What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

sensi star (circa 2007) f2s

Carraxe : Thanks, I will post updates every couple of weeks if you want to follow the grow.

gloryoskie : They are grown in 70% potting mix 30% perlite with very weak liquid fertilizer, not 100% organic but close. ps. I like your signature quote about the cat sounds like a version of chaos theory...great stuff.

All 12 seem to be doing just fine, not bad after being in the cold for 5 years, got 100% germination. Not sure what the ratio of girls to boys will be...time will tell.

Does cold storage affect the ratio of girls to boy's :chin: ???

G

gloryoskie

Don't know about storage temps, but higher temps at germination seem to produce higher rate of boy plants.

My two cents.

HOVAH2.0

I read someplace around here that if you put a banana peel with the seeds in a plastic bag and seal for 3 days, you get a higher female ratio. Tried it with a pack of KaliMist and i began to panic after 7 females, i wanted to make f2.

Flicked the switch to 12/12 2 days ago and they have all shot up an inch, they should show sex within the next 10 days I hope.

Carraxe

Veteran
Flicked the switch to 12/12 2 days ago and they have all shot up an inch, they should show sex within the next 10 days I hope.

Good luck with them. It will be very interesting to check how the recessive features appear on the f2, because it is very possible you find very good plants between them. I don't think you do a continuous grow, in that case you could take cuts from all of them since one of them might be a keeper.

I've had bad experiences with some expensive bought seeds, the kind of finding low quality plants among them, so I've started to make my own as well as you did. If I have to select plants in seeds even when they cost about 5-10 euro each, I prefer to have many free homemade seeds, to select good plants from them. That's why I'm interested in your cross, I'm still learning.

Peace and Plants

Carraxe: I won't take cuts, but I plan on crossing the best with a tripholate 'bubblegum' that just popped up, don't know if the 'bubblegum' will be a boy or girl yet:chin: in my experience crossing the best of each run has been good.

Vhghost: It sure is a stable and very easy to grow strain:woohoo:

I just spread them out a bit to allow a bit more light in:

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
All 12 plants have shown their sex in the last 2 days.

7 Boys
5 Girls :woohoo:

The boys should be good for making cookies :pie:

You should really consider open pollination, and throwing some on the server fund. I would be all over these.

Come on bro. Do this!!!! lol

The 5 girls

The 5 girls

smoke1sun: Not sure what the server fund is or how it works, but I am always happy to share seeds. I will polinate the best girl I think.

Here are the 5 young girls :biggrin:

Breeding ... which male to use?

Breeding ... which male to use?

Hi guys, I might make some f3 seeds and I hope you may be able to give me a suggestion.

I will select the best of the 5 girls

However...:chin:

There are 7 males, 6 are very similar with a structure as shown in the picture below, however 1 of them has a very different structure with much tighter internodes and a lovely red colour on the stem.

Has anyone else found a strange sensi star male like this?

and

Should I use the red looking male for breeding the f3's?

Thanks in advance:tiphat:

G

gloryoskie

Only females for me, sadly. Is the smell of the odd one different from the others?

I have, for now, limited info on maleness and traits.

I'll look around for support one way or another.