What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The DEFINITIVE OG Kush History

JetLife175

Veteran
You are correct.
There are 2.
This info is from the guy that passed the OG to the east coast, he justed asked them not to call it OG.
So Walla, Headband.

And that True OG and Pure OG looking dankster!
Nice work Mighty

Okay. But I’m telling you I’ve grown both and they are different plants. Completely.

I think we may be confusing loompas headband with the “headband”. ...

Are we talking the headband from the same circle as JJ and AJ or the loompas which like you said supposedly came out of a New York grow?

mack 10

Veteran
The OG was passed to the sour crew but asked them to rename.
According to Mohave.
He did a podcast on Sour and dropped the Headband nugget mid story.
They did also mention the Sour X
Was 707 I think. As already mentioned.

Great thread. More OG pics please.

Cannavore

Veteran
This info is from the guy that passed the OG to the east coast, he justed asked them not to call it OG.
So Walla, Headband.

if that's the case then i'd say that's not the Headband I am looking for. the buds looked more like original diesel than og kush. didn't smell, smoke, or taste like og either.

that's probably the story of what became of LHB.... LHB was originally an OG from NY that Loompa renamed Headband and Underdog OG.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
And about that sour D ... is that what I was fortunately growing And heavily sought after in Central new York 2005 through 2008 ? that is the kind that I know , It was unmistakable once you smelled it, saw it, smoked it , and grew it was sour diesel that everybody knew ...:yummy:

i knew the crew that had that cut first when it came up. was from a trustfund kid who paid alot for it from staten island n that cut landed alittle north of cuse 04-05. ive tried the last 12 yrs trying to relocate it. last i heard anything on it was years back on dead lot at furthur show at spac. talks were the cut is alive and well in little falls. possibly ithica to but that might be elvis

JetLife175

Veteran
The OG was passed to the sour crew but asked them to rename.
According to Mohave.
He did a podcast on Sour and dropped the Headband nugget mid story.
They did also mention the Sour X
Was 707 I think. As already mentioned.

Great thread. More OG pics please.

Trips me out that you say that because I traded the OG to the east coast guys for the headband. Not sure why they would want to trade for the same thing?

JetLife175

Veteran
And to elaborate on my last post. Trade was made within the last let’s say 7-8 years? Those cuts were both well established by then.

I’m gonna try and get the headband back and figure it out.

TexanTerps

This is against policy here. Nobody can sell you anything.
oh no! I didn't think I asked that! I just asked if it would be avaliable for sale anywhere(I meant like a dispensary) im sorry for the wrong wording!
I would never try and buy off the forum like that.

TexanTerps

oh no! I didn't think I asked that! I just asked if it would be avaliable for sale anywhere(I meant like a dispensary) im sorry for the wrong wording!
and they replied, just a personal grow... when they said it was light dep i figured it might be going to market somewhere.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Youre all good dude just lettin ya know!

elanius

Veteran
PK is more on the lime side. PK is pretty potent but if you smoke just a little it gives the 60% ganja and 40% cocaine high.
Anyway both are really nice cuts.

Well said, PK has unique high, while usually pot makes your eyes heavy, I feel sometimes after smoking PK that my eyelids are opening up, it really has that coke effect, positive and energetic. Great stuff.

That TrueOG man...its strong as hell! Definitely a surprise for inexperienced smoker :D

PK
picture.php

Mightyka

Veteran
Well said, PK has unique high, while usually pot makes your eyes heavy, I feel sometimes after smoking PK that my eyelids are opening up, it really has that coke effect, positive and energetic. Great stuff.

That TrueOG man...its strong as hell! Definitely a surprise for inexperienced smoker :D

PK
View Image
PK is my favorite cut of all. I can't wait for the PK x 90s Haze high. I'll take some photos soon and will let you know.

50 PK bx beans planted, ethephon ordered and male hunt can start.

elanius

Veteran
and here is my holygrail for this year.. True OG x Newberry

View Image
same flower but another cola... smells like citrus saponate and taste like hard lime tea.. "hot" and hard citrus taste, testing bud from 55 days flowering, i harvest in 62 daays flowering..

Looking good! Just a correction, this is actually True OG x Sour Diesel Bx2. (I didnt make True Og x Newberry - just Face Off OG x Newberry)

Drewsif

Trips me out that you say that because I traded the OG to the east coast guys for the headband. Not sure why they would want to trade for the same thing?

The same guy says Sour diesel isn't sour,it gets its name from soured relationships not flavor. Everything becomes myth when certain types of people are involved. "Lemon Haze isn't lemon or haze, it was named after the dealers shitty car exhaust!"

It's defiantly not the same. The headband was distinct (and subpar) from anything OG or Sour. The headband name actually means something. If you couldn't see or taste the difference for some reason, you could feel it.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The same guy says Sour diesel isn't sour,it gets its name from soured relationships not flavor. Everything becomes myth when certain types of people are involved. "Lemon Haze isn't lemon or haze, it was named after the dealers shitty car exhaust!"

It's defiantly not the same. The headband was distinct (and subpar) from anything OG or Sour. The headband name actually means something. If you couldn't see or taste the difference for some reason, you could feel it.

When i first smoked headband in like 2006 or 2007 maybe, i was told it “makes you feel like youre wearing a headband”. Everyone loved that. Sold itself.

Latest posts

Latest posts