What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Neville´s Haze x Purps...

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
This thread is about a cross I made last summer using Neville´s Haze mother, which have been a longtime favorite and a sturdy & smelly Purps male.

I only "harvested" 7 ripe beans, so I popped only two for that & space problems.

I didnt have no specific goal with this project, I just wanted to preserve some of those NH genes and maybe improve the floweringtime of it + maybe little chunkier buds & purple coloration = big +

Ok, so here are the two babies yesterday:

As you guys/gals can see there are some babypurpling going on those babies :D

What can I say... Welcome aboard!!!

Gert Lush

Veteran
Lovely work Herb!
Wish you the best of luck with this one!
What's "Purps", by the way?

I might be getting some good NH ('90 vintage allegedly) pollen soon, see how it will cross with NJ and my other little experiments! :wink:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Jassus Gert :wave:

Purps is a BCBD´s version of MendoPurps :yes:

As I have understanded & smoked this Purps variety is that it´s quite nice and has such a sativa charastetics in flowering, so this might get interesting if I just find nice male with NH charastestic to do an backcross into NH :headbange

Your vintage pollen plan sounds great, that would really be some!!!

What about a 303 x NH? :D

Take care brethren!!!

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola Eddie!

You are more than welcome into my thread, however, it takes some time before we can see realistic results of this cross...

Ideal situation for me would be two different phenotype males, so I could backcross both of them into NH mum :drum:

However, it´s ok to see female flowers also, only bad thing is that I dont have that Purps male anymore, or the pollen of it, so I cannot backcross it that way....

Here´s some drysift of a clone from the mum of this cross :yummy:

Gert Lush

Veteran
Herbalistic said:
What about a 303 x NH? :D
You're not the first one to ask that, mate, but frankly I don't see the point.
Two long-flowering, madly stretching low-yielding (albeit excellent) varieties, what would the goal be? A long-flowering, madly stretching, low-yieding variety? But we've got two of those already!

Having said that, a seed or 5 might still materialize! Then I'll have to find someone to grow it, coz I very much doubt it will be me... :nono:

G

Man this should be interesting. Yeah that would be sweet if you find that NH dom male and bx. Hope everything works out for you.

bigherb

Veteran
sick cross that sounds like som fire .its the best of both worlds my kind of shit .som purp haze crazy crazy. lov that cross . hope you hav major success .keep us updated.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Gert Lush said:
You're not the first one to ask that, mate, but frankly I don't see the point.
Two long-flowering, madly stretching low-yielding (albeit excellent) varieties, what would the goal be? A long-flowering, madly stretching, low-yieding variety? But we've got two of those already!

Having said that, a seed or 5 might still materialize! Then I'll have to find someone to grow it, coz I very much doubt it will be me... :nono:

Naah man.. Dont be so pessimist :D They infact are long-flowering, madly stretching varieties, but they are also very special genetics that should be preserved in all possible way´s me thinks :2cents:

+ That cross would be quite near ultimate sativa and here´s a one happy testgrower for sure. Those are both very psychedelic varieties and their combination would certainly be appreciated in this part of the world!

Please let me know Gert, if there is any change to acquire NH, or 303 pollen, so I could use them to make my ultimate sativa..

Eddie:
It´s all good, but that were my "goal" when popping these couple beans...

bigherb: Thank you for the kind words, they are certainly appreciated and you welcomed along :wave: Btw, they dont in fact represent the best of both worlds, because the Purps is very sativa dominant regarding it´s growing/flower structure while flowering and could take 80 daze to finish! At least the female I have takes that long for my big surprise! I have one female that is all purple after 28 daze and takes much darker color while the floweringstages go forward....

Now that crossed with the offspring of this cross, maybe with NH pheno male would produce something nice im sure, as would backcrossing NH pheno pollen back into NH mum :2cents:

I dig some pics of the mother of this cross later, or tomorrow!

Til then... :wave:

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hello herbal..:smile:

your visit to my thread brought me here..actually i'm glad you came around...and i had some spare time 2 day...I woz looking around for some of your work and i've seen some nice pics around...so hence this post....and i see i'm still in the frontrow so i must be having good seats...Nway i tagged it ...and all i wanne do is wish ya good luck on ya cross ..it should be nice watching them gro..i'll be around lurking for a bit :wave:

Last edited:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Nice to have you here Core :wave:

Ill be poppin more crosses I made very soon! They are almost all some fastflowering hybrids that have Blockhead as a dad.. I used that same autoflowering Blockhead daddy´s pollen into: Whiteskunk (ok yielder, but super supoer fast 40to45 daze;), Doublegum (totally depp purple & yielder), B-52 (very sativa, took 105 daze to ripe), SweetPurple (some purpling & crazy yield, best of these all) + I used that pollen to pollinate 3 unknown autoflowering sativa females + now I made F2´s using it and BH mummy :D

Here´s some pics of the Whiteskunk I used with BH:

Peace :wave:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Here´s a brief update on them babies..

They have now been 12 days up on the ground and are doing very well :jump:

They seem to have quite identical leaf structure at these early days, well see does it change when there is more days "under the stem" :chin:

Btw.. I did pollinate my flowering Purps female with Purple Kush pollen today :headbange Should be very interesting cross to grow!!!

Last edited:

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yea man seems like you gonne have your hands full growing them out...but now i tagged the thread i won't be missing much i think hehehe...keep it up Herbal !

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Welcome aboard PhillyPride!

Always nice to see you Core :wave:

I just had to took couple macros for you guys of the pregnant Purps mummy :D

Im going to upload and post them pics tonight, im sure you enjoy them regardless of the poor quality...

bigherb

Veteran
pics look sic those purps pollinated with purple kush should be ill u got som great ideas man keep doin wat u do

Ancient Mystic

Nice cross Herbalistic. This one will be I'll be watching close. Used to have a NH f4 momma for a couple of years. Crossed her with Highland Oaxacan, Pine Tar Kush and Deep Chunk. The HO cross is on the top of the list of those, though the DC should be nice too.
I, too, aspire to create my own ultimate sativa. Trippy speedy weed is a blessing. lol

peace and compassion
AM

Latest posts

Latest posts