No announcement yet.

Preserving St. Vincent genetics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice job documenting your run. Disappointing but not unexpected. It's obviously a hybrid line, probably not anything extremely rare. Fairly typical of modern Caribbean hybrids but grown properly it would be potent with pleasant effects. Lemony and skunky type strains are great, it's something I gravitate towards as a breeder. Certainly worth trying again if you can deal with the intersex problems.

Comment

i think its rather an old line. With alot of fire. As much fire to not think of Hybridisation really. hahah
      OF COURSE just think, not claim

How you can know it was Hybredized by look?

Comment

Originally posted by romanoweed View Post
        i think its rather an old line. With alot of fire. As much fire to not think of Hybridisation really. hahah
        OF COURSE just think, not claim

How you can know it was Hybredized by look?

I don't think so, it's pretty obvious just by checking the leaves wideness that it's was polluted by modern genetics.

By the way maybe get also your eyes checked if one day you plan to "preserve" some NLD lines, as the view is one of the greatest tool to first make a judgement on the authenticity of any cultivar, old or new.

The "Vincy" should have a look much closer to other Caribbeans lines like the Jamaican Lambsbread documented here, i.e really thin leaves. Otherwise try to find those old South Indians pictured last century to get an accurate idea...

Comment

@therevverend:
          Thanks for your kind words. Exactly as you say, a bit disappointing but not unexpected. I might share when I restart this project again, probably under a different name and sub-forum though.....

@romano:
          thanks for tagging a long, I also feel the fire in it - be it a hybrid or not! ;-)

@3rd-3yed:
          I will be more careful with semantics next time, apparently the word "landrace" and "preserving" triggers some people here quite strongly.

I never claimed this being some kind of academical approach to a definite pure landrace, I simply told my story, how I got the seeds and what I am trying to do with it.
          Might it be valuable to the real landrace hunters? Apparently not, but that's okay, I am growing for myself, and for for the joy and positivity that these plants give me.

Next time I will call this thread better: Playing around with some seeds from St. Vincent, and put it in a different sub-forum. Here in this one every word seems to be taken very seriously from some users (that have probably not read the starting post).

Anyways fellas, happy Sunday and happy growing!

Comment

i judge: it is like an old Line, and how would be your trippyness Rating?

Is it like oldschool uplifting tripweed?

Or is it there more like a hybrid "confusion" in the Flash as i love to call it. Does it feel like has a great "directivity" of a Landrace? This one Thing gooing on four the whole Time? Like a Landrace would doo?

In my oppinion Wide Leaves are a very uncompleete way to judge a Flash of a Plant.
            I use something more, and it tells me this Line is way better than JamaicanBluemountain Cannabiogen with its roundabout "thinner" Leaves.

Have you prooven thin leaves is only way to judge Authenticity trough a smoke Test? I dont wanna claim it, but i say this one has fire. And is way more interesting than any 2010 JamaicanBluemountain.

Cause it appers oldschool .

Comment

Hey, and i may do things i doo seriously, but i dont wanna tell you what to doo. Do what you want with it.

I just blablaed what i had to blabala, and it is, that: A: this Line has old vibe: B: youre loosing that Thing that defines it, that nearly spiritual experience so easily by selecting even a slight bit thowards the fat leaves. What you gain in therms of Floweringtime/is equal to what you loose kind of. One Week less means one Facette of Bliss less.. Possibly same with hermies. If youre line shows so many Hermies, the heightened attractivity of growing pure bud compared to Hermie bud is equal to how you downgraded vigor by heavy selection.
              I mean this is overally said, for all Peoples Taste. You may have high priority that its seedless Bud, so the Compromiss might be beneficial for you to make.

But i think you might miss that something(vigor) (uplifting effect) the day you reached your goal partly.. Even you like the Result better (overally said). But it does not go undetected pretty often. And you may miss that little Detail, that slight upbreeze, that something. Even you you find it overall more cool result.

Also you cant really go back once you breed thowards it (i mean you can reintroduce unselected open poll.). So, if you want the same feel again, you cant select thowards one single direction. You might not be able to hold vigor upright when deherming UNLESS youre absolute professional Breeder, I mean like Godbreeder.

I see the Vigor im convinced. Look at how straight the Leaves are, no fuzzy , no Wavy shapes, no pale green color, but a deep Fresh Apple Green , like it would be illustrated in a Advertisement. Kitchy.
              Thats what you might loose .. And my Tips are Way to not loose it, and its FULLY your thing, do whatever you like, your plant your Taste. Just know, you cant go back.

And know what to watch for: Spiritual side /uphigh . Vigorous Look.

Comment

Hey Romano!

i judge: it is like an old Line, and how would be your trippyness Rating?

Is it like oldschool uplifting tripweed?

Or is it there more like a hybrid "confusion" in the Flash as i love to call it. Does it feel like has a great "directivity" of a Landrace? This one Thing gooing on four the whole Time? Like a Landrace would doo?

In my oppinion Wide Leaves are a very uncompleete way to judge a Flash of a Plant.
                I use something more, and it tells me this Line is way better than JamaicanBluemountain Cannabiogen with its roundabout "thinner" Leaves.

Have you prooven thin leaves is only way to judge Authenticity trough a smoke Test? I dont wanna claim it, but i say this one has fire. And is way more interesting than any 2010 JamaicanBluemountain.

Cause it appers oldschool .
                Smoking it was quite a while ago, but it was very different to everything that I have smoked so far, as I describe in my intitial post in this thread.
                It was highly psychactive and stimulating, and did not let me sleep. Still even though almost overwhelmingly strong (prone to paranoia), it was clear somehow and not confusing / debilitating. Therefore I have my difficulties rating it in terms of trippyness - psychedelic definitely yes, trippy, as so clear and functional, probably not. But I guess that depends on definition and personal perception.

My only experience with landraces was Thai-stick, which I tried in Amsterdam around 12 years ago. That was definitely very trippy, but also much more dense in effect and much less clear. It was like a movie, my friends and me stumbling across the city not really getting anything. After come down we also barely remembered what happened in the previous hours. The Caribbean was definitely very different, much much clearer.

Hey, and i may do things i doo seriously, but i dont wanna tell you what to doo. Do what you want with it.

I just blablaed what i had to blabala, and it is, that: A: this Line has old vibe: B: youre loosing that Thing that defines it, that nearly spiritual experience so easily by selecting even a slight bit thowards the fat leaves. What you gain in therms of Floweringtime/is equal to what you loose kind of. One Week less means one Facette of Bliss less.. Possibly same with hermies. If youre line shows so many Hermies, the heightened attractivity of growing pure bud compared to Hermie bud is equal to how you downgraded vigor by heavy selection.
                I mean this is overally said, for all Peoples Taste. You may have high priority that its seedless Bud, so the Compromiss might be beneficial for you to make.

But i think you might miss that something(vigor) (uplifting effect) the day you reached your goal partly.. Even you like the Result better (overally said). But it does not go undetected pretty often. And you may miss that little Detail, that slight upbreeze, that something. Even you you find it overall more cool result.

Also you cant really go back once you breed thowards it (i mean you can reintroduce unselected open poll.). So, if you want the same feel again, you cant select thowards one single direction. You might not be able to hold vigor upright when deherming UNLESS youre absolute professional Breeder, I mean like Godbreeder.

I see the Vigor im convinced. Look at how straight the Leaves are, no fuzzy , no Wavy shapes, no pale green color, but a deep Fresh Apple Green , like it would be illustrated in a Advertisement. Kitchy.
                Thats what you might loose .. And my Tips are Way to not loose it, and its FULLY your thing, do whatever you like, your plant your Taste. Just know, you cant go back.

And know what to watch for: Spiritual side /uphigh . Vigorous Look.
                I was not planning to select towards flowering time or a specific leaf type. I just wanted to recreate the Caribbean vibes from back then. Given my personal growing limitations I simply cannot work with hermies, at it would harm all my other projects - which FOR ME is not worth it.

I will definitely get back to this line, and will, as we have already discussed, do so by introducing some male central/south american Sativa. First I need to gain some experience on these type of plants to decide which one comes close and might be a good fit.

About this line, and your points of not going for the WLD plants: Interestingly the wide leaf ones, that initially were rather squat, displayed the highest stretch and biggest internodal gaps from week 3 onwards. They were almost all among the tallest plants now, when culling them.

Also, who says that the weed that I smoked in the Caribbean was a NLD plant? It was dry bud, I definitely couldn't say from what type of plant this bud came from

When I restart I will give ALL plant types a chance, except the very hermie ones, for the just mentioned reasons ;-)

Cheers
                Felice

Comment

I didnt say it was caribean . Atleast was never the Point. My point was that it is looks like an old Line from the 80s (very vaguely said, just its pretty oldschhool)

And that it looks like it has an old Vibe , meanin its not confusing, and with a directivity that only a propper Landrace can have.

I also believe you the leaves are thick when starting/ and thin when finishing.
                  I seen this a lot.

At first the Leaves are so fat and one starts to doubt: did i mixup Seeds.. later they get thinner thowards the end of Flowering, and while its about Harvest Day, the Leaves from botton to top seem like to shrink even more, so at Harvest Day, it looks like fullon Thinleaved.. hahah

Comment

Originally posted by Felice View Post

Smoking it was quite a while ago, but it was very different to everything that I have smoked so far, as I describe in my intitial post in this thread.
                    It was highly psychactive and stimulating, and did not let me sleep. Still even though almost overwhelmingly strong (prone to paranoia), it was clear somehow and not confusing / debilitating. Therefore I have my difficulties rating it in terms of trippyness - psychedelic definitely yes, trippy, as so clear and functional, probably not. But I guess that depends on definition and personal perception.

Cheers
                    Felice
                    great description and great thread. you have some jewel. sounds to me like old school trippy weed! I like hash from hahsplants, but for weed I would grab this enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tou8-Cz8is

If all things were turned to smoke, the nostrils would distinguish them.

Comment

Working...
                    X