Last edited by Raho; 12-11-2017, 16:42.
    Raho
    Check out the Haze Hybrid action here:
    The Haze hybrid Thread
    My old oHaze grow:
    Everything x oBoy

Comment

Alright, here's the veg story.
      They were small, I thinned the herd. Up-potted them and waited for the roots to set.

Couldn't top them when it was time, and by the time I got to it I had to chop them in half and flip them.

In the mean time, the males had been selected:
      Biker Kush oBoy
      ECSD oBoy
      Chem4 oBoy
      21 EMM
      Mullum S5
      oBoy

Like the females, the male oBoy crosses all flipped predictably.
      The 21 Mullum was right there with them.

Mullum S5? about 8-10 days behind.

By this time it was obvious that the MMS5 had a giant jungle plant structure and had not been tamed for indoor 12/12 growing.
      The node gaps were much longer, everything was big, the branches obviously built to support heavy weight.

stupid 5 pic limit
      Raho
      The Haze hybrid Thread
      My old oHaze grow:
      Everything x oBoy

Comment

18 days into flower, working the canopy in a counter clockwise swirl.

Raho
        The Haze hybrid Thread
        My old oHaze grow:
        Everything x oBoy

Comment

Hello Raho,
          Just joined this joint to comment on yr lovely thread.

Nevil is the only one who could tell us more about the C5 cut we hold being either the 5HzC1 or the 5HzC122. IMO its the 122 because of the aromas found grown to full potential. She needs lots of air to get her right and she is very N sensitive. Grown right you get very fruity buds with hints of pine and glue. Grown wrong it will be like hay...Shanti probably selected a simular pheno out of an old seedbag he got from nev and called this one mango bc of the fruity aroma... But this is just my interpretation of things, not saying this is the case, just pure canna logic used here..... Either that or shanti enherated the original 5HzC122..... Dont know the facts just speculating and you all know how breeders like to keep things obscured, understandable knowing its their own business so whatever the case, the C5 cut is pure fire, nevil stated it was the best haze hybrid he made back in the day.....

Now to your grow Raho, thank you for sharing yr experience with us. Looking forward how the rest of yr grow will go. Looking great so far bro!
          Best to you,
          Sammy

Comment

Hey Sammy! Great to hear from you in the thread.

You are the authority on those old cuts as far as I am concerned.
            Wish I could have run more of those hybrids, but you know how it is working with limited space.

So now we are transitioning to flower.
            I flipped the males 7 days after the females.
            I did have some really beautiful males.
            This BKoBoy male (BK dom) saw some action later

This Chem4 oBoy male had amazing leaves. Note the aggressive double serration. Nice to see what the genes contain.

The Mullum S5 was the most sativa in appearance at this stage.
            Raho
            The Haze hybrid Thread
            My old oHaze grow:
            Everything x oBoy

Comment

very good work youre doin Raho looks like a good show ahead

Comment

Thanks Solid
                I don't want to spoil the ending, but when it's over, I get REALLY REALLY HIGH ;-)

So I had these males, and this was never supposed to be a selection run, but there were a few to pick from, and some very nice specimens in the lot.
                The Biker Kush male I chose seemed like it had the most mother influence. DARK wide kushy leaves, compact growth.
                The Chem4 cross showed a wicked bright green healthy appearance with the nastiest double serrated leaves I had ever seen.
                The ECSD cross male I chose was also a standout.

The MMS5 male seemed identical to the female, and definitely different from everything else. Started calling it Mullum Rex because of it's giant plant structure and nasty smells.
                The Nev21 eMM was darker and faster than the mullum, more like what I was used to from MNS crosses, but with a sweet thai smell to it.

Why all this talk about males?
                Well you remember that pic that showed the males after I chopped the mullum in half? There was a long branch from the mullum growing right through the canopy of the other plants.

Well, that mullum was way behind the other males in flipping, and by the time the other males looked like this, the mullum was nowhere close.

I discovered this while I had both rooms open at the same time, and an accidental bump of the mullum released a cloud of pollen from all the other males that instantly floated into the females.
                More on that later.
                Raho
                The Haze hybrid Thread
                My old oHaze grow:
                Everything x oBoy

Comment

In a scrog packed into a small space like mine, it becomes hard to see into the back half of the canopy. I wind up only really knowing what is going on in the front of my space. This makes environmental control really important to prevent bad surprises. Temps, humidity, air exchange along with moisture and nutes, all are dialed in for this space and customized for the strains.

So, here are a few pics from 44 days flowering from a few plants in the front that I have the best pics of:
                  ECSD oBoy - oBoy dom 44 days flower

Biker Kush oBoy - 44 days flower

45 days flower. Mullum S5 front, Masterkush oBoy behind
                  Raho
                  The Haze hybrid Thread
                  My old oHaze grow:
                  Everything x oBoy

Comment

Originally posted by Madjag View Post
                    Big welcome to my friend Madjag :-)
                    Raho
                    The Haze hybrid Thread
                    My old oHaze grow:
                    Everything x oBoy

Comment

nice thread... epic sounding crosses ... extremely knowledgeable haze heads ... i'm watching this one.

Comment

It is all looking awesome my friend.....
                        STAY YOUNG AND GROW EM BIG

Comment

What are you trying do up there Raho, pollinate the whole east coast!?! I know a few of those pollen grains slipped in my door, my Frisco cut is jammed with seed.It's been hanging for 20 days and every time I bump into it, seeds fall out.I have one big cold room by my a/c where all my plants dry whole.It has a dehum running 12 hrs a day but the a/c keeps it around 65 F.Nice for a long dry time but I'll tell ya' there's some healthy looking seed from the oBoy/Frisco and the Mullum/Super 5.Hopefully I can start culling this week.

Comment

Even though it was an accident when it happened, I was actually thinking of doing it on purpose a month before it happened :-)

Those Frisco BXs will be solid gold.
                            Fighting the urge to skip right to the smoke reports :-)

Originally posted by Slip Kid View Post
                            What are you trying do up there Raho, pollinate the whole east coast!?! I know a few of those pollen grains slipped in my door, my Frisco cut is jammed with seed.It's been hanging for 20 days and every time I bump into it, seeds fall out.I have one big cold room by my a/c where all my plants dry whole.It has a dehum running 12 hrs a day but the a/c keeps it around 65 F.Nice for a long dry time but I'll tell ya' there's some healthy looking seed from the oBoy/Frisco and the Mullum/Super 5.Hopefully I can start culling this week.
                            Raho
                            The Haze hybrid Thread
                            My old oHaze grow:
                            Everything x oBoy

Comment

Ride, ride that Mystery ship cptn.

Comment

Hi Raho,

Very interesting crosses you have there. Looking forward to seeing how you get on with them.

Good to see Sam over here too.

This thread reminds me of the good old days on mns forums.

Peace
                                Having an absolute mare

Comment

Working...
                                X