What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Eastern Manipur-Burma Border Domesticated Landrace

Mountainkush

Looking awesome so far.
Can’t wait to see how this one turns out for ya. I have a pack on it’s way now but might be a little bit before I can start them so really appreciate all the updates/info. Makes it easier for me to plan the grow.

Cactus Wes

Just gotta hang in there another 7-9 weeks
It's gotten hard to keep her hydrated.
The drought has raised the PH and deformed the leaf's.
I've been pushing the potassium and a side effect of this is burned tips.
At this point I should be coming in every day or every other day as lights
come on to remove as many burned leafs as I can in the first 10-15 minutes.
Trimming or picking leafs in this time frame minimizes stress remarkably.
The smell today is of a vanilla carrot spice blending with sour.
I've smelled this aroma before from a ACE SEEDs 'PANAMA' cultivar.
I don't find it smells like grapefruit anymore.
This camera managed to pick up some trichomes.
The pictures should be getting more interesting from here on out.
This plant is an absolute jungle, marijuana swords everywhere!

P1010190.JPG
P1010194.JPG
P1010193.JPG
P1010195.JPG

Cactus Wes

Looking awesome so far.
Can’t wait to see how this one turns out for ya. I have a pack on it’s way now but might be a little bit before I can start them so really appreciate all the updates/info. Makes it easier for me to plan the grow.

When I first bought the seeds I looked and looked for as much info as possible and only found the advertised description and accompanying photos.
I think this unique strain should be a topic.
It would be nice to see how others manage this landrace family of cultivars and
see variations in the line.
This thread is for them, so if anyone has pictures of these plants and personal growing experience with them, please do post them here.
When this landrace is searched;
it will be nice to be shown forums with wealth of information on the topic and pictures.

Cheers

Cactus Wes

eatern manipu burma border domesticated landrace.jpg
eatern manipu burma border domesticated landrace2.jpg

You can see the streaks through the calyxes in this second picture.
She has a ginger beer spice smell right now.
She is starting week 11 tomorrow.
I had to put the second SCROG net down, she's absolutely out of control.
I hope she doesn't stress out now that more of her is under the light.
One or two more weeks and she'll have the tent to herself.
You can't even see her roommate in this shot lol.
P1010215.JPG

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have my pack of this in a paper towel. The Cambodian from ILE did not germinate, peeled the seed shells off and hope for a couple to make it.

Cactus Wes

She is still going, she is 15 weeks.
I'm expecting to go to 17 weeks at least, and depending on how she looks maybe a few more.
I'm no longer feeding, water only from here out.
She is plentiful and the kolas are all hanging off the scrog net at this point.
She is all hair and small calyxes, very scraggly.
I gave her a drought last weekend, and the calyxes have become a little more noticeable.
The trichomes are almost none existent the smell isn't strong,
It goes between fresh cut grass and a citrus-carrot spice, it's very nice.

P1010218.JPG

P1010220.JPG

And then I ripped off a bud.😈

Cactus Wes

I ripped off a bud last week, and let it dry on a shelf.
I couldn't wait to try it. I'm smoking some nice heavy stuff lately so I was doubtful about any feeling.
The bud was pretty green and by the time It dried enough to smoke it just smelled like hay.
A bit of a scary thought; having a pound and a half of hay to smoke this summer.
I cut it all up and rolled it into a paper.
A dry toke on the joint was just the flavour of fresh cut vegetation.
I lit the joint and it did not taste nice because of being so fresh and not flushed and being dried too fast.
Then suddenly half way through the session, my head felt like I changed elevation. Dense, hat on the head feeling. It was the feeling in the head, I had the first time I smoked.
I have been smoking a potent heavy indica hybrid for my daily; and this joint cut right through my existing buzz and went straight to my head.
I was so pleasantly surprised by the effects I was feeling. That joint was basically a night ender that night. I was almost confused and was befuddled and left in wonder at what could be in the plant and it's percentage; that makes me feel this way.
I am so excited for the finished product.
I am excited for anyone who is going to pop a pack of these.

20210424_190003.jpg

Cactus Wes

Have my pack of this in a paper towel. The Cambodian from ILE did not germinate, peeled the seed shells off and hope for a couple to make it.

I hate peeling the shell off, I noticed just recently that planting the seed right in the dirt helps the shell shed off more often. I have given up on the paper towel method only for that reason.

musigny23

The thing about seed shells is old ones harden which can prevent germination. But sometimes even with new ones when the wet shell does crack and allow the germination to begin, if the root pushes the shell up out of the soil (or wet towel) into the air, the seed shell can dry out and harden again making it so the seedling can't push it open and spread the first two leaves. So, with hard to germ seeds try to keep the seed shell wet so it stays weak and the seedling can get it off.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Is this the same Manipur-Burma from ILE that is still listed? I'm really getting interested in these ILE varieties.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Cool! I just started Balochistan #3 and Deep Purple Dashti seeds today...many intriguing strains to choose from.