What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vietnamese Landrace Sativas?

Baphomet

Just read a great article on a Vietnamese landrace strain, Dalat in HT Master Growers Guide 2007.
What are the chances of finding seeds of this beauty or any other Asian landrace Sativas?
Cheers.

G

di wee dalat is a new member at icmag, maybe he can give some info.

There are a few pure se asian sats available, Green Hornet Seeds sell Vietnamese, Thai and Sri Lankan.

Destroyer by Cannabiogen isn't a pure Thai, but is a very very good expression of the Meao Thai nonetheless.

Thai-tanic by TFD is Thai x Skunk and supposed to be very good. KC brains do a Thai hybrid called TNR that has a load of phenos but some are very Thai leaning. Kulu Seeds sells a Thai but it's a hybrid, although I found a couple of keepers, very fruity. Nirvana have just released a Thai line.

G

The Dalat sounds like a hell of an adventure to grow, probably more of an adventure to smoke! Yeah, I've always kept my eye open for some Dalat, the flowering time would kill me though..what is it 26 weeks I think...but everything I've ever red would suggest the buzz is close to godly as weed goes.Let us know if you ever run into some.

HuffAndPuff

di wee, you're alive bro?! Stoked to hear it! I remember reading your original article in HT, "Heart of Dankness" was the title, I think. Excellent stuff man, everything about that story was cool. I remember dreaming about growing those fickle beauties, and then the logistics and problems would creep in, and it was a nightmare before I knew it. Glad someone has the patience/ability/testicular fortitude to save and grow those out. Hope to see you around, glad to know you're here.

Stay Safe,
HuffAndPuff

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
i went to dalat a few years ago. it is the most comfortable place in vietnam as far as temps go. everywhere else is a scorcher. i would love to get my hands on some vietnamese landraces to reflect my culture here in the states and let people know what super sativas are all about! luckily i speak vietnamese because it is easier to negotiate with farmers who have refined the strains. oh and please let us know if you get a hold of some of those beauties.

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there are some seeds from laos up ...should be a real landrace reading the discription.....but then again those are't vietnamese...it is the same region though....luang prabang laos seeds up at Sbay..

Baphomet

Core said:
there are some seeds from laos up ...should be a real landrace reading the discription.....but then again those are't vietnamese...it is the same region though....luang prabang laos seeds up at Sbay..
Thanks, but I've had my eye on those babies for a while now...

ndnguy

How do you find Green Hornet Seeds?? Thank you...ndn Looking for some Nah Trang beans,suppose to be heri free. :headbange :wave:

Last edited:
On seedbay, gypsy you can find the strain that core said you, and the other day have a Strian callef Sativa Foxtail, it´s in the limit of Camodian and Laos.

Cheers.

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
i still have about 20 dalat seeds from the man himself...when i grow some more of them out with some success hopefully i'll make some seeds and get them out there....ive got someone on hand to give me some good info on growing them without hermi's hopefully....wont guarantee much sucess with the amout of seed i have and how easy they are to stress...i remeber mr dalat found the next seed generation to have less probs with herms....see how i go thou.HH. =]-~

Baphomet

happyherb said:
i still have about 20 dalat seeds from the man himself...when i grow some more of them out with some success hopefully i'll make some seeds and get them out there....ive got someone on hand to give me some good info on growing them without hermi's hopefully....wont guarantee much sucess with the amout of seed i have and how easy they are to stress...i remeber mr dalat found the next seed generation to have less probs with herms....see how i go thou.HH. =]-~

Good score & good luck!
Please keep the thread informed on your progress with these beauties.
Whereabouts geographically will you be trying?
Cheers.

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
baphomet-yes was a good score and feel/felt very lucky to be given them!..i live in australia...i dont have outdoor grow spot for them anymore so when i grow them they'll be indoors ....ive had the seeds for awhile now so not in a real hurry for this project(thou im sure more ppl are ready for the offspring) got a pretty full grow room for awhile and i want to move in a few months time .....i will get there just not soon.

i will make a thread when i start them off...and hope for the best...and i'll follow some instructions from my online aussie mate who when grew them didnt get a single hermi.HH. =]-~

Baphomet

happyherb said:
baphomet-yes was a good score and feel/felt very lucky to be given them!..i live in australia...i dont have outdoor grow spot for them anymore so when i grow them they'll be indoors ....ive had the seeds for awhile now so not in a real hurry for this project(thou im sure more ppl are ready for the offspring) got a pretty full grow room for awhile and i want to move in a few months time .....i will get there just not soon.

i will make a thread when i start them off...and hope for the best...and i'll follow some instructions from my online aussie mate who when grew them didnt get a single hermi.HH. =]-~

G'day fellow Aussie.
Qld as well?