Photos lined up:

4x Moby Dick
2x Killer Queen
2x Grand Daddy Purple
4x Gorilla Skittlez
4x Kalashnikov
2x Blue Dreams

Wish me luck lol