What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Your favorite landraces, in terms of pure effect?

Sunshineinabag

Vietnamese. The one I grew out was very clearly pure and an authentic 100% sativa Landrace, however, the effects are so hazy and strong that the cerebral stone converts to a relaxing body high that I haven't found in any other sativa landraces to this degree. It's truly a beautiful and unique high. I wouldn't consider it racy, but it is very intense and all encompassing.

I just smoked a bong rip of my last bit of popcorn nugs that is from last year, and it still whooped me.

I'm not a heavy smoker so one nice bong rip is as far as I can go comfortably.

I plan on reproducing them in the months to come, and I will probably give some away for sativa growing fanatics to test out sometime this year.

We used to have a p2 up here that had a heavy black viet lineage ....

We called it creeper weed....it creeped up on ya

That one does sound good - any good source of seeds you'd recommend? I saw the real seed co has some, wasn't sure if you'd recommend another breeder though

No RSC is the only company that offers Nanda Devi. Also they're not really a breeder. They just collect seeds from the classical area of cannabis production. They are the company that made it available.

xerb

Chocolate Thai

Chocolate Thai

Yes, we used to get pounds of Great Mexican - Chocolate Thai !
The seeds from this bagweed produced a wonderful product easily recognizable as Chocolate Thai with its very pronounced chocolate flavor and a wonderful up beat high.

And yes I was referring to Goriilla Glue #4 as being very reminiscent of the old Chocolate Thai of yesteryear.

I would love to have the original Chocolate Thai, to preserve, not cross! Xerb

PS Back in the day, we grew out a lot of Colombian Gold, and sometimes they would reach almost 25 feet, but they did not always finish before the freeze.

It is pretty heartbreaking to see, after a quick hailstorm blows through, a pile of branches where a giant plant had once stood !

Last edited:

vinrusso

That one does sound good - any good source of seeds you'd recommend? I saw the real seed co has some, wasn't sure if you'd recommend another breeder though
You can't go wrong with ACE seeds. Best Sativa and landrace in the world. Real Seed Co has diverse landraces but ACE has more selection and documents who and how each variety was bred.

RenaissanceBrah

You can't go wrong with ACE seeds. Best Sativa and landrace in the world. Real Seed Co has diverse landraces but ACE has more selection and documents who and how each variety was bred.

Thanks Vinrusso, I recently got some of their strains, but none of the Nepal Annapurna seeds wanted to sprout. Have you ever had any of their seeds that wouldn't sprout?

The thai chi and congo seeds did just fine, banghi haze is super vigorous.

Best Sativa and landrace in the world.

I would very strongly qualify that statement. ACE is a good breeder no doubt but as far as landraces go, RSC is unbeatable. ACE is certainly interesting especially for their work with South American strains, but RSC is better (more trustworthy) for any cannabis landraces from all over Asia (Near east to South East Asia). Also their blog demonstrates a far more erudite knowledge of cannabis as well.

vinrusso

I would very strongly qualify that statement. ACE is a good breeder no doubt but as far as landraces go, RSC is unbeatable. ACE is certainly interesting especially for their work with South American strains, but RSC is better (more trustworthy) for any cannabis landraces from all over Asia (Near east to South East Asia). Also their blog demonstrates a far more erudite knowledge of cannabis as well.
When I say ACE that includes Indian Landrace exchange and Khalifa. ILE is headed by an Indian guy, and and much as I respect RSC, a outsider is never going to have the "family jewels" that a local would.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
When I say ACE that includes Indian Landrace exchange and Khalifa. ILE is headed by an Indian guy, and and much as I respect RSC, a outsider is never going to have the "family jewels" that a local would.
There are interviews available with Angus (RSC) and the ILE guy. Angus is a walking encyclopedia on landrace cannabis. He also seems to have great integrity and a real love of his subject, and a desire to preserve landrace. Not saying ILE doesn't just that I have more trust that I am getting the real deal with RSC. I would use ACE for sativa hybrids, landrace it's RSC for me.

India is a huge and diverse country and I doubt that just being Indian gives you anygreat advantage.

Pity Angus no longer posts here.

romanoweed

ACE has alot of slightly selected LAndrace. I would caall it just Landrace, they relased long ago pure Zamal, pure Thaistick, Double Thai (two Thai Landrace), Vietblack x Thai,

Now they have Oldtimershaze (suspected pure Columbians), New Caledonia, Laos.

Vietblack x thai caused some Ambulancecalls, Oldtimershaze has a propper old vibe, New caledonia sounds very deluxe, the Laos is pretty sweet vibe. Some lightly old Genes inside them, i would grab them if you search pure Landrace.

From RSC i would grab the Sinai, has old Genes from the 90s. Thats what comes to my mind thinking of Landrace from those Companies

B

Benny106

Angus is a good egg, staunchly passionate with a stoic love for the plant. Both ace and rsc are well known for thier accurate descriptions of varieties!

My favourite 'landraces' are probably South Americans and African nld, and blends of the two..particularly Congolese/Panama/Colombian

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh ok, I see what you mean. I agree that ILE is a different beast and a good oneat that. They have very interesting stuff no doubt. I have my eyes on two strains not distributed by ACE yet.But their price is quite prohibitive for my budget I must admit.

Khalifa is a different thing: it's a breeder and they have their own website and you can purchase from them directly. Not to mention the uncanny resemblance with the RSC catalogue... but surely that's just me.

ACE has alot of slightly selected LAndrace.[...]Vietblack x Thai,

Now they have Oldtimershaze (suspected pure Columbians), New Caledonia, Laos.

Well this is a different subject but if you cross two landraces together, what you get is not a landrace anymore. It's something else. Possibly something fantastic but not a landrace.

New Caledonia I agree sounds lush. I want this one.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Angus is the top guy on pot knowledge for history. Or as good as any I have read. I do not know much but my takeaway on that.

Hope the ILE can deliver some good stuff, I have 5 of their strains. I am invested so to speak hehe. I have to agree that a local is gonna have the advantage in getting good stuff, not to say an outsider could not do well, money works wonders and just being polite.

Already Khalifa has exceeded most strains I have from many countries and remote areas.

romanoweed

depdowninside, hmm, arent modern Landraces often contaminated from skunk genes, so, isnt a Vietblack x Thai pretty Landrace cause it has old 70s killer Vietnamese in it..

I dont know, but i feel even this close Outcros is closer to a good LAndrace experience imho.

Besides that there are/were dozens of Landraces in Ace cataloge imho

romanoweed

khalifa has Strains that nobody else has, his Cambodian, his Laos, Belida, Kullu are all different lines from RSC imho. Besides the recent Laos, wich as i recall is a Line that was collected by Bodhi, now spreads among some Breeders.. currently is sold by RSC under the name mango thai, but can change. Same line as Khalifas Laos. Neither Khalifa, nor RSC have collected this very Line.

The only Line that could be from RSC might be his Kerala, but could be mistacken

romanoweed

yaeh, i could be mistacken,

Rasoli is staded to be collected by friend of Cocogenes, (he has his own Website, i have no doubt he collected those)

Shebergan is stated to be collected by LandraceGenetics.... Could be mistacken on this beeing own collector.

hey, im not expert, but those names ringed a bell as beeing Hunters, and beeing not Realseedcompany.

Khalifa is affilated strongly with own collectors,so much i know. one or two Lines might still be from RSC.

Last edited:

romanoweed

And i googled the Khalifas Kerala, its from Cocogenes.

So, this leaves me only with Shebergan , and Balk, wich still could be RSC, since i cant clearly pinpoint if "LAndracegenetics" is a own collector, and havent found any info Balkh so far.

In genereal, Khalifa has couple own collectors

rolandomota

Veteran
Kullu I have not tried it but kullu good stuff or Cambodia from khalifa genetics o chellakuti o yea...but more the kullu