What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Afghanistan 1970s vid

GoatCheese

Veteran
What i found interesting on this video is the tiny plants, like the first lowryder autos that appeared on the market, they are pulling off the hill side starting at 10:40

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
What i found interesting on this video is the tiny plants, like the first lowryder autos that appeared on the market, they are pulling off the hill side starting at 10:40

Indeed. I read somewhere that after prohibition their dwarf strains mixed with the giant indica genepool. I don't know if the latter originated in Xinjian as suggested or if both types were present before.

Strains like Afghaan90 might be representative of this variety.

DenverJim

Limited irrigation

Limited irrigation

The small plants are volunteers. They just get watered with spring rains like in Morocco. The soil is shitty and back then they didn’t waste water growing Weed. Those little plants were the ones they used after western demand increased demand back then few knew in the West knew quality from garbage.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I can't pull up video.

Have a question on Afghani Quli Khish Valley strain gifted by student who moved from Kabul to USA 5 years ago, his family's strain.

Have a customer that wanted that Afghani and grew at 24/0 light in 1 gallon pots I think wanting to transplant outdoors.

He told me all acted as an autoflower with that regimen and container size.

We've grown them @ 12/12 lighting seedling to harvest and took 3.50 months to finish and grew outdoors summer before last finishing in 5 and 7 gallon in early September. No auto traits, although grew medium sized/bushy in both cases for us.

Can anyone shed light on why they might have autoflowered (his words, not mine).....I'm thinking it was because of 24/0 and smaller container??

What's your opinion/wisdom?

therevverend

Veteran
Anyone else notice the Peruvian part at the end with the Incans chewing coca leaves? My mom used to have one of those hats..

GoatCheese

Veteran
I can't pull up video.

Have a question on Afghani Quli Khish Valley strain gifted by student who moved from Kabul to USA 5 years ago, his family's strain.

Have a customer that wanted that Afghani and grew at 24/0 light in 1 gallon pots I think wanting to transplant outdoors.

He told me all acted as an autoflower with that regimen and container size.

We've grown them @ 12/12 lighting seedling to harvest and took 3.50 months to finish and grew outdoors summer before last finishing in 5 and 7 gallon in early September. No auto traits, although grew medium sized/bushy in both cases for us.

Can anyone shed light on why they might have autoflowered (his words, not mine).....I'm thinking it was because of 24/0 and smaller container??

What's your opinion/wisdom?
Some Nepali, Lebanese and Moroccan plants have autoflowering traits, thou they don’t start blooming like proper autos. I had a more compact high land Nep from Baglung that started blooming in 18/6 veg light cycle but she was the only plant out of 4 females that behaved that way.
..so there are genetics in Central Asia/Mid East that are semi-autoflowering

Some normal- photoperiod plants start to shoot out pistils when they have been held root bound in small pots for too long but they won’t start budding like autoflowers do, just start shooting out pistils more than other plants and even develop whispy “buds”
..i made few seeds with my UK Cheese/Deep Chunk keeper in my veg cab and these seeds grow out just like normal

picture.php