What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Everything x oBoy

Raho

Veteran
Had a hard time deciding on a name for this thread. It could just as easily have been called "Raho and friends" because the work it covers is all the result of friendship.

Instead we'll name it after the male, oBoy.
He is a uniquely fast, incense-stinky, resiny and trippy, vigorous selection of Seedsman oHaze x NL.
picture.php

At over one year old, oBoy has really been "getting around" and this is the first run of his offspring :smokey: .
As an expectant "father" of these unions, some of you may know the feelings of uncertainty the first time you test a new male. Has it been worth to keep this plant alive all that time? One way to make sure you really test him is to show the same male across multiple proven mothers.

That's where the friends came in :)
Everyone in this forum knows Slip Kid and his work.
We became good friends last year and have had some opportunity to combine efforts. The first product of our alliance is based on 4 of Slip's best girls with my oBoy male.

The females:

• ECSD cut
  • Chem D cut
  • Chem 4 cut
  • Biker Kush v1 (HAOG X Lucifer OG)
Some of these crosses were done a bit late in flowering, making very few seeds.
I decided to run 3 of these oBoy hybrids in a casual test (all but the Chem D.) But that wasn't all, I had some exotic beans from other friends to test too.

C5 cut x LaNina (Dirk/Sam)
Nev21 x early Mullum (Nev/Kanga)
Mullum x Super 5 (Nev/Kanga)
Masterkush19 x oBoy (my selection from 11 females)

These MMS5 and 21eMM beans are from Nev's work with Kangativa.
Kanga has known me for a while and I consider him a friend. He knows I mean no disrespect in sharing my experience with these genetics. I am thrilled we have had a chance to work with them.
:gday:

The C5 cross is from my brothers Dirk D and YoSammy, 2 more friends who made a big difference in my life. :comfort:
Yeah, it is the old school C5 cut crossed with a select LaNina male.

So, that's the setup.
I wound up with 9 females under a frameless scrog net in a space the size of a 1 meter cube.
50/50 perlite/coco in one gallon pots with a drain to waste drip system running GNC 3 part under a 12 tube T5 BadBoy.
Different flowering times and growth patterns were a real concern. In the end, only the Mullum was a real outlier in flower time and plant structure. The 21mullum felt right at home with my oBoy crosses.

OK, getting this first post done was the hardest part.
:watchplant:
:)

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
good luck old fella ,, hehe ,

i dont think you can go/grow wrong with any of those genetics there man,
nice solid start ,
best of luck in the garden man ...

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day Raho

That`s quite a line up bro .
Sam Sk Man Say`s the Ohaze enhances crosses . I have seen some nice grows of that line up of cuts recently .
I have exp with C5 vs Ortega . A lovely line . I know the boys are fond of the C5 vs La Nina .
Look fwd to the show .

EB .

bushweed

Veteran
Hi Raho,

Best of luck with your run. I'm looking forward to seeing how the old school C5 x LaNina goes for you...I too have some of these beans (IOU Sammy), with the C5 cut said to produce some of the strongest plants many have tried....is the C5 the NL5HzC122 otherwise known as Mango, Elmer? Or is it the NL5HzC1??

The 5Hz122 is a NL5HzC phenotype 122. This one and NL5HzC phenotype 1 were selected by Nevil as the best 2 pheno's of the 5HzC.

Last edited:

sdd420

Veteran
I'm very jealous but those beans sound great. The mm will be awesome. I hope you have good grow. I am watching closely. Peace

Raho

Veteran
What a great response :)
Old friends, new friends. This is a great little corner of ICmag.
I've missed you guys. Thanks for jumping in!

good luck old fella ,, hehe ,

i dont think you can go/grow wrong with any of those genetics there man, nice solid start , best of luck in the garden man ...
Thanks Wally. Appreciate the support.

G`day Raho
That`s quite a line up bro .
Sam Sk Man Say`s the Ohaze enhances crosses . I have seen some nice grows of that line up of cuts recently.
I have exp with C5 vs Ortega . A lovely line . I know the boys are fond of the C5 vs La Nina . Look fwd to the show .

EB .

Hi EB !
Yeah, all the veterans agree, Haze is secret sauce ;-) Most people running the original A and C (skunk/NL etc) hybrids are used to a range of flavors they attribute to the haze that sometimes come from the NL or skunks Nev/Shanti selected. In alternative sources of original lines, we test the theory of Nev that "All you best haze are belong to him." We kid because we love :)
Not saying I don't love haze C and A cuts, because you all know I do :) Just always looking for something unique.

Hi Raho,

Best of luck with your run. I'm looking forward to seeing how the old school C5 x LaNina goes for you...I too have some of these beans (IOU Sammy), with the C5 cut said to be the strongest NL5Hz many have tried....is the C5 the NL5HzC122 otherwise known as Mango Elmer? Or the NL5HzC1??

Never heard 122 named Mango Elmer :)
His influence grows by leaps. I must be missing some great work :-(
This is the same parent stock that they selected the "PG haze" pheno from, C5 x LN2.
Not sure if it was #1 or #122. If you have C5LN, it is their LN2.

I'm very jealous but those beans sound great. The mm will be awesome. I hope you have good grow. I am watching closely. Peace
Welcome SDD!
No need to be jealous mate. These are the good old days for cannabis genetics. Just gotta believe :)
Alright, now it's a party !!

Awesome mate......Got the new computer with the big screen just to sit back and watch your grow :)

Best of luck my friend, have fun.
Peace ,
Kanga.
Timing is everything
Now I have all this pressure on me to impress Kanga with my pics?!
LOL Kidding bro.

Lets do this !

So a bit more information:
This op is done. All chopped and on the string by April 30.
I'll be telling the story but compressing the delivery for your convenience

Before I could start this new grow, I had to finish the old one. A single oHaze x NL female in scrog. This:

Turned into this:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 plant, 3 gallon pot, 50/50 coco/perl, drain to waste drip, GH 3 part, under 8 tubes of T5HOs (440 watts.)
Produced over a pound of trimmed dried bud in 100 days of flower.
[/FONT]

OK, next we will make fast work of the veg cycle :)

Cheers friends!

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
darn nice,
i clicked the pic twice ,
looks like some good cannabis there,
there ll be some resin flowing in this thread i can see ,, hehe ...

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day Bushie

As far as I can decipher C5 = NL Hz #5 x Hz C - [ #1 ].
The #122 was selected by Shanti later days . But to add to the intrigue Shanti also has a male NL #5 x Hz C he calls #122 as well .
Though I`m pretty certain the cuts the boys hold are remnants of NVL`s OP in Sthn Holland .
The C5 made an appearance in the last few years at a Cup in Amsterdam under an alias .
The bitch won it again . Under an assumed name !!
Love the integrity of the Dutch seed Co`s . NOT ! .

EB .

bushweed

Veteran
Cheers Elmer,
I think Sam states in the quote above that Nevil selected both #1 and #122, but yeah he used the #1 in SSH, while Shanti sagely used the #122 in Mango Hz. I know Sam told me exactly which the C5 was, but alas the effects of time and lost forum material defeats me. Anyway, after checking thru Chana's C5 Connection thread at MNS and seeing how masterfully those fellas (Chana, Dirk & Sammy) run that hot looking cut...I'm gonna try and do the same...

H

huarmiquilla

howdy Raho

how you do?
respect

thank you to share such lovely garden
much skill within you technique
sativa within t5 much respect
haze harvest much respect

indeed Raho much familiar within unchart water
such lovely form to being at when within helm
you form to being lovely sage thinks

am tickle pink

respect

positive vibrations

Raho

Veteran
It's Hay on that female Bushweed.
Like breathing green air :)

Last edited:

Raho

Veteran
Alright, here's the veg story.
They were small, I thinned the herd. Up-potted them and waited for the roots to set.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
Couldn't top them when it was time, and by the time I got to it I had to chop them in half and flip them.

In the mean time, the males had been selected:
Biker Kush oBoy
ECSD oBoy
Chem4 oBoy
21 EMM
Mullum S5
oBoy

Like the females, the male oBoy crosses all flipped predictably.
The 21 Mullum was right there with them.

Mullum S5? about 8-10 days behind.

By this time it was obvious that the MMS5 had a giant jungle plant structure and had not been tamed for indoor 12/12 growing.
The node gaps were much longer, everything was big, the branches obviously built to support heavy weight.

stupid 5 pic limit

Raho

Veteran
18 days into flower, working the canopy in a counter clockwise swirl.

album.php

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Hello Raho,
Just joined this joint to comment on yr lovely thread.

Nevil is the only one who could tell us more about the C5 cut we hold being either the 5HzC1 or the 5HzC122. IMO its the 122 because of the aromas found grown to full potential. She needs lots of air to get her right and she is very N sensitive. Grown right you get very fruity buds with hints of pine and glue. Grown wrong it will be like hay...Shanti probably selected a simular pheno out of an old seedbag he got from nev and called this one mango bc of the fruity aroma... But this is just my interpretation of things, not saying this is the case, just pure canna logic used here..... Either that or shanti enherated the original 5HzC122..... Dont know the facts just speculating and you all know how breeders like to keep things obscured, understandable knowing its their own business so whatever the case, the C5 cut is pure fire, nevil stated it was the best haze hybrid he made back in the day.....

Now to your grow Raho, thank you for sharing yr experience with us. Looking forward how the rest of yr grow will go. Looking great so far bro!
Best to you,
Sammy

Raho

Veteran
Hey Sammy! Great to hear from you in the thread.

You are the authority on those old cuts as far as I am concerned.
Wish I could have run more of those hybrids, but you know how it is working with limited space.

So now we are transitioning to flower.
I flipped the males 7 days after the females.
I did have some really beautiful males.
This BKoBoy male (BK dom) saw some action later

This Chem4 oBoy male had amazing leaves. Note the aggressive double serration. Nice to see what the genes contain.

The Mullum S5 was the most sativa in appearance at this stage.