What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Everything x oBoy

Raho

Veteran
Hi Piff!
Good eye noticing the size of the gland heads. They actually fall between the mother and father in most cases. oBoy gland heads were smaller. The oBoy is a "wet" resin if you know what I mean, but there is variety among the hybrids on this trait. The hybrids are not "wet" resin like the haze. Somewhere in between. I associate small gland heads with sativa/haze and think it contributes to the "silver" look to some strains.

Slip Kid's cuts crossed with the oBoy really gave a great foundation. Balancing the strong sativa. All the crosses are unique but awesome.
The oBoy male consistently carried several traits with it into the crosses.

BigHerb would love these crosses (and the oBoy male in general) because it adds a sweet incense taste and smell to everything I crossed it with.
The sweet incense taste is there, but it does NOT overpower, and allows the mother plant taste to come through in the combination. I can clearly taste the mothers and feel distinct differences in effects between them.
It does not have the strong pine influence that some MNS hazes are dominated by (I think that comes from the heavy NL5 influence.) Not knocking them, just commenting on taste.

The common effects are:
Sweet incense smell and taste. GREAT tastes :)
High potency
Trippy, psychedelic high, but uplifting, energetic, and goofy/happy

The high from these crosses is the closest thing I have found to my own personal "medicine."

I don't want to go much further, at the risk of making my smoke reports redundant ;-)

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Nice one mate you answered my question perfectly.

I know what you mean about haze adding a certain je ne sais quoi to the high of a heavy strain. It's almost like it makes the high more pleasant and happy.

It's nice to hear your male breeds true for the incense trait. Sounds like you have a gem there for sure. Is there any cat piss aroma or citrus or just pure spice?

Peace

Raho

Veteran
Nice one mate you answered my question perfectly.

I know what you mean about haze adding a certain je ne sais quoi to the high of a heavy strain. It's almost like it makes the high more pleasant and happy.

It's nice to hear your male breeds true for the incense trait. Sounds like you have a gem there for sure. Is there any cat piss aroma or citrus or just pure spice?

Peace
No catpiss PRJ. Sweet fuely incense is consisten through the crosses. The specific sweet tastes vary between crosses.

Sorry I have let this go idle. I need to take the dried bud pics before I post smoke reports.

I have a stash of old catpiss hybrid seeds from NorCal I need to run some time. My next run is likely to be all indicas and kushes, but I also need to do an F2 run from the beans Slip and I made now that the male has proven himself. There weren't that many of them and all the crosses were contenders for "best smoke I have ever had."

S

Slip Kid

I had a smoke of the Mullum Super 5 yesterday when I was closing up shop.I'd been smoking various diff buds over the day and this one was a ripper.Smells like my Nevilles but it makes me hungry but it could have been the end of the day etc.I sat down on the bed after 12 hrs in the shop, ate 21 granola bars and watched 3 episodes of Gunsmoke, then woke up at 2am like clockwork.:) I'll test it out again for my first smoke today in about 15 min.:tiphat:

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Great job with those, Raho!! :D

I have to go back and drool harder, but I like the look of the sour dom cross & the dainty pistils on the mullim crosses.

Raho

Veteran
Great job with those, Raho!! :D

I have to go back and drool harder, but I like the look of the sour dom cross & the dainty pistils on the mullim crosses.

Thanks for posting Barletta :tiphat:
Great to hear from you amigo!
Loving your backyard light dep thread.

Guess I better post up some smoke reports.
Still haven't taken my "Glamor Shots" pics of the dried flowers.
I do have some OK pics from when I put them in the jar.

The tastes and smells came on strong after 2 weeks in the jar, but the effects were still evolving.
Some of the girls showed major changes changes at week 3.
The Mullum S5 changed the most.

I think I'll put up the week 2 reports, then come in with the week 3 and later updates.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd wager that in 6 mo. the smoke changes for the better, so be prepared to file a couple of reports! :D

Raho

Veteran
I'd wager that in 6 mo. the smoke changes for the better, so be prepared to file a couple of reports! :D

Hi HL,
You are right on :)
Problem is, I doubt some of these jars will last that long.
The reason is these guys:
picture.php

Calling it "Kings Row" now. (pic was taken right after up-potting so they are droopy.) These horny teenagers seeded the hell out of the crop :)

9 plants, 1.5-2 oz per plant. The problem is a lot of that weight was seeds. I have been pulling out at least 2 big fat beans for every hit, usually more like 6.

I am keeping the seeds separate by the mother. Great for picking a keeper, but there will be real diversity in them.

I made a mistake bumping the males with both rooms open, but I have to admit, it's great having this many beans where I know all the parents are FIRE, even if they are all mixed hybrids.

Next post with some descriptions coming now :dance013:

Raho

Veteran
So these are my notes from 2 weeks in the jar.

BigHerb would love oBoy
All oBoy crosses have full on incense smell and taste.

oBoy combined nicely with the variety of mothers producing smells from bubblegum and berries to sweet juniper and sweet lemon pine, all softened by a creamy hash incense smell in flowers that are coated with heavy concentrations of glands with large gland heads.
Clearly potent, the high starts off with a headrush, (medium expansion, dark) but it's still creapin, coming on stronger over 5-10 minutes. As a common element in all crosses, it consistently adds a clear trippy sativa effect, with visual effects and a goofy happy spirit. You can do things on this, but sitting around thinking about doing things is what happens more often :)

picture.php

Individual breakdown of the crosses:
The Chem4 cross has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and a great taste. Muscle pain is gone in a flash. It actually makes my teeth numb. Similar head to the sour below. Not sure if it lasts as long. More testing needed :)
picture.php

The ECSD hybrid is where the berry/bubblegum tastes can come be found. The sour is still there, but the oBoy incense replaced some of the sour bite. This is the general purpose rock and roll oBoy hybrid. Good for parties, good for work, good for sleep. Tastes great, feels great.
picture.php

MK19 (my select sativa kush girl from 20 MNS Masterkush) . . . this plant is a miracle. The high of this MK pheno was already the most uplifting, functional sativa hash in my quiver. Combining this with oBoy keeps all the good of the MK and brings tripiness and goofiness potency and resin production. In addition to the "party time" aspect of the high, the parents also combine into something greater than the sum of the parts with a diverse combination of medical effects. Anti-anxiety, muscle relaxation, some analgesic, it is like a wellness tonic that hits a lot of my buttons in a single puff. The taste of the MK momma was good, a 10 week plant with distinctive juniper hash taste. Good, but it could have been better. Combining it with the oBoy, the sweet incense balanced/combined with the juniper hash of the MK to make something great. One thing I am particularly happy about is getting to mix outside genetics with one of Shanti's lesser known gems. I have seen lots of pics of Shanti's Master Kaze. You know how a lot of MNS gear can start to look the same, maybe because of all the skunk everywhere? Well this is completely different :)
picture.php

BikerKush is taking a bit longer to dry because of her density. Because of this, the tastes are still coming in. I am detecting a very old afghan taste in there. Hope it keeps coming in. NICE :) She is definitely very potent, but that too is increasing. I am finding these OG hybrids to have a "stun" effect. Instead of sitting there with mind drifting from thought to thought like a good sativa, or sedated and sleepy like a hashplant, they give you a big headrush and then leave you kind of stunned, sitting there slack-jawed. Mental flat line. I smoked 2 hits of it this morning and I am having to fight it a bit to get things done. Energy is there, just scattered. Unfocussed. Anyway, I am still evaluating this :)
picture.php

I love all the oBoy crosses, but that's not all I grew. Details on the other girls:

C5LN2 I have only done one hit of this. Looks and smells amazing . . . No 2 week test, soon come brah :)

The Nev21 eMM has just a sweet delicious taste. Great upbeat clear mental high too. Soaring Euphoria. Fantastic.

Mullum S5 at 2 weeks seems like a super spicy NL hybrid, if it didn't take 14 + weeks to mature, you might think it was a giant indica.
Extreme potency and a unique taste, a weird combo of head and body effect. I have not smoked enough of this to get it figured out yet.
It has a strong baby poo spell, if the baby was a dinosaur. There is a foul stink that comes off of it. I realized at this point that this particular plant has combined the giant tropical mullum with the Super5 to make a "rotting mango" smell. It's kinda hard to explain. It seems a bit like OG in the "up" effect, but less "zoomy." Honestly, this is what I would expect golden triangle weed to look and smoke like. Somewhere up in Burma or something. Not sure if the male will show more sativa than the female.

Madjag

Veteran
A++++ ....See Me After Class

A++++ ....See Me After Class

"She is definitely very potent, but that too is increasing. I am finding these OG hybrids to have a "stun" effect. Instead of sitting there with mind drifting from thought to thought like a good sativa, or sedated and sleepy like a hashplant, they give you a big headrush and then leave you kind of stunned, sitting there slack-jawed. Mental flat line."

Great verbal/abstract but visual description.....using words instead of telepathy....sometimes the words fit, sometimes they grind. I'm voting for your ROTM (report of the month) award. Gold Star!!

picture.php

S

Slip Kid

Wicked.:)I ran out of papers and went clear across town to buy more to smoke that Nevs E Mullum.You have to have a paper for that the pipes are yucky, mine anyway! The joints seriously lift you off your feet, great stuff to smoke even when operating heavy equipment.:woohoo:

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Hi Raho

Congratulations on your harvest! And a perfectly comprehensive smoke report to go with it!

Hats off mate.

Peace

Raho

Veteran
Week 3 smoke:
So a week later, the testing continued.
Potency increased across the board, smells and flavors increased and evolved and the nature of the effects are becoming more clear.

I LOVE the taste and effects of this sour oboy. It is fucking sublime. On one particularly BIG hit, I exhaled quickly and the taste was just like honeysuckle flowers :)

The BK oBoy . . . DAMN. That plant has an old school afghani taste like one of my best NorCal afghan's from '82.
We called that strain "Ranger weed" cuz we got the seeds from a Forest Ranger. Those were the days :)

Has the "oBoy Lift" to the effects, but the momma was obviously a very powerful indica. I wonder if that HAOG has some LA Affie in it, because that taste is the taste I have been expecting to find from LA Affie (if I ever get hold of it.)

Picked a nice tiny nug from the BK jar. First hit from the jar.
taste: 11
potency: 11
indica/sativa: 75/25
effect: I found it strange that while the BK was coursing through my body, my brain was under complete control of the oBoy. The smell carries through to the taste, inhale and exhale. the smoke is THICK indica. As I sat there spacing out enjoying the ride, I knew it was wrecking my ability to think and communicate. I knew I had had enough . . . but the taste was so great I smoked 3 more hits. Nighttime only. Wasted.

Then, I started checking out the Mullum jars. I swear the stink is enough to make you gag. It is like a heavy medicine. After about 30 minutes staring at this jar, zoning out from the OG, I realized I COULD smoke more after all :) and chopped up a tiny MMS5 nug from the jar.
Dense, powerful, medicinal smoke, a different kind of incense from the nev and the ohaze.
Yes, it had a great taste, the rotting mango incense I mentioned before was still there at week 3, but soon I realized that the effect had changed. The mind and body effects had come together, and the mind wasn't trippy, it was Soaring.

Not the floating feeling of many sativas and haze, but a full spirit soaring effect.
It was intense, but only lasted about 30 minutes before leaving me with a major stone. I think it was the lingering effects of the BK that brought me down.

Couple days later, started my day with a few hits of the 21eMM . . . It is a clear head high, clearer than the MMS5, like that, it takes you soaring, but just a little speedy.
Taste is a very sativa Nev. Less pine taste than your typical Nev, with a bit more sweetness and spice from the Thai in the Early Mullum. That early mullum must be something really special Kanga. Fast (for a tropical) great structure, great effects.

Regarding the duration of the high. I am finding some of them have an amazingly persistent effect.
The main high wears off after 3-4 hours, but the sour and chem4 oBoy crosses actually leave me with an afterglow of happiness out to 5 hours or so. Not like that means I smoke less . . . I love the taste so much I keep smoking it :)

The BK oBoy at 3 weeks unfortunately seems to crash me a bit when it wears off.
Could be a physical thing like dehydration or something. I know some strains do that a lot more than others.
I used to a particularly tasty indica before bed, but I would always wake up feeling hung over.
I had all but quit using it for that, until a friend told me that I just needed to drink a lot of water with strains that do that. Said it was dehydration. Didn't get it till he said "you know how some strains give you cotton mouth?" I felt pretty stupid as soon as he said that <g> and he was right.

The Masterkush is officially the speediest strain I have ever smoked.
At 2 weeks, I found it to relax me and described it as anti-anxiety.
At 3 weeks it pushes every anxiety button I have.

I discovered that when I smoked four hits (for science.) Bad idea. I felt the stimulant effects but kept smoking, trying to smoke my way through it LOL.
Tried to mellow it out with Blueberry. They seemed to multiply each other :) Damnedest thing that. I had to drive across town a little later and I was a basketcase. Took a shower to relax (which normally helps) but this time it barely did anything.
A few days later, I had to try again. Maybe I was tired or hadn't eaten or something? Who knows?
I smoked just one hit. Immediately got this sense of dread in the pit of my stomach as the meds kicked in. She's BAAAA AAAACCKK!
Quickly went for some blueberry to take the edge off, then went outside for a walk in the woods to try and relax.
That didn't work. I was so amped up, every twig that brushed against my skin, every sound I heard, they me.
I'm sure some people would think this was the ultimate weed. I just haven't found a set and setting where it could be that for me yet. Maybe more jar time will change it more.

Waiting for a smoke report on this marvel from a trusted advisor . . . I have named that plant "Panic Room."
I wonder why it's taking so long to hear back on it? LOL

I'll try to get setup soon with a tripod, black background and some lights that aren't red to shoot fancy jar shots of these buds.

Reading this back, I haven't said much about the Chem4 cross.
Those low yielding, floppy stemmed girls are my favorite daytime smoke ever.
Smell, taste, effects. It is like the plant was put here on earth to heal me mentally, physically and spiritually. It fills me with joy, gives me energy and relaxes me at the same time, increases creativity without sacrificing intelligence, I'm sure there are other strains out there that combine similar traits. Thrilled to have found one in these crosses.
Wheres Wally? :biggrin:

Raho

Veteran
"She is definitely very potent, but that too is increasing. I am finding these OG hybrids to have a "stun" effect. Instead of sitting there with mind drifting from thought to thought like a good sativa, or sedated and sleepy like a hashplant, they give you a big headrush and then leave you kind of stunned, sitting there slack-jawed. Mental flat line."

Great verbal/abstract but visual description.....using words instead of telepathy....sometimes the words fit, sometimes they grind. I'm voting for your ROTM (report of the month) award. Gold Star!!

View Image

Thanks MJ :tiphat:
We have some great writers in this little corner of IC.
I knew you were going to be a great friends before we ever met just by reading your thread, so it means a lot.

In my mind, there was a lot of polishing still to do, but sometimes you just gotta click the button and move on.

Doing a retro-log is a lot harder than a real time journal.
I wasn't planning to do it this way so digging through notes has been tough.

Feels great to know I was able to convey these very personal experiences in a way others recognize and identify with.

BTW: great choice on Bukowski. My favorite Beat Poet.
I bought 2 of his books in a tiny old used bookstore in Manhattan in the 80s. Lent them to a close friend and haven't seen either in 25 years.

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Really nice thread Raho! I just love your flowers! This spring I picked up 3 packs of Seedsman's Original haze. Excited to grow these out.

I think that it is instructive to us all to see how well the T5's do in flower!

Thanks!

R.Fortune

S

Slip Kid

That Mullum sure does turn any stock into a real strong plant.I can see why they love it down under, although I havn't ever had any straight Mullum but the crosses are superb for sativa junkies.Looking forward to run the Mullum Super 5 X Nevilles.I think they'll do very well in my rooms. The O Haze sure didn't hurt the smoke when crossed up with my clone stock.Lovely!:)

Kangativa

Veteran
Awesome thread mate and looking forward to more:tiphat:

"Taste is a very sativa Nev. Less pine taste than your typical Nev, with a bit more sweetness and spice from the Thai in the Early Mullum. That early mullum must be something really special Kanga. Fast (for a tropical) great structure, great effects."

This plant has been on a 5yr breeding program, might have been quicker if it was legal here, but doesnt matter I enjoyed the journey and it has finally reached a point where I am super happy with it, and it takes alot to make me happy when talking about plants, so i am glad you like it mate, expect to see some nice crosses soon with this years Males and Females:)