What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

browntrout's Blue Durban-Chitral Test Grow

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
Big Shoutout to BROWNTROUT for hooking up these testers.
Pumped to see what type of beautiful phenos we find in these PCK/Blueberry mixes!!

Strains:
Descriptions:
  • PCK x DP - Purple/pink phenos relevant in 50% (4) of the progeny resulted in a sweet berry odor that ages into a burgundy wine smell while still retaining a healthy amount of Durban / Paki smells.
  • Blueberry - Joey Weeds blueberry daddies would be the most prevelant males in the mix as it matures much earlier and was closer to the DP x PCK females, It is more creamy, floral than the GPS BB which is darker/ earthier and has more color. The GPS daddies will be less prevelant as they matured much later.

Germination:
Seeds are placed into a cup of tap water until the seeds crack and a tap root emerges.

Then planted 1/2" deep in FFOF and starter tray placed on 75* heating mat.

:peacock:
Uploading photos now
BeL

budelight

Veteran
Testing:
picture.php

Bonus:
picture.php

browntrout

Veteran
Glad to see em about to start life Bude light! I'm weary of the rks/pck x bb germ rates as it was a little late for good seed production outdoors.

budelight

Veteran
Blue Durban-Chitral - 3 sunk (2 cracked open)

RKS x PCK x BB - 2 sunk (uncracked) & 1 floating (cracked open)

Hey Mikell and BT!

Thanks,
BeL

budelight

Veteran
Hey Everyone, Happy Friday!

We're starting this thread with 1 of each hybrid.
Others never poked up through the soil, so next round of seeds we'll just have to start a few more :)

They are both nice and healthy, just like a good seedling should be!
Notice how super purple the Blue Durban-Chitral's stalk is ;)

picture.php

Will swing back in a fortnight with another update.

Cheers,
Budelight

browntrout

Veteran
Budelight, you may have gotten lucky with that BDP and got a DJ pheno!

I'd wait for a good rootball on the BDP before flowering, The durban and BB need the root space so I figure the BDP is on that path too.

BT

budelight

Veteran
Budelight, you may have gotten lucky with that BDP and got a DJ pheno!

I'd wait for a good rootball on the BDP before flowering, The durban and BB need the root space so I figure the BDP is on that path too.

BT
WOO its way to early to really tell, but that would be pretty sweet!

Will hold off as long as i can to start flowering.
However, I was going to put these under 12/12 soon after popping.

My veg situation is "Meh" right now so i want to get them under the 150w cab, but we will see how strong a root ball i can get before then, since you asked :)

browntrout

Veteran
It may even be a joti male, both joti and DJ had the purple stems. The pck x durban and the joey weed bb did not. Yeah I understand the constraints, I would just hold off as long as possible! Hopefully you get two females!

BT

budelight

Veteran
Hey Everyone, here is a pre-transplant picture!!

I held off transplanting so they would be short enough to fit in my veg area, not ideal situation as they finally grew into the lights.

Transplanted into 1/2 gal of fresh Coco/perlite (2 parts : 1 part).
Going to be watering with MaxiBloom, Cal-Mag Plus, & ProTekt.
Moved them into the 12/12 cab last night... off to the races we go!

picture.php

Cheers,
BeL

budelight

Veteran
awesome i love durban wish i could find some out here ):

theselook great how do i sub?
Welcome leftquark, You are sorta subbed by just replying to the thread. Get back here by clicking "My Posts" at the top :) the other option is at the top of this thread to click "Thread Tools" > "Subscribe to this thread"

I've never run anything with Durban in it (depending on who you ask) but have always heard great things about the strain which is why I chose to run these. Your lucky to have access to seedbay/seedboutique, I'm sure you can find some Durban beans up there!

And im in.lol sweet. Cant wait to see you results.what are you flowering under?
Welcome ghostmade and thanks for stoping by, you the same ghost that's on IG?

Sweet, looking forward too seeing these in action good luck with em.
Hey Midwest sticky, thanks for the good wishes, I am really looking forward to these as well, few weeks till we get any flower action but once it starts I'll get the pics rolling as often a s I can manage ;)

Cheers,
BeL

browntrout

Veteran
Thanks Budelight, They'll be some happy when they get transplanted! BB needs a good rootball. I'm a bit surprised by how indica the leaves are still!

ghostmade

Veteran
No sir.this handle is only for canna fourms.im not on any social media platform on a "professional" level.
Are you flowering under that 150w?

budelight

Veteran
OHHHH KAY!

Flower Day 13 pictures

On the day before they were flipped to flower, both plants had their FFOF rootball transplanted into fresh 2:1 coco/perlite.
1 gal coco (1/2 brick) + 1/2 gal perlite

Coco was flushed by soaking and draining x2 with tap.
Then added coco to
1 gal of water
+ 7g MG
+ 15ml CalMag Plus
+ 2ml ProTekt
= Soak for 30 minutes. After that, coco was drained and potted with plants.

Today, and the rest of the week, the plants will be watered with
Tap (55ppm)
+ MB (3.5g/gal)
= 445ppm
+ CalMag (5ml/gal)
= 623ppm@~5.5pH
+ ProTekt (.4ml/gal)
= 624ppm@~5.6pH

Blue Durban-Chitral (Female)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

browntrout

Veteran
I'm glad to see they took a growth spurt with the transplanting and flowering cycle. It appears I can see the slightest amount of pink in the BDC calyx!!! hopefully it keeps this trait further on. What's the smell like when rubbing the stems?

The RKS/PCK x BB looks male to me but your setup seems a bit stretchy, males tend to stretch a lot more.

BT