What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's wong?

Newbie95

Other clones had same feed and look healthy

Attachments

• photo2049405.jpg
    photo2049405.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 45

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Your plant roots has hit a compacted area in the soil from not being mixed well. Bottom water once with nutrients and see if that doesn't help.😎

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It appears soil is too hot causing damage you see. Roots like light /airy soil. Good luck! I hope your clone outgrows the issues at hand. Like others mentioned, pH soil/medium and water which might be contributing to your poor plant.

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
If this is a freshly rooted cutting just put into the soil then it might be a bit too hot for it. It may get use to it after a few weeks. If it gets worse just flush the soil with water and wait and see if it stops. The damage that's already done won't get better but the new growth will. I hope you get her sorted.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
More water from the top and make sure the bottom drains, pH'd to 6.3 and a TBSP/gal aloe. Ease up a little on the light power until it starts making nice green leafs.
JMHO based on the one pic alone. Advise worth every penny you were charged.

Newbie95

Thank you all for your feedback I am assuming it's either too hot or a problem with mixing my soil from what I have read I do test my pH and my ppm's. My pH was 5.8 and I try to keep it between 5.8 and 6.2. This feed was the first feed and I did 300 ppm's and the pH was 5.8.

Growenhaft

did he initially look healthy and only get worse after potting?
can you answer your question?

I suspect that the root was slightly damaged during potting ... that's how I know the look.

can happen quickly if you press the medium a little too hard from above.

if everything is in order with everyone else, the same medium, water and environment, all cuttings were taken from the same mother, something went wrong with potting.

Newbie95

can you answer your question?

I suspect that the root was slightly damaged during potting ... that's how I know the look.

can happen quickly if you press the medium a little too hard from above.

if everything is in order with everyone else, the same medium, water and environment, all cuttings were taken from the same mother, something went wrong with potting.

That is a good possibility to I'm gonna treat it like normal for now and let it grow out. It did happen shortly after I transfer from solo cup

Growenhaft

Das ist eine gute Möglichkeit, ich werde es erstmal ganz normal behandeln und auswachsen lassen

let's go one step further.

is the water consumption less compared to the others?

this should be the case with a root injury.
Then it would be good to offer you an accelerator for root growth and a very light nutrient solution (EC 0.6) as leaf food. shortly before the light goes out, fog the leaves from above and below. to support her, otherwise she will later fall too far behind the others in terms of size. remains small and has to be raised, which is annoying.

What you can also do is swap places with another plant.

it is only a small change, but it is often very successful.

Tom Hill

Veteran
The soil is wrong and the hours are all fucked up that plant was budding now you tryna take it back out with these single blade leaves etc

PolyChucker

I get single bladed leaves and rust spots from soggy roots. But the soil doesn’t look soggy on top. Which suggests it’s not well mixed or hydrated.

when I repot, I soak the soil until the perlite floats, to fully hydrate the soil, and then I leave it in a sunny spot like a patio to try and heat up and steam the soil while the excess drains off. If you didn’t overdo the soil hydration, then you shouldn’t have too much leaf crinkle
But still it will probably be too wet for like a week so don’t give it any water until the soil is on the verge of shrinking inside the pot. Soil from the bag is usually not well mixed or hydrated

since this thread is over 2mo old I’m curious if you fixed it

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Clones are not reliable when one switches the substrate that's differnt from the mother. If you use the same substrate as the mother you will have better succuss. 😎

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
A cloned plant is exactly the same genetically as its parent and can’t change its own genetics to adapt to a changing environment. You can stick a seed in almost any mix and it will adapt. However, a clone has only its single parent adaptability and needs the same media for success.😎

Latest posts

Latest posts