What's new

Help a New Grower find a Tent and Light for Closet Grow

trouthugger

Looking for a tent and LED combo for a closet that is 47-1/2" wide x 32" deep. Plenty of height.

Should I do a 24" x 30" or try to squeeze in a 48"?

What size light do I need for both options?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
If you have a closet, all you really need is some Mylar and tacks. I don't know if a tent in a closest would be harder to cool and maintain humidity. If its a large closet you could put a 24" x 30 in there. If its a 48 x 72" closet, I wouldn't use a tent I would just hook up some LEDS and get growing. 😎

JDubsocal

I got the 2x2 combo kit from Mars Hydro, new to indoor, and love it. On my 2nd indoor run while keeping the outdoor going too!
good luck!
20210824_192045.jpg
20210824_174541.jpg

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I doubt there is a 48" tent. The size is 120. The wardrobe is wider.
A 120 tent span is often a straight pole pushed into a round hole. Such a construction technique means you can chop a cm or two off the pole, making the tent a little floppy, but narrower.
Here is a 120x80x200 tent that should fit like a glove. Find yourself a proper tape measure and you might be impressed
https://www.growshops.fr/fr/3792-cha...-x-200-cm.html

That's a square meter. A couple of 150w lights would do you.
In the veg area, some LED tubes that retrofit fluorescent fittings give an even light distribution, in a low headroom environment.
That bottom space could be 25% cutting area, and 75% veg area. During an 8 week bloom, you have 3 rooting cuts. 2 establishing them before selecting the best to keep. Then 3 weeks to get them ready for the flower area when it's cleared out.

You could run that with 10 week plants, but the veg would need holding back. Low light makes weak plants, so heavy pruning would be needed. You can't veg less plants but taller, with that headroom. The balance comes at 6 plants using an 8 week schedule. Each would reach 8 branches before nipping the cuts to grow these 8 as fairly horizontal leads. That would give you 6 crops a year. Maybe 3Kg when you are proficient.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I got to look at an HLG 600 Rspec and a Scorpion R Spec Commercial Indoor Horticulture LED grow light the other day. I couldn't believe how bright the light is and how it looked just like Sunlight hitting the ground. Beware when looking at it, because that light will fry your eyes and damage them, Those lights are dangerous and will cause blindness.. . .😎