What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Eastern Manipur-Burma Border Domesticated Landrace

zaprjaques

Well theres surely different chemotypes or chemovars or whatever.

ILEs Manipuri being near Burma border and TRSCs Manipuri beeing from a more central area of Manipur.

Tried it today as it was dry enough to smoke and one hit at a time for a couple of times over the entire day has had a very pleasurable effect for me.
Ive been explicitly hoping for a daytime/work companion and its matching.
If i smoke too much i get very talkactive and silly hehe.

Smells of mango, just like the first plant of the cross of Manipuri and Lebanese that i recently harvested.
The Manipuri x Lebanese is a little bit softer in effect though, i think the possible CBD content might act like a levelling tool, adding a sort of ceiling to it. Smoking more will not get you higher, but it will make it last longer.
As far as i could observe of course.

herblux

Final Thoughts
Now that the plant Is dried and cured, and I have smoked enough of it; I would like to share my blunt opinion.
-In terms of yield, this particular pheno was full sleeve-kolas, a very high yielding plant. I see alot of potential for breeding for that trait.
-The smell was very nice all through the grow.
I was expecting that smell to stay in the bud after dry and cure. I took as long as I could with drying.
The smell went from ginger beer to eucalyptus. That's two different flavour's and one conflicting opinion. Lol
-The taste is woody and faint eucalyptus/mint. I like to roll up big joints with 1 1/4 hemp zigzags to attain as much flavour as possible. The shake leaf has a flavour, branchy stems are woody, and the calyxes and hairs are the source of the eucalyptus/mint taste.
-The Bag Appeal scores a solid ZERO! Lol. However, knowing this to be the case; one could COB cure or tigh-Stick for the presentation of flower. Totally worthy of being bricked.
-The high is a THCA buzz, so great for day time. It doesn't do mind-lock but rather is uplifting. I smoke a few big fatty's during the day; and I stop and evaluate the buzz scientifically, and ask my self ..." Am I high?" And the answer is "yes I am lifted."
It's not a sedative I find. It doesn't sag my eyes.
And I find after smoking THCA all day then smoking something with CBD in it, completes a sort of entourage effect and hits harder heavily.

My trim bin has been handy catching crystal for sprinkling into joints, which tastes the best by far.
I rolled 1/3rd of the crop into sticks for storage and burned the rest slowly in fat joints. I find this weed is acceptable to mix into joints with other weed, beefs up joints and adds to the entourage effect of the buzz.

Cactus Wes Thank you very much for the grow report and nice work man!
I'd just "like" but somehow I can't do it anymore since the forum was updated? Anyhow great report and this seems to be a plant very well worth growing for the NLD enthusiast!

Sunshineinabag

WEEK 5 -
At last, the formation of bud sites.
Not sure what to say at this stage.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

12 WEEKS TO GO!

Would ya look at that stem...candy canes

:kissass:

RingtailCanyon

I am almost reluctant to smoke the little I have of the Manipur. I will soldier on though. hehe It is not a smoke to relax with at all. The Kullu Valley is kicking my ass now. It is speedy but not at the level of the Manipur. 3 small hits of the Kullu and I was having flashbacks to the best Mexican during the 70's. Same kind of high when I rarely got some really kickass smoke, never bought any just a shared joint every time. Tolerance might have played a role too. I would take 3 or more lungbuster hits of the Mexican though. Not 3 small hits.

Hi yesum I always appreciate your reviews. If I was to buy 1 super sativa from real seed company, would Manipuri be a good choice? I was thinking of getting the Afropips Malawi as a second choice

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ I feel you would do well with the Manipur and not feel badly about the purchase and time spent to grow it. No idea on the Malawi, I do have a Hartigear Malawi growing as I have heard such good things on this strain, which might well be a Afropips line that was not credited as such. Angus said the Highland Lao 2 and Laos Gold reminded him of Thai stick, so I got those and have a seed of each germinating. Hard to say of course as brains vary.

The Manipur I smoked is ILE version, I am guessing the RSC version is similar or the same.

Last edited:

RingtailCanyon

What’s the story on the real seed company’s Manipuri? Are there different collections? I think I read something about grandma’s?

zaprjaques

What’s the story on the real seed company’s Manipuri? Are there different collections? I think I read something about grandma’s?

This is info from the RSC Facebook page

The Manipuri freebie seeds are from the most renowned centre of the valley for ganja, in the east. The Manipuri seeds listed for purchase are from some Meitei grandmothers who I found growing notably strong ganja in the west of the valley, who provided me a bag of what they said was 'first-class' seed.

RingtailCanyon

Thanks zapr’ I ordered the Manipuri and Laos gold . It said on the website that Manipuri came with an extra pack. Hopefully it’s a bonus pack and the seeds have good germination.

Rurumo

Just curious if anyone has run these Eastern Manipur-Burma seeds from Fullpower Selections/ILE recently? They also have a second strain from Moirang, Manipur as well, but I can't find any info on it.

NOREGRETZ

Odio quitar la cáscara, recientemente noté que plantar la semilla en la tierra ayuda a que la cáscara se desprenda con más frecuencia. He renunciado al método de la toalla de papel solo por esa razón.
also have germination problems with the local varieties, but I prefer to use hydrogen peroxide and scarify the seeds. I did this with the khash variety of babaa qo, and I was able to pollinate the plants that I managed to grow

Marcus67

These two are Manipuri from RSC.
The smaller is one that got planted later (was in a two gallon pot for longer).
The tall one is over 6' tall from soil to top.

View attachment 17918304
View attachment 17918305
That tall one looks like the old bengali sativas (now Bangladesh) that spread all over the world 100 years ago to places like Jamaica etc. I hope those genetics can be isolated and preserved for their unique effects! Awesome grow :)

Marcus67

@Marcus67 I haven't grown the Manipuri again since the last time, but gorgeous plants and very nice smoke. They are special plants, indeed. Here's some pics toward harvest
Late December, 2021
View attachment 18900974
View attachment 18900975
View attachment 18900976
Early January, 2022
View attachment 18900980
View attachment 18900981
View attachment 18900982
View attachment 18900983
View attachment 18900984
Peace
Wow that's incredible! Lots of resin on those. How does the effect hold up compared to other strains you've experienced after these few years?

Latest posts

Latest posts