What's new

New Grower needs some help in Setup

trouthugger

I am trying to set up a 2'x2.5' tent.

I have AC Infinity 6" Exhaust Fan and Carbon Filter, and a 6" intake fan as well.

Would you setup all of them inside of the tent or do the carbon filter outside of the tent?

Also what knots do you use to secure the hanging clips to your beams?

I'm very confused...

wang

If you have the headroom, install all inside the tent.

No knots needed if you’re talking about rope ratchet hangers, just loop the carabiner over the pole and clip it onto itself.

trouthugger

If you have the headroom, install all inside the tent.

No knots needed if you’re talking about rope ratchet hangers, just loop the carabiner over the pole and clip it onto itself.

Thanks for the reply. Check this out https://imgur.com/a/LbeCQkf

I have some extra space in the closet. Do you still recommend everything inside? My main concerns are smell and noise (This is in a home recording studio).

Unfortunately my closet just barely wouldn't fit the 1' extension.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
A very nice setup trouthugger. Don't worry about the smell because a small tent-like the one you are using, you can manage it well. You have everything you need to grow some weed, Have you decided what kind of substrate you are going to use?😎

trouthugger

A very nice setup trouthugger. Don't worry about the smell because a small tent-like the one you are using, you can manage it well. You have everything you need to grow some weed, Have you decided what kind of substrate you are going to use?😎

I do not know what substrate means... is that the same as medium?

If so I am using soil. Not sure yet exactly what but I have some FF Happy Frog & Ocean Soil will probably do a home mix of that with some perlite/guana.

BobChronic6505

I have an hps in a 3x3 and my fan and filter are outside the tent. Theres no way I could fit the filter in the tent, and tbh, I like having as little of that shit clogging up airspace. More room for osc fans and bud

BobChronic6505

Basically you can do any combination of fan filter and ducting. Do whatever works. If this is your first setup, I'd think you would be tweaking things along the way as you learn. My tent went through a few variations before I got it perfect in there

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Basically you can do any combination of fan filter and ducting. Do whatever works. If this is your first setup, I'd think you would be tweaking things along the way as you learn. My tent went through a few variations before I got it perfect in there

Exactly. Get a grow under your belt & you will undoubtedly need changes. So for now, get it functional & grow some weed! :rasta: