What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Double Dutch F2's

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
A little update, on the smells the flowering plants.

There seams to be two different fragrances with in the group of females. With in the two different fragrance types there seams to be two groups, or sub (fragrance) groups in each. I could just go and call it 4 different odor/fragrant types/pheno types, but the smell is slightly different so I'm think two different fragrant pheno types each with a sub pheno.

The two that have the most pungent smell kind of like a really fragrant cheese, look to have a frostier coating of resin on the fan leaves. Where the ones that have the other smell type don't appear to have as much resin upon the fan leaves.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
The plants from the #5 in the two totes in it's first flower run, the final weight from them was 10.5oz.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I don't remember if I mentioned about the two {Hash Plant #6 x Double Dutch} #3 and #4 that I had in with the Double Dutch F2 males {Double Dutch F1 x Double Dutch F1}, I cut the seeded plants down about a week ago. These seeds will be basically 75% Double Dutch and 25% Hash Plant. But the female's lineage of this line will be descended from the Hash Plants "X" chromosome.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Pre-harvest pictures of 2 clones of the #3 female.

The smell from this plant/cutting is an awesome smell. It smells similar to bubble gum, but with more of a deeper dank type of smell. If you touch these buds (while still growing) the resin head come of and feel like sand on your finger when you rub your finger together.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

CowboyTed

Lovely buds!

Lovely buds!

Hey Ganoderma, those buds look fantastic. Congrats on a successful grow.

Reading about your propagation experiment is fascinating, though pretty much everything about cannabis is fascinating to me, since it's all new.

I have my first grow underway, partly indoors and partly outdoors.

If you need help trimming as your flowers mature, I'd welcome the knowledge that would come from helping, if you're not too far away. I'm near Parker.

Hopefull Stoner

bump anybody want to tell how the stone effect is and the taste of the current double dutch if known. i wanted warlock but the stone is more up and i want more down lol. thx.

i have searched threads 12 yrs old and older in order to do my research on strains i might want in the vault. old school rules if u can find it. no disrespect to the good new stuff. ijs

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
@Ganoderma Since you're still floating around. What did you ever do with your DD? How did it smoke for ya? I've actually got a couple packs, but they are old So who knows if they are viable.

I accidently made a bunch of open pollinated f4's last year from the bubble gum pheno. The grow didn't get to finish right and didn't make it to 9 weeks. So I wasn't able try any of the females, so I didn't get to rank them from okay to awesome.