What are the earliest OGs???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does OG stand for?
    I thought the OG kush, was basically the Kush circulated as cuttings between a lot of OG members. Used to breed most of the others on that list. Many of which I have never heard of.

The guy that told me this is quite worthless, so it's no surprise to be wrong. I can't search for a two letter string though, so this hole in my knowledge has been niggling at me for ages

Comment

Originally posted by f-e View Post
      What does OG stand for?
      I thought the OG kush, was basically the Kush circulated as cuttings between a lot of OG members. Used to breed most of the others on that list. Many of which I have never heard of.

The guy that told me this is quite worthless, so it's no surprise to be Weingärtner. I can't search for a two letter string though, so this hole in my knowledge has been niggling at me for ages

There's a bunch of different stories floating around, but according to the most credible one, 'OG' was a tag that was applied to a specific cultivar that entered the Californian Cannabis scene in the mid 90s. This cultivar was called 'Kush'.

After it spread throughout the 'scene', people quickly realized you could charge enormous prices for this 'Kush' weed, because of it's outstanding quality and because it was pretty hard to get (well, and because of the hype that surounded it). It didn't take long until 'Kush' became a name that was slapped on pretty much everything because it sold so well. The 'OG' prefix was added by the people that brought it to the scene to indicate was the original Kush. Hence 'OG' simply means 'original'.

Just search for 'Josh D', 'Matt 'Bubba' Berger' or simply 'OG Kush' - you'll find tons of info

Comment

Get yourself some of BOG's gear the viney ones that pop up are OGK phenos, not watered down bluedreamOG bullshit real deal fresh OGK+his personal touch.. Might be strawberry or blueberry flavored instead of lemonpinesol, but its on the same level. only one i found in his pure SourBubble was a male so cant speak on the viney pure SB

Comment

Originally posted by therevverend View Post
          I thought the OGs were manufactured in a Monsanto/CIA/Phylos lab during the 2nd Gulf War. To flood the USA with evil trademarked genetically mutated Roundup ready bastardized couchlock opiate-like weed forcing the enslaved coffee addicted masses to cover California with Greenhouses to spread the strain like a plague world-wide. Replacing all other forms of cannabis enslaving the human race in addiction to high potency mark of the beast herouana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uL53dafh80
          Find UP's description of the Forum cut its fuckin hilatious

Comment

Originally posted by Mohadib View Post
            There's a bunch of different stories floating around, but according to the most credible one, 'OG' was a tag that was applied to a specific cultivar that entered the Californian Cannabis scene in the mid 90s. This cultivar was called 'Kush'.

After it spread throughout the 'scene', people quickly realized you could charge enormous prices for this 'Kush' weed, because of it's outstanding quality and because it was pretty hard to get (well, and because of the hype that surounded it). It didn't take long until 'Kush' became a name that was slapped on pretty much everything because it sold so well. The 'OG' prefix was added by the people that brought it to the scene to indicate was the original Kush. Hence 'OG' simply means 'original'.

Just search for 'Josh D', 'Matt 'Bubba' Berger' or simply 'OG Kush' - you'll find tons of info
            There's something to this. I worked with Bubba for a few weeks. I don't claim it's truth to the utmost but his story told to me essentially tells of an unfortunate/fortunate cross which by any measure was an accident in a basement.

And if you have a particular Tahoe, you're lucky. I didn't know the Nepalese connection until now but that plant is awesome. The one I'm working with is a suspected Swerve variation, which even if it's not the true Tahoe, is excellent. Perfect structure, huge buds.
            Tell the people you love that you love them.

Comment

Talk to Josh
              The salt shaker

Comment

Originally posted by bsgospel View Post
                There's something to this. I worked with Bubba for a few weeks. I don't claim it's truth to the utmost but his story told to me essentially tells of an unfortunate/fortunate cross which by any measure was an accident in a basement.

And if you have a particular Tahoe, you're lucky. I didn't know the Nepalese connection until now but that plant is awesome. The one I'm working with is a suspected Swerve variation, which even if it's not the true Tahoe, is excellent. Perfect structure, huge buds.

Could you elaborate on that?
                I kind of get what you're saying in the first paragraph, since Matt said something along that line during his interview in the Adam Dunn show. According to that interview, OG Kush came from a bunch of bagseed from weed he got from Miami in '91 ('Crippy', which is probably identical to Triangle Kush, according to Nspecta).
                But what's that about the "Nepalese connection"? As far as I know, the Tahoe is simply OG Kush that was renamed 'Tahoe' by Sverwe!?

Comment

Originally posted by Mohadib View Post
                  Could you elaborate on that?
                  I kind of get what you're saying in the first paragraph, since Matt said something along that line during his interview in the Adam Dunn show. According to that interview, OG Kush came from a bunch of bagseed from weed he got from Miami in '91 ('Crippy', which is probably identical to Triangle Kush, according to Nspecta).
                  But what's that about the "Nepalese connection"? As far as I know, the Tahoe is simply OG Kush that was renamed 'Tahoe' by Sverwe!?
                  The Nepalese connection is miniscule.

There was a clone in the grass valley ca area known as nepali kush or nepali Og depending on who you were talking to. This clone was said to have sold for 20k originally at some point and time. Bodhi obtained this cut along the way and produced the Goji OG with it.
                  My understanding with the Tahoe is that there are a actually two different sources to have the original Josh D/Matt cutting in that area one was a friend o Matt and Josh and the other was the friend of OGkushman known as Sloth or something along those lines. The tahoe was one of the first to be renamed.

What alot.of people don't understand is the OG name game. first was used to denote which grow or crew it came from or who worked the clone into something different. It lost that meaning along the way and the shit just rolled down hill from there into what it is now

Comment

Originally posted by CrushnYuba View Post
                    So I'm not sure what was really first.
                    The first "og" i ever saw was the grass valley Nepalese. It later got renamed to tahoe og when it traveled an hour east to tahoe. I believe this one was the first off you aren't counting chem 91.

Ghost og and sfv popped up around the time that the Nepalese became tahoe. All other OGs came after.

The nep has been a grass valley staple since the 90s. There are still guys running it hard, but new cuts are probably better.
                    Thats interesting. I don’t think the new ones are better, the contrary...true og and ha seemed more hybrid and poison most definitely but still unique. Those are some old new ones. What are the new og’s? I only smoke pre-instagram OG Kush jaha

I found sfv, Tahoe, and tk all to ripen outdoors at the same time. I think they are pretty durable outdoors just a little late for my climate. I think these still kick the ass of cookies. Will trade gelato for Tahoe please lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gaslit View Post
                      Get yourself some of BOG's gear the viney ones that pop up are OGK phenos, not watered down bluedreamOG bullshit real deal fresh OGK+his personal touch.. Might be strawberry or blueberry flavored instead of lemonpinesol, but its on the same level. only one i found in his pure SourBubble was a male so cant speak on the viney pure SB
                      LOL. Just no to everything about this.

The only reason Sour Bubble even remotely resemebles "OG" or "Kush" is because BOG used the Bubba Kush cut during the breeding processes. (Even though he says no, Phylos doesn't lie, and breeders make mistakes.)

Bubba was the original plant, supposedly a NL. It was being grown and got pollinated by the Kush due to poor environmental conditions. When Bubba was lost, Bubba Kush, which would essentially be NL x Kush, was born. Pretty sure that is what Berger says.

So, if there is any "OG" to be found in BOG's work, it's very muted by his backcrossing. Just stop spreading such non-sense.

dank.Frank
                      Bunch of fake ass neo-capitalists masquerading
                      as counter
                      culture cannabis enthusiasts with
                      their thinly veiled
                      self-justifications
                      catering to the morally
                      ambiguous
                      for the sake of the
                      ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Canna Caramels ---> click here Organic Soil ---> click here Current Grow --> click here

Comment

Originally posted by dank.frank View Post
                        LOL. Just no to everything about this.

The only reason Sour Bubble even remotely resemebles "OG" or "Kush" is because BOG used the Bubba Kush cut during the breeding processes. (Even though he says no, Phylos doesn't lie, and breeders make mistakes.)

Bubba was the original plant, supposedly a NL. It was being grown and got pollinated by the Kush due to poor environmental conditions. When Bubba was lost, Bubba Kush, which would essentially be NL x Kush, was born. Pretty sure that is what Berger says.

So, if there is any "OG" to be found in BOG's work, it's very muted by his backcrossing. Just stop spreading such non-sense.

dank.Frank

Didn't suge do a OG x nl aka leopard kush??? I've always wondered what happened to those beans....

Comment

I have so much shame there. Some of those seeds (or a later rendition of it) ended up with Esbe in the EU. He ran a few and found them kinda blah. They got passed to GDK who ran them and spent the time with them and held a cut called Nightrider. It was DANK. I had it in the stable for a bit, but lost it to broad mites, along with Happy Brother and OJD's SSSDH clone. Not sure those cuts ever made it state side again.

It had a lime/sour apple hash sort of taste to it. My albums of that cut are gone. This is from GDK's runs:

dank.Frank
                          Bunch of fake ass neo-capitalists masquerading
                          as counter
                          culture cannabis enthusiasts with
                          their thinly veiled
                          self-justifications
                          catering to the morally
                          ambiguous
                          for the sake of the
                          ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Canna Caramels ---> click here Organic Soil ---> click here Current Grow --> click here

Comment

Originally posted by JetLife175 View Post
                            Didn't suge do a OG x nl aka leopard kush??? I've always wondered what happened to those beans....

still have a pack of those "leopard kush" in the freezer
                            they have been there 13-14 years now along with a bunch of other stuff from c-bay

fwiw

Comment

I thought bodhi said his Nepalese was the same as the tahoe. I could be mistaken.
                              Grass valley a stone's throw away from North tahoe so out would make sense. All i know is the nep was the first og i ever personally saw. Been around since before weed internet. They weren't calling it og in the 90s though.
                              Today there are 2 different nep cuts in gv. I'm not sure if they are different but some say they are. I always thought it was the same as tahoe but i Will have to do a side by side one day to be sure.

I heard so many lame og stories over the years but one of the original stories was chem 91 went to putz in GV and it got crossed to something in 93 and became og.

The ghost, sfv, tahoe and lary were the first popular ogs. The nep is only significant too me because i am in gv. It was around before i heard of og.

Id like to run larry again.

Comment

There is a whole thread documenting nearly every og cut and cross... the thread hasn’t been active for a few years but for sure lots of good info on early og genetics

Comment

Working...
                                X