What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The DEFINITIVE OG Kush History

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The White came from Krome - you know this. Was from bagseed labled "Triangle" which was something different than "Triangle Kush".

It's a hash plant. Nothing like an OG. I'm not sure why anyone would call it that, other than they are confused by OgR WiFi thinking it's not a hybrid line but an OG line.

It's a great plant and one of my favorite for testing males against, but she is certainly not an OG.

dank.Frank

mexweed

Veteran
I thought it was allegedly a cut of triangle, I picked some up recently because it's the only time I've checked it out and it had a worthwhile nose, it's definitely muted, smooth earthy pine with some slight funk, but not nearly as pronounced or pungent as typically thought of with og, similar to the smell of triangle but if triangle is a 10 on pungency the white is like a 5 or 6

and there is something different in the flavor, it has the smooth earthy pine but then almost like a very sweet white sage or powdered sugar

everything sourced online says triangle kush pheno and they're both listed as 85/15 ind/sat, the buds I got were 31% which would be strange for a hashplant but nothing out of the ordinary for a chemdog strain, the first 30+ strain I tried was chemdog #4

I agree though there is something different about the white, like chunkier nugs, and the pics of plants I've seen don't seem as stretchy

Last edited:

Dankwolf

I thought it was allegedly a cut of triangle, I picked some up recently because it's the only time I've checked it out and it had a worthwhile nose, it's definitely muted, smooth earthy pine with some slight funk, but not nearly as pronounced or pungent as typically thought of with og, similar to the smell of triangle but if triangle is a 10 on pungency the white is like a 5 or 6

and there is something different in the flavor, it has the smooth earthy pine but then almost like a very sweet white sage or powdered sugar

everything sourced online says triangle kush pheno and they're both listed as 85/15 ind/sat, the buds I got were 31% which would be strange for a hashplant but nothing out of the ordinary for a chemdog strain, the first 30+ strain I tried was chemdog #4

I agree though there is something different about the white, like chunkier nugs, and the pics of plants I've seen don't seem as stretchy

Off in many ways . the white is no of for sure past that she has little smell and a frontal lobe high . she is is heavy Indy . no of for sure .

JetLife175

Veteran
When I was running the white it was almost impossible for me to bring the proper terpene profile out of it. My friend who gave it to me, his flowers came out with this amazing hashy, kinda lime and marshmallow profile. Was never able to bring that out in her and always came out bland. Definite breeding material though. I made to sure to pollinate her with all my males and also s1 her. I haven’t seen gods seeds in years. I may have to go looking in the archives lol.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I was never able to get the white quite right. Lots of pretty grade B. But never yummy grade A. I did make some crosses but have never any yet.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like the same problem everyone has with Sharon widow,,, widow Always has this issue

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The White when grown to perfection has a slight fruit punch note to her that boarders more on floral tones than citrus. Think a very muted / watered down Hawaiian Punch. The earthy aged dark hash flavor is the most pronounced. Some say she is bland and tasteless, but she just takes a great run to really make her nuances pop.

She's a breeder's tool, in my opinion. That is where she really shines. She passes her resin density to her offspring. If you have a male that passes a desired terpene profile, then her being "bland" is the BEST thing about her. If you have a plant you want to make more potent, she great for that as well. NOT because of her own potency, but rather, because of the increased resin production, you have a higher concentration of cannabinoids.

She got a bad rep by growers using her the wrong way - or thinking of her as an "OG" and then trashing her for not being one.

The White x Digi Bx1 (80's blueberry) -

picture.php

dank.Frank

Storm Shadow

Veteran
The White looks like it should destroy you but its got ZERO kick ..the Frost on the plant is Fools Gold ... You'll get more stoned off Hemp

Perhaps some of the conflict with the White being labeled an OG is due to people getting the White mixed up with Karmas White OG. Many people omitted the rest and just call it the White OG. And then there's more b.s. going around due to people pushing Karmas as the White.

mexweed

Veteran
marshmallow is a great way to describe that weird flavor nuance the white has, every time I have had it except this last time it was very disappointing, this last time it ripped hard though, I was used to smoking gg4 before work and the first day I had the white I was struggling

Wendull C.

Veteran
that doesnt sound good got one of them in veg

Prettiest pot I have had ever seen then, buddy did 30 per 4'x4' and flowered them as soon as they were planted. 2 liter bottles on popsicle sticks. Purple under white resin. Great fruity nose but damn it didn't get you high. Best yielding concentrate strain I personally ever ran, it just did not get you high. I wish I didn't kill it just for breeding material though.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
Prettiest pot I have had ever seen then, buddy did 30 per 4'x4' and flowered them as soon as they were planted. 2 liter bottles on popsicle sticks. Purple under white resin. Great fruity nose but damn it didn't get you high. Best yielding concentrate strain I personally ever ran, it just did not get you high. I wish I didn't kill it just for breeding material though.

some strains do it i had a c99 few back stuff looked like rocket fuel. was huge letdown on the stone

Dankwolf

Sence we are getting all in to wish I hadn't

Sence we are getting all in to wish I hadn't

I had a brick Mex seed I through in to flower about 15 years ago just to see what it looked like and well she was the fruity like I have never seen/ smelled to this day . problem was she flowered for 20+ week s and just keeped stacking like a 2 liter size cola on a 2 ft plant. Looking back I so should have keeped her . but culled her do to flowering time and lack of high . she was special at least to me .

mexweed

Veteran
tried some josh d recently, listed as sfvXtriangleXhells angel, smelled peppery, smelled like hells angel when ground up, tasted like 91 with a tinge of the blackberry carrying over from hells angel, every now and again peppery on the exhale, killer high heady at first with body coming on strong after a while

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hay guys,, anyone fancy talking about somaclonal variation or what I've heard being called phenotype placticity,,, seems like renaming a clone might be totally reasonable with such high levels of seemingly lasting variation from initial mothers