What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old Bag Seed test grow

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Thanks TB, I really like the way she looks and I am sure that if I had not topped her right before it went into flower she would have stretched more. I have a clone that is doing well so hopefully it is awesome smoke and I will run it again.

bChiefing

beautiful looking maj, definitely interested in seeing your final product and ive gotta say Ive had my fair share of experiences with both the skunks you and festi are talkin bout! makes my mouth water just thinkin about either of those distinct odors/tastes :biggrin: keep it up bro always a pleasure to check out your threads. the platinum dog sounds killer, ive only heard the rumors! haha

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am sure it is probably more fond memories than anything, I have access to world of flavors and I am looking for the one that smells like something that is sprayed out of a wild animals ass.

Glad you are in this thread festivus because I finally got around to testing out the gibberellic acid I ordered from the place linked earlier in this thread. I tried out the 500ppm solution on two of those hard assed Platinum Dogs and they both popped open and were showing white within 24 hours. I put them in coco and I will start a thread for them once they hit flower.

I've wanted to try GA for a while now. A couple of years ago I was big into the coloidal silver thing, but it didn't work on the strains I wanted to fem. Do you think using it on seeds will effect their sex?

It now looks like most of our f1 ogk crosses have the same hard shell problem, some more, some less. Thinking it must come from the og kush side, or possibly the nutes (or lack of) they received. My plan was to inbreed each of them to see if subsequent generations would have softer shells.

But.... the platinum dogs all came up female!! No f'ing males!! And that really bums me out, because these girls are short, squat beasts with amazing trich coverage and they're just starting the 6th week of flowering!

I know they aren't s1s, so I guess it's just the luck of the draw. I do have more of the f1's but I'm thinking to retry the original cross, vs. inbreeding. Should have my hands on some more New York Power Diesel in a couple of weeks. Will def collect as much pollen as possible. That way I can make Sour Dog, 4 Way Diesel and the platinum ogk x nypd for Platinum Dog :)

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
GA3 should not effect the sex of the plant, it is just to help with popping tough shells. I may have left the Platinum Dogs in the GA3 a little longer than I should have because I forgot I had started them. GA3 can cause severe elongation if used on seeds that don't need it or the seed is left in it too long. If these go all crazy I will try it again with either a weaker solution, less time or both.

Last edited:

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
A few new pics.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Consider me along for the ride. :)
bag seed grows are always interesting.
The girls look happy you clearly are treating them right.

Those last pics are mouth watering. I can't wait to watch these mature.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Thanks ss, for bag seed it sure looks nice and hopefully it will smoke nicely too :D

I need to build a cab for cloning and popping seeds so I can dedicate my current veg area to larger plants and then I will be popping a few more bag seed using the GA3.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
We are at 7 weeks today. She is ahead of the others in her group and she is on a blumat so I am not sure what I am going to do about flushing her. I may just take her a couple extra weeks.

[YOUTUBEIF]063I3fw_Y2o[/YOUTUBEIF]

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The pics look like she's still going strong, maybe she'll go 10 weeks?

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Sorry for the lack of updates. My grow was infested with mites and I cut everything down. The OBS plant was the most infected and came down first. I was not sure what to do with it, I did not want to hang it in my garage to dry since it had mites on it. I took it outside and blasted the shit out of it with a garden hose and then I rough trimmed it and blasted it again. I then cut all the buds off into a gallon glass jar and filled it with distilled water. I finished water curing it today and it is on a tray drying. I am going to make QWISO with it for a foaf who has brain cancer. I do have a clone from this plant and I plan to run it again. I have a ton of regular seeds I am popping so I do not expect to be doing any bag seed for a while.

TB Gardens

Veteran
Ah too bad man, the bag seed adventure is put back on the shelf (literally keke)

I have to say I like ur approach of salvaging something from those buds. Man I'm lucky, been almost 2 years since I had anything other than a gnat in my basement.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Actually I am stupid and forgot that one of the plants that just went into flower was a clone of the OBS3 plant so I will hopefully get another chance to smoke some of it.