What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Your favorite landraces, in terms of pure effect?

Lesnah

Most of Khalifa's stuff is from Coco if it's indian...they simply work it further than the collectors do.

I remember when i first saw Khalifa on IG that crew only had the "beldia" which they collected themselves iirc and "rasoli" from Coco...

vinrusso

Kullu I have not tried it but kullu good stuff or Cambodia from khalifa genetics o chellakuti o yea...but more the kullu
Khalifa is coming out with the Kullu hybrid in a few months. It is supposed to be a cross of Soma's Amnesia Haze x Kullu. The Amnesia haze is got good S.E. Asian/Jamaican/Hawaiian genetics. Should be an interesting cross.

BigBlack

i loved the lebanese hash from way back in the day. so i grew some lebanese. it's curing in cob, along with some sinai.
also loved the thai sticks the soldiers brought back from viet nam.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
We have talked before grayeyes but the Michoacan I have from Snow is not the one your want, or I think that. While one of the best Mexicans I smoked back then, it was not quite as trippy as you made your version out to be. I tripped the hell out smoking Michoacan with another mystery strain which was likely Mexican back in '74. That other one was LSD and no lie. In the state of Michoacan there were several strains growing so that and the fact that a seller could tell you anything about his product, you do not know for sure what it is or where it came from.

I am running my first Malawi Gold from Hartigear and we will see. The ACE version is not gonna get me interested due to Golden Tiger not being so trippy for me. I have run several African lines or moreso hybrids. None were special to me. If this Malawi does not punch my ticket I will not be growing any African for a while.

Chellakutti is great, the Kullu is nice but not too special. Manipur is special and up front for current grow. Mango Thai is super but more an heirloom than landrace I suppose. It has been inbred quite a lot I think. A landrace by definition is a plant that has been acclimated to a specific environment. So a OG Kush grown in my backyard a number of years would qualify, the number of years is up for grabs. In most peoples heads it means a rather raw and unworked line from a distant land.

Last edited:

Rembetis

Tora Bora from Real Seed Co. is a very nice and dreamy Afghani that doesn't wipe you out or leave you dragging. Lebanese is milder but very pleasant. More like a Sativa. As far as Landrace Sativas right now enjoying some hash I made from a Mozambique strain. Typical Sativa effects. All in the head

thxcannabis

i loved the lebanese hash from way back in the day. so i grew some lebanese. it's curing in cob, along with some sinai.
also loved the thai sticks the soldiers brought back from viet nam.
Check out Kalinga from the Philippines…thinking it has old school Thai Stick in the genetics

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Malawi Gold from seeds of Africa...if only one. Black Afghani from under ground seeds is close.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ I have Black Afghan seeds from USC, can you describe the effect? Also the effect of Malawi Gold from SOA. Is the MG pretty clean and no burnout? Trippy?

Green Squall

Tora Bora from Real Seed Co. is a very nice and dreamy Afghani that doesn't wipe you out or leave you dragging.

Hows the flavor? Make any hash with it? I'm hoping to find something similar in the Sherberghan. I've got them running both outdoors and indoors.

Rembetis

Yes I did make dry sift Hash which was hand pressed. Tora Bora is fruity to me. These Afghani lines that Angus has been gathering I think offer something more complex with more subtleties to the high for people that want an old school experience. I do have a couple threads in the Hashish section here although that area doesnt get much traffic which is too bad.

Last edited:

grayeyes

Yesum,

I am surprised you remembered that conversation, that was a while ago. The Michoacan I had would give you physical hallucinations as well as being more potent than anything at that time I had ever experienced. I once brought a pinner over to three friends and they looked at me like I was out of my mind. By the third time it was passed around they were waving it off.

I have now grown Malawi from RSC twice. The last time I harvested it early and it was really good but not as advertised. But I made seeds. And also got a volunteer this year out in the yard. My volunteer is now in its 15th week of flower and no signs yet of tricomes. But there was a bud that snapped off that I cured and it is a way up high that should be devasting once it finishes. Going to follow Tangwena's instructions and make some cobs. I am sure they will be rocket fuel.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hartigear said his Malawi was the strongest thing he ever smoked before it. Update on the Kullu Valley. While it does not have a lysergic feeling as the Chellakutti, it does have a very powerful rush right after smoking and also it makes my eyes play tricks on me. A cigar with a bit of shadow on it appeared to be curved, seeing an image from a second ago superimposed on what I am looking at right then, stuff happening in the corners of my eyesight or peripheral vision. This was after smoking some larf buds quick dried as opposed to smoking fan leaves before.

People do not believe me when I say I had pot that like acid or better really. grayeyes and others know better. Rare then and now all but gone. The Indian lines are trippy though. Kind of done with Mexicans at this point. I have done so many now. SE Asia and India, Burma and that area are my interest for now.

Rembetis

yesum;n1790882 People do not believe me when I say I had pot that like acid or better really. grayeyes and others know better. Rare then and now all but gone. The Indian lines are trippy though. Kind of done with Mexicans at this point. I have done so many now. SE Asia and India said:
I've had it too, long ago. Younger people just dont believe the quality weed we had in the old days and they laugh at the amount of THC in those old lines. I'm like you, on a quest to find something special in a world where poly hybrids have tainted everything

therevverend

Veteran
The Azad Kashmiri is easily the best I've grown. Ass kicking. The stuff from last year's harvest is still blowing my mind. Really it's too potent to be called a landrace, the farmer(s) who bred that strain knew what they were doing. Kashmiri heirloom. Great mix of heirloom/landrace traits and selective breeding for high quality hash making.

herblux

Hartigear said his Malawi was the strongest thing he ever smoked before it. Update on the Kullu Valley. While it does not have a lysergic feeling as the Chellakutti, it does have a very powerful rush right after smoking and also it makes my eyes play tricks on me. A cigar with a bit of shadow on it appeared to be curved, seeing an image from a second ago superimposed on what I am looking at right then, stuff happening in the corners of my eyesight or peripheral vision. This was after smoking some larf buds quick dried as opposed to smoking fan leaves before.

People do not believe me when I say I had pot that like acid or better really. grayeyes and others know better. Rare then and now all but gone. The Indian lines are trippy though. Kind of done with Mexicans at this point. I have done so many now. SE Asia and India, Burma and that area are my interest for now.

yesum will you stop please, I've got enough seeds already haha!

Honestly very interesting thread and thank you for your findings, always very much appreciated.

grayeyes could you please elaborate on what was not as advertised with the RSC Malawi? Haven't grown them yet, but got seeds.

geneva_sativa

The Azad Kashmiri is easily the best I've grown. Ass kicking. The stuff from last year's harvest is still blowing my mind. Really it's too potent to be called a landrace, the farmer(s) who bred that strain knew what they were doing. Kashmiri heirloom. Great mix of heirloom/landrace traits and selective breeding for high quality hash making.

although am not sure if is the same as the Azad, I have sampled few different Kashmir lines, and they were some of the most unique variety I have tried

one had me feeling so zoot'd at 9 month in jar,
really agree with what you reported