What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The DEFINITIVE OG Kush History

Desert Dan

Veteran
My cut of Loompa’s Headband is most definitely an OG variety and not “The Headband” most people associate with the name... Heavier, sleepier stone with a more lemon pine flavor when compared to SFV OG.

It seems as though there are as many headband and sour cuts as there are OG’s... The difference being you only want The Real Headband and The Real Sour where as many of the different OG cuts are worth keeping in their own right.

-DD :2cents:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think another big factor is mutation and environmental response. I have a keeper ive run since 2013. If i grow her in a new environment even with the exact same method for medium/irrigation and nutrition, she comes out different at every spot. Hell, even from one side of the room to the other i can see differences. I think sour(especially) and headband, respond to diff environments and show it. Perhaps the sour we are used to or remembering came from a particular grower or location that gave us a benchmark, then when one grows it out themselves it is strangely not as familiar as one had hoped.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here’s the Headband I ran
picture.php

Desert Dan

Veteran
Back to the OG...

Back to the OG...

picture.php

First run with Tahoe OG going into flush mode at 9 weeks... It’s a bit leafier compared to the Loompa and SFV I’m running next to it. Smells more gas than both of them though.

Trying to take all of them 11 weeks this run for that lid drop :needcoffee:

-DD

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
She was exceptional unfortunately I lost her two years ago to broad’s or russet mites shut down everything:blowbubbles:

If you want to retain genetics and still kill all the mites run a pylon fogger. If youre afraid of systemics, kill everything but your veg. Works every time. Havent seen a mite in years.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
In those times, it was defining to be or have the OG. People were going out their way to use the term, because it was hip. It means original. Two items both being the OG, doesn't make them related. It's a claim of originality. You could wear the T-shirt 'Im the OG' if you were hip enough. Ice-T realeased OG the original gangster in 91 and it was huge. It is no surprise that such cultural influence would see OG applied to cannabis naming conventions.

This is the Ice-T music video. It's direction is unwavering https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hIB-9LV3vY
OG was the thing to embrace, or go home.