What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Eastern Manipur-Burma Border Domesticated Landrace

Cactus Wes

I was examining the lower sucker branches yesterday and realized; this cultivar ripens from the bottom up.
After a quick thread search I can confirm; depending on latitude, a cannabis plant, particularly a long flowering sativa, may ripen the lower branches first.
So I picked the very bottom suckers just to sample.
She has only been flushing for a week, so the leaves are still pretty green. The calyxes are a nice light lime colour. Another week maybe two of flushing and I imagine she'll be in her prime.
The smell is very nice. Not offensive at all. The buds them selves are a smell of grass and ginger beer and eucalyptus.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210515_205825.jpg Views:	459 Size:	91.8 KB ID:	17858493
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210516_062816.jpg Views:	461 Size:	102.3 KB ID:	17858494
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210515_205825.jpg Views:	459 Size:	91.8 KB ID:	17858493

💯

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Never heard of the lowers ripening first. These buds look a lot more developed than the ones a week ago. Those look to be ready to smoke.:jump:

zaprjaques

Ive had the feeling that maybe from hormonal levels the lower flowers wont go into crazy reflowering mode and constantly put out new stigmas and therefore finish the flowering cycle earlier.

bleepboop

Also observed with Ukhrul that the tips would keep producing pistels for a long time - under 10hrs light. The lowers finished earlier, possibly also due to less light.
attached pictures of apex points and lowers - both at 18wks flower.

In bud structure yours seems much more like the TRSC Manipuri than Ukhrul Cactus Wes

Attachments

• photo2012066.jpg
    photo2012066.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 63
  • photo2012070.jpg
    photo2012070.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 61

Hempy McNoodle

I scored 24 Manipuri beans from TRSC. Pretty excited about them! They came with some extra 'Bokeo' beans. I was wondering how the germination rate has been on the Manipuri from TRSC. Does anyone have any experiences or knowledge on that? I noticed the bottoms look dark and I find that usually means that they wont sprout or are dead. But, hopefully I am wrong about that...

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Mine were crap. I got one to pop and it was stunted and I gave up. I think I have a few left but not hopeful.

zaprjaques

I scored 24 Manipuri beans from TRSC. Pretty excited about them! They came with some extra 'Bokeo' beans. I was wondering how the germination rate has been on the Manipuri from TRSC. Does anyone have any experiences or knowledge on that? I noticed the bottoms look dark and I find that usually means that they wont sprout or are dead. But, hopefully I am wrong about that...

I had 100% germination rate.
​Had them in a glass of water till they sank.
Then papertowel till cracking of the shell, then soil. They took their time though, needed like 3 days till coming up.

RingtailCanyon

Todays pot is good looking, tasty and initially strong in effect, but lacking depth of feeling and duration of high. I am being simplistic and somewhat biased but that is the truth as I see it.

yesum I agree with you there. I’ve noticed through the years you’ve grown most of the available sativas out there. What’s your favorite so far? Have you been keeping any and breeding?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ I have made f2's of what I could but no breeding to speak of. Many crosses of things but have not run them. Chellakutti is the standout these days. It held up after smoking it quite a few times, that being psychedelic in effect. I have had many one hit wonders. Or several times wonders. Most fade out after a certain number of smokes. Almost all require tolerance to be low to get the effect I want.

Panama Red and Michoacan from Snow, Highland Guerrero x Blueberry from Chimera are some that will be with me forever. The Panama Red from Dr. Greethumb is similar to Snow's. These are trippy lines but tolerance is key. I recall smoking the HG x BB several times over the course of days and more than once a day. It lost the trip. It became almost annoying in effect at times.

My own Manipur are coming along as I flipped the lights and the sex of the plants is becoming clear with the males showing first. The ideal line would not fade out in effect ( well fade out a lot) if smoked daily or become annoying in effect. Chellakutti might be that line. I am growing the Kullu Valley with it and will mix the two in joints to smoke when I harvest. The Kullu is supposed to be more of a rocket ride and potent.

Raho

Veteran
I wish people who are growing the Indian Landrace Exchange Manipu-Burma would post up in here.
:-(
It's different seeds from a different source than the RSC line all these posts are about, and by all accounts, it's something special.

bleepboop

Is it not the case that the ILE seeds are expensive and relatively new so simply less people have run them? Manipur is a decent sized district admittedly but as it is where Ukhrul and Imphal are these are the only comparisons folks are able to offer at present. ​​​​​

Raho

Veteran
Is it not the case that the ILE seeds are expensive and relatively new so simply less people have run them? Manipur is a decent sized district admittedly but as it is where Ukhrul and Imphal are these are the only comparisons folks are able to offer at present. ​​​​​

No idea about your theory to explain the absence of posts.
I do know however that the thread is about those ILR seeds.

Is $80 for a 10 pack of original P1 seeds expensive? That's what they sell for.

bleepboop

I mean that's based on 100 euro (115 usd) which is quite expensive. if you're paying 80usd then I agree that's not so bad.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
These ILE Manipur are taking their time showing sex. I have one male but it is far from making pollen. The Kullu and Chellakutti are already making pollen at 18 days of flower. The rest of the Manipur are likely females as no sex is shown for sure,

On the price, that is tricky. I doubt the seeds were expensive for ILE to get but do not know. They have to go to remote places though. For me, if the smoke is exotic and special, then it is worth hundreds of dollars or more. That remains to be seen here for me anyways. I would have paid much more for the Chellakutti knowing what I know now.

Raho

Veteran
These ILE Manipur are taking their time showing sex. I have one male but it is far from making pollen. The Kullu and Chellakutti are already making pollen at 18 days of flower. The rest of the Manipur are likely females as no sex is shown for sure,

On the price, that is tricky. I doubt the seeds were expensive for ILE to get but do not know. They have to go to remote places though. For me, if the smoke is exotic and special, then it is worth hundreds of dollars or more. That remains to be seen here for me anyways. I would have paid much more for the Chellakutti knowing what I know now.

To find out what ILE is all about, check out the interview on The PotCast with the guy that does it all, Irrazinig.

Also good to check out his posts on IG:
https://www.instagram.com/irrazinig/

and read his blog work on their website:
https://www.indianlandraceexchange.com/

I think you'll be surprised and impressed.
He's not just another seed pirate plundering lands of origin Arjan style as some people seem to think he is.
Writings on his recent work, DurandLineProject_2020 has clearly demonstrated that he is a friend to indigenous farmers and not there to exploit them.

funkyhorse

Is $80 for a 10 pack of original P1 seeds expensive? That's what they sell for.

I hope you dont mind but it is a robbery at midday for something that costs a few paisa
My experience in the area is that charas is amazing but ganja dont hit, flowers dont have any high, thats why they do all that work for making charas. I used flowers as a placebo of tobacco for smoking charas
Plants are used for bhang or for making charas, not for smoking the buds

This is a very interesting thread where competion is commenting a thing or two about these people. They are all copying from each other
https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijua...ram-landrace-seed-vendors-doing-the-good-work

Raho

Veteran
I hope you dont mind but it is a robbery at midday for something that costs a few paisa
My experience in the area is that charas is amazing but ganja dont hit, flowers dont have any high, thats why they do all that work for making charas. I used flowers as a placebo of tobacco for smoking charas
Plants are used for bhang or for making charas, not for smoking the buds

This is a very interesting thread where competion is commenting a thing or two about these people. They are all copying from each other
https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijua...ram-landrace-seed-vendors-doing-the-good-work

We all have access to the same info, I'll leave it to you to reach your own conclusions.
I disagree with your perspective, but if you think the work he does is so easy and worth so little, should we assume we will be seeing you do something similar someday?
The Manipur line this thread is about is not used for charas, but rather grown to be sold as flowers.
Did you actually look at any info that I linked for you, or are you just here to criticize with the words of his competition?

funkyhorse

Hi Raho
I am afraid the info you can gather on field in real life out of the internet is not available to everybody, otherwise we wouldnt be here talking about it
I was a handicraft hunter for 25 years in Asia before I changed profession. I started in the 20th century well before all these kids started hunting for cannabis seeds.
I wouldnt mind going back and do it again but life takes you/shows you different paths and one of the little freedoms we have is the choice which path to follow and now I am following the growing path which I find very interesting and something to renew myself and create neurogenesis. To go back to Asia for hunting whatever good/merchandise it might be would be a step backwards in my path of evolution, not many new things to learn in that path for me

So somehow I can consider the seed hunters colleagues and I didnt say the work they do is easy but I think if you enjoy the work you do then any difficulty that might arise can be afforded with ease.
Like phoenicians I have no emotional attachment to goods and I do value the goods for what they are worth. If they cost paisas(cents of ruppee) then thats what they are worth at origin.

A price is an agreement between buyer and seller. If seller finds buyers willing to pay 1000s times the real value of his goods, that the seller ability and price doesnt reflect the quality of the goods at all

I am finnishing growing Manipuri and Ukhrul from the competition, I am certainly curious about other people point of view on these. After I smoke them I tell you what I think of these varieties, in the meantime I told you what I think on their pricing plus added commentaries from the competition. It is all coming from the same area from whatever seller so plants are similar, like any other asian trader, they copy each other, so plants, highs and the bullshit must be similar

If these varieties would be real strong, Manipur state would be infested with tourists. For sure VangVieng is infested with tourists when travel is unrestricted
The ganja the hippies found in Goa in the 70s is gone long ago
Since the 80s India and the Himalayas are famous for charas but not for ganja. Ganja in India doesnt have any high, please ask more travellers about this fact without emotional attachments to it, because India arises passions on people and reason seems to be relegated to second/third place