What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Everything x oBoy

Madjag

Veteran
Greatfully approved by Kanga, the Master Blaster himself......

picture.php

Last edited:

bloyd

Veteran
Really enjoying the thread and smoke reports. Please keep us updated as the smoke evolves. I am growing out gdtrfbs seedsman haze x sour bubble and I have never seen relentless growth like I am in the haze leaners. His threads are very worthy of a look for seedsman haze lovers. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=201830

bigherb

Veteran
Raho

Did someone say Incense ? Lol

Beautiful plants ,you have some Great genetics you are working with . Im Glad i came across this thread

I have to say aside from the Eye candy i love your Detailed Post/descriptions . I truly appreciate details an i appreciate the heads up aswell on the Incense

I have to ask because it seems spot on ,Is this Oboy From Gdtrfb stock ?

The Cross is amazing both your Grows dissprove the Theory Sativa dont yield and Haze's cant be run commmercially.

M19 /MM crosses an BK Oboy sound like somthin id love in my jar

Keep us posted on your next runs

Much Respect

BTW is Yo Sammy aka Unc Yosemite Sam

1luvbigherb

Raho

Veteran
I was hoping you would pop in BigHerb :D
Glad you did and thanks for the comments

YES to all of your questions.

It would be hard to go wrong with Slip's hot mommas, (real deal elites grown by a master) but I love what the oBoy did with them.
The GDTRFB stock produced variable plants of which the oBoy male was the standout in smell and resin production. I even experienced the uplifting trippy high from him test smoking "tops" in veg. Best male I have ever tested. Maybe the best veg tops I have smoked. Surprised the hell out of me :)

I think I know what you look for in taste/smell. What effects do you prefer?

If I send anything in to the Server Fund, I'll give you a heads up.

Bloyd - those Sour Bubble crosses looked like some killer.
Feel free to post up some pics in here if you want to share what they're doing. Have you flipped them yet?

That oHaze scrog was just amazing. Treated it with a strong pimp hand, and she loved it.
It was much easier pulling a pound from that single plant under 8 T5 tubes than to manage the mixed strain/pheno run I did with the hybrids.

The Mullum S5 was on a different cycle than all the others (around 2 weeks behind) and yield suffered for it because I biased the feeding towards the 8 other plants that flipped a couple of weeks earlier, but I managed the lighting to the big Mullum's needs.

Thanks for the kind words John. I wish I could give everyone a taste of what we're talking about here. Words seem so inadequate sometimes.

One day, when they free the world to use this plant again, we will all celebrate together.
I hope it happens in my lifetime. Been waiting for that day since 1979 when I felt the effects for the first time, and understood that my Govt had been lying to me my entire young life.

Raho

Veteran
Yo Sammy is not the Yosemite Sam on ICMag. I asked him at the Lab.

Thanks for that MJ.
Apparently I didn't understand the Q.
Yo Sammy has been "Yosemite Sam" all over the web (except here I guess.)

BigHerb,
Since I know you have interacted with him over at MNS back in the day under that name, I assumed that's who you were talking about.
I don't know this other YS.

Raho

Veteran
Thanks Kanga !
Can you share a bit of description of the smell/taste/effects of the eMM?

I perceive it to have very strong thai influence based on my limited experience growing 2 Thai females in 81 (seeds from University of Colorado Boulder, a friend stole them from his brother's stash of Thai sticks) and a QP of loose Thai I carried home in my luggage on the plane from my summer in Mendo in 83.

I suspect that umbrella would cover a lot of your work though, given your taste and the genetics you have to work with there.

There is great diversity among strains described as "Thai" today, and I know of nobody with a better context to elaborate ;-)
So . . . am I on the right track?

Can't wait to see what comes next from that work!

Awesome thread mate and looking forward to more:tiphat:

"Taste is a very sativa Nev. Less pine taste than your typical Nev, with a bit more sweetness and spice from the Thai in the Early Mullum. That early mullum must be something really special Kanga. Fast (for a tropical) great structure, great effects."

This plant has been on a 5yr breeding program, might have been quicker if it was legal here, but doesnt matter I enjoyed the journey and it has finally reached a point where I am super happy with it, and it takes alot to make me happy when talking about plants, so i am glad you like it mate, expect to see some nice crosses soon with this years Males and Females:)

Last edited:

Madjag

Veteran
Oops...sorry to say, I asked Rob Clarke about 6 months back if he was "R" and he wrote back saying no way. He didn't have much positive to say about the self-proclaimed "Herb Connoisseur".

It had been so long since I had read those early issues that I just thought I'd ask...simpler.

I went back and read a few of "R"'s weed reviews and his annual awards and could instantly see the difference in their writing. Rob only wrote a few columns over the early years. When I have some time next weekend I'll dig out a few, scan them, and post them.

Raho

Veteran
Hey Robert!
Thanks for the post. I see the link to your aero thread.
I started off in this space with a couple of homemade aeroflows I put together in 2011. I didn't like using a recirculating system because of the complexity. Had a nice chiller setup and everything. Ultimately I pulled all the tubes and got myself setup to do drain to waste drip systems and haven't looked back. Nothing wrong with them, I just like not having to empty the res or worry about the nutes being partially depleted/add backs/etc. I have gotten really good at matching the timers interval and duration to match the plants stage of growth, working the wet dry cycle.
I have left them many times for up to a week and come back to a happy room.

I got my oBoy from GDTRFB's work, but I have seen some amazing plants come from Seedsman haze.
They are extremely aggressive growing, and they don't seem to take it personally if you have to chop them back with a gas powered hedge trimmer :)
Wish you could have seen the whole thread at the other site. It's lost to the bit bucket now, never to be seen again.

I love the T5's. In my little bunker, I don't have much choice of course but I get satisfaction out of making it work.
I wish I had big vert HID rooms, but I don't think I am losing much in quality with what I have. Lights are just tools for accomplishing the job right? No ego.

Anyway, glad to have you check in. Keep postin ;-)

Really nice thread Raho! I just love your flowers! This spring I picked up 3 packs of Seedsman's Original haze. Excited to grow these out.

I think that it is instructive to us all to see how well the T5's do in flower!

Thanks!

R.Fortune

Raho

Veteran
Oops...sorry to say, I asked Rob Clarke about 6 months back if he was "R" and he wrote back saying no way. He didn't have much positive to say about the self-proclaimed "Herb Connoisseur".

It had been so long since I had read those early issues that I just thought I'd ask...simpler.

I went back and read a few of "R"'s weed reviews and his annual awards and could instantly see the difference in their writing. Rob only wrote a few columns over the early years. When I have some time next weekend I'll dig out a few, scan them, and post them.

Well I will always be his fan for Marijuana Botany. Still have my first edition after all these years. Turned a kid into an aspiring geneticist.
:comfort:

If "R" was nothing more than a fictional Bon Vivant, he still had a positive influence on me, that's for sure ;-)

I can see why RCC would express dislike. His work (and personality?) was more research scientist than wine tasting, and "R's" stuff seemed to be about 70% fiction.:artist:
I always resolved the obvious conflict in styles as him putting on the nom de plum as a full character. His own walk on the wild side.

Screw the details . . . 3 cheers for the spice of life!
:woohoo:

Thanks for dispelling that identity myth. I don't wanna be running around spreading BS.

For yourself MJ, are you more connoisseur or scientist? (portrayed as 2 sides of a spectrum for convenience.)

bloyd

Veteran
Very interesting raho I didn't realize your male came from gdtrfb's stock. Was that from the o haze x nl f2's then?

I have about 12 packs of gtdrfb's crosses. 3 each of the sb, ohaze nl f2, schnazz, and bx, so it is great to hear of the breeding potential. I just popped 5 seeds of his sb cross and got 2 fems at about 7 weeks. One leans towards the bubble the other is a carbon copy of his haze, still stretching 7 weeks in and taking over my mixed ppk bed. Will probably throw some chop shots up here.

Kangativa

Veteran
Thanks Kanga !
Can you share a bit of description of the smell/taste/effects of the eMM?

I perceive it to have very strong thai influence based on my limited experience growing 2 Thai females in 81 (seeds from University of Colorado Boulder, a friend stole them from his brother's stash of Thai sticks) and a QP of loose Thai I carried home in my luggage on the plane from my summer in Mendo in 83.

I suspect that umbrella would cover a lot of your work though, given your taste and the genetics you have to work with there.

There is great diversity among strains described as "Thai" today, and I know of nobody with a better context to elaborate ;-)
So . . . am I on the right track?

Can't wait to see what comes next from that work!

I see these written descriptions as one of the end products of connoisseurship as advocated by "R" (Rob Clark) back in the day.

His writing as "R" expanded my appreciation of LIFE, not just herb.

Hey Raho, I am probably the worst Person to ask on that subject, because my vocab doesnt have the flamboyance that people have today when describing flavours.....MM to me has always had that rich earthy Thai smell of old school and it seems to carry it through into most crosses, The Thai's I grew this year carried the same smell apart from the GN Thai as that has a bit more sweetness to it.
The MM is a awesome strain and when you take a toke on a joint you can draw it in nice and deep with plenty of smoke, like smoking chillums in the old days, it is rjch, powerful and lung expanding.
It and the Oax are the perfect outcrosses as they are both very old school genetics.
What I am working on now is a Sumatran/Oaxacan x MM cross...the tastes and smells from this one will have Big Herb salivating..lol

Madjag

Veteran
Well I will always be his fan for Marijuana Botany. Still have my first edition after all these years. Turned a kid into an aspiring geneticist.
:comfort:

If "R" was nothing more than a fictional Bon Vivant, he still had a positive influence on me, that's for sure ;-)

I can see why RCC would express dislike. His work (and personality?) was more research scientist than wine tasting, and "R's" stuff seemed to be about 70% fiction.:artist:
I always resolved the obvious conflict in styles as him putting on the nom de plum as a full character. His own walk on the wild side.

Screw the details . . . 3 cheers for the spice of life!
:woohoo:

Thanks for dispelling that identity myth. I don't wanna be running around spreading BS.

For yourself MJ, are you more connoisseur or scientist? (portrayed as 2 sides of a spectrum for convenience.)

I am merely a logistics expert who dabbles in life experiments.

Some I navigate seemlessly while others kick my ass.

Concerning the growing of cannabis I lean toward scientist: gentleman farmer. Still, my ability to plan and create secure logistics for guerrilla growing is the true essence of my spirit....adventure, nature, and the hippie lifestyle.

Raho

Veteran
Very interesting raho I didn't realize your male came from gdtrfb's stock. Was that from the o haze x nl f2's then?

I have about 12 packs of gtdrfb's crosses. 3 each of the sb, ohaze nl f2, schnazz, and bx, so it is great to hear of the breeding potential. I just popped 5 seeds of his sb cross and got 2 fems at about 7 weeks. One leans towards the bubble the other is a carbon copy of his haze, still stretching 7 weeks in and taking over my mixed ppk bed. Will probably throw some chop shots up here.

Yeah. That's it. Lookin forward to seeing lots of pics. Will be like a family reunion, siblings ;-)
:peacock:

My female was the F2 BX and oBoy was the F2. The potency, smell, vigor, structure . . . everything was better in the F2.
He said it in his post, amazing smells and a potency greater than either of the parents was found often.
For those of you who haven't read the threads. GTRFB had found a freak of a haze female in a run of Seedsman oHaze. It finished completely in 10 weeks with huge yeilds of fat bud when everything else from the run took 14, 16 weeks? Somone compared it to a plant that Verdant Green had found I think. Anyway, the guy crossed an assortment of males with it, grew them out and sent in a few packs to share.

The F2 was so good he did a BX trying to capture his original.
Odds are good for others to find something good there.
Seems to be the story of Haze from the beginning.
I have some F3's I guess you'd call it between the 2, not planning to run them any time soon as again, the offspring have clearly exceeded the best gust of their parents. ;-)
Listen bro, no secrets here. I'm tellin you the F2s are breeding fuel, and congratulations :) There's a great haze run just in that pack, no shit. The NL just seemed to pass on better structure, faster flowering, and added a smooth hashy base to the sharper incense taste.
I haven't hit the BX jar in months. Soon ;-)

Really enjoying this thread. Good luck man.

Hey Raho, I am probably the worst Person to ask on that subject, because my vocab doesnt have the flamboyance that people have today when describing flavours.....MM to me has always had that rich earthy Thai smell of old school and it seems to carry it through into most crosses, The Thai's I grew this year carried the same smell apart from the GN Thai as that has a bit more sweetness to it.
Kanga!
I love those words :woohoo:
In my mind, very little of value has been added to our experiential vocabulary in the last 10 years. When talking about old strains, old words carry the old meaning better than anything. Authenticity Hombre! :)

Kangativa said:
The MM is a awesome strain and when you take a toke on a joint you can draw it in nice and deep with plenty of smoke, like smoking chillums in the old days, it is rjch, powerful and lung expanding.

It and the Oax are the perfect outcrosses as they are both very old school genetics.

What I am working on now is a Sumatran/Oaxacan x MM cross...the tastes and smells from this one will have Big Herb salivating..lol

I love the way you described how the bud is both physically dense in flower and produces that dense rich smoke that just completely fills the lungs.

That dense rich bud combined with a more open flowering, sweet Oax shortens the flower cycle and changes the structure to something a lot more conducive to indoor growing.

The combining your selection of male(s) from that with a Sumatran.
Well, you will have to give us some details on that girl :)

The eMM is sweeter to me than the earthier mullum, and the sweeter Thai tastes always carry a hint of purple pepper sour grape kind of taste in the background. Do you know what I mean?

Anyway, gotta run. Pics of the Sumatran !
Check back in soon.

Last edited:

Raho

Veteran

I am merely a logistics expert who dabbles in life experiments.

Some I navigate seemlessly while others kick my ass.

Concerning the growing of cannabis I lean toward scientist: gentleman farmer. Still, my ability to plan and create secure logistics for guerrilla growing is the true essence of my spirit....adventure, nature, and the hippie lifestyle.
Probably not a fair question. Obviously you are much more than both of those things.
Your answer reminds me of this quote:
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love​

He left out "grow a garden." Probably a few others?