Everything x oBoy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear you PRJ :-)
    I saw that Yo Sammy was banned over there this week.
    I hate when the guard dog bites a guest.
    Yo Sammy has earned the respect of the community for years and has never said a bad word about, or been anything but a supporter of Shanti.

I miss the old days over there, but it makes me feel bad for people who think there is only room for one source of seeds in this business, or that everything that is out there originally came from Nev's and Shanti's work.

Back on topic.

Please forgive the gap between posts. I am like Slip Kid, I shoot hundreds of pics to find one good one.
    When you are doing a grow log and posting pics as you go, it is not so bad.
    Doing a retro-log like this one, you have to go back and scrub the winners again, it takes time.

Alright, those last pics were week 6 of a 12 week run.
    I was on a clock i couldn't change, regardless of how much more time the girls might need at the end.

Canopy at 36 days flower:

Before my males dumped, I had done some early pollination with some year-old pollen. NL5, Ortega and Blueberry NL.
    I had not stored it properly and I knew my odds were poor. Figured I had to try, and dusted the biggest buds I could reach with the old dust for the following crosses:
    • MMS5 x NL
    • MMS5 x Ort
    • 21eMM x BB-NL
    • MK x BB-NL

These were excellent males.

Now it's time for a series of pics taking us through flower.
    ECSD oBoy (oBoy dom)

Nev21 Early Mullum

Nev21 Ealy Mullum (hit with blueberry pollen)

ECSD oBoy (Sour dom)
    Raho
    Check out the Haze Hybrid action here:
    The Haze hybrid Thread
    My old oHaze grow:
    Everything x oBoy

This guy gets it:
    Originally posted by JohnnyChicago
    Seedsman is where SamS has tried to preserve everything.
    THH is what Tom Hill has decided to keep in his seeds, from Posi Haze that was mothered by haze19.
    Tom Hill Haze always got prefered to Seedsman (whichwas 4-5x less expensive.)
    Even though SamS was recommending Seedsman (and tfd).
    And your Seedsman ibl is bred for a high that is almost the opposite of the acid highs Tom Hill has bred for in his Haze.

Comment

Lets keep going with this, I'm on a roll :-)
      Think we are around day 82 here.

Mullum Madness Super 5

Biker Kush oBoy

C5 LN2

ECSD oBoy (oBoy dom)

Chem4 oBoy
      Raho
      The Haze hybrid Thread
      My old oHaze grow:
      Everything x oBoy

This guy gets it:
      THH is what Tom Hill has decided to keep in his seeds, from Posi Haze that was mothered by haze19.
      And your Seedsman ibl is bred for a high that is almost the opposite of the acid highs Tom Hill has bred for in his Haze.

Comment

More more more!

Chem4 oBoy

Chem4 oBoy (no flash)

C5 LaNina2

ECSD oBoy (Sour dom)

Snarled canopy
        Raho
        The Haze hybrid Thread
        My old oHaze grow:
        Everything x oBoy

This guy gets it:

Comment

I know it's overload, sorry :-)
          This is 87 days. Day before chop for all except the Mullum (1 extra day.)

ECSD oBoy (oBoy dom)

Nev21eMM and MMS5

Biker Kush oBoy

Nev21 Early Mullum Madness
          Last edited by Raho; 06-02-2013, 00:25. Reason: bigger pics
          Raho
          The Haze hybrid Thread
          My old oHaze grow:
          Everything x oBoy

This guy gets it:

Comment

yeah. it's quiet in here
            Raho
            The Haze hybrid Thread
            My old oHaze grow:
            Everything x oBoy

This guy gets it:

Comment

I really lke the structure of the mullum crosses raho,

yep pretty quiet , but im watching ...

Comment

Not much left but chop pics, dried pics and smoke reports.

Anything you want to see more of before all that?
                Raho
                The Haze hybrid Thread
                My old oHaze grow:
                Everything x oBoy

This guy gets it:

Comment

keep her rolling raho ,
                  im keen to see the dried product and hear how they performed in the pipe,
                  great pics so far ...

Comment

Thanks Wally.
                    I have been writing up smoke reports in personal messages to friends over the last few weeks so I can pull them together pretty quickly.

Interesting to see that big changes to the smell/smoke at 2 weeks in the jar and more change at 3 weeks.
                    Now it is stable.
                    Raho
                    The Haze hybrid Thread
                    My old oHaze grow:
                    Everything x oBoy

This guy gets it:

Comment

Hi Raho would you say the haze flavours and aromas dominate in your crosses?

It looks like all your crosses have inherited hazey resin with the fine blanket of small heads, even the chem, sour and kush crosses.

Are you getting any consistent aromas/flavours in the progency of the various mothers used?

Peace
                      Having an absolute mare

Comment

Hi Piff!
                        Good eye noticing the size of the gland heads. They actually fall between the mother and father in most cases. oBoy gland heads were smaller. The oBoy is a "wet" resin if you know what I mean, but there is variety among the hybrids on this trait. The hybrids are not "wet" resin like the haze. Somewhere in between. I associate small gland heads with sativa/haze and think it contributes to the "silver" look to some strains.

Slip Kid's cuts crossed with the oBoy really gave a great foundation. Balancing the strong sativa. All the crosses are unique but awesome.
                        The oBoy male consistently carried several traits with it into the crosses.

BigHerb would love these crosses (and the oBoy male in general) because it adds a sweet incense taste and smell to everything I crossed it with.
                        The sweet incense taste is there, but it does NOT overpower, and allows the mother plant taste to come through in the combination. I can clearly taste the mothers and feel distinct differences in effects between them.
                        It does not have the strong pine influence that some MNS hazes are dominated by (I think that comes from the heavy NL5 influence.) Not knocking them, just commenting on taste.

The common effects are:
                        Sweet incense smell and taste. GREAT tastes :-)
                        High potency
                        Trippy, psychedelic high, but uplifting, energetic, and goofy/happy

The high from these crosses is the closest thing I have found to my own personal "medicine."

I don't want to go much further, at the risk of making my smoke reports redundant ;-)
                        Raho
                        The Haze hybrid Thread
                        My old oHaze grow:
                        Everything x oBoy

This guy gets it:

Comment

Nice one mate you answered my question perfectly.

I know what you mean about haze adding a certain je ne sais quoi to the high of a heavy strain. It's almost like it makes the high more pleasant and happy.

It's nice to hear your male breeds true for the incense trait. Sounds like you have a gem there for sure. Is there any cat piss aroma or citrus or just pure spice?

Peace
                          Having an absolute mare

Comment

Originally posted by Piff Rhys Jones View Post
                            Nice one mate you answered my question perfectly.

I know what you mean about haze adding a certain je ne sais quoi to the high of a heavy strain. It's almost like it makes the high more pleasant and happy.

It's nice to hear your male breeds true for the incense trait. Sounds like you have a gem there for sure. Is there any cat piss aroma or citrus or just pure spice?

Peace
                            No catpiss PRJ. Sweet fuely incense is consisten through the crosses. The specific sweet tastes vary between crosses.

Sorry I have let this go idle. I need to take the dried bud pics before I post smoke reports.

I have a stash of old catpiss hybrid seeds from NorCal I need to run some time. My next run is likely to be all indicas and kushes, but I also need to do an F2 run from the beans Slip and I made now that the male has proven himself. There weren't that many of them and all the crosses were contenders for "best smoke I have ever had."
                            Raho
                            The Haze hybrid Thread
                            My old oHaze grow:
                            Everything x oBoy

This guy gets it:

Comment

I had a smoke of the Mullum Super 5 yesterday when I was closing up shop.I'd been smoking various diff buds over the day and this one was a ripper.Smells like my Nevilles but it makes me hungry but it could have been the end of the day etc.I sat down on the bed after 12 hrs in the shop, ate 21 granola bars and watched 3 episodes of Gunsmoke, then woke up at 2am like clockwork. I'll test it out again for my first smoke today in about 15 min.

Comment

Great job with those, Raho!!

I have to go back and drool harder, but I like the look of the sour dom cross & the dainty pistils on the mullim crosses.
                                I'm just a soul whose intentions are good.
                                Oh, Lord.
                                Please don't let me be misunderstood.

Comment

Working...
                                X