What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Your favorite landraces, in terms of pure effect?

RenaissanceBrah

Just wanted to ask the experienced growers on here, what are your favorite landraces, only considering effect?

(Ignoring yield, flowering time, bag appeal, resin production, etc)

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I liked Thai stick but unlikely to see those again.

Really liked some Laos that I smoked while I was there. Euphoric, positive, uplifting and energetic.

RenaissanceBrah

I liked Thai stick but unlikely to see those again.

Really liked some Laos that I smoked while I was there. Euphoric, positive, uplifting and energetic.

True, I've been searching for Chocolate Thai seeds, which from my understanding are what they used to grow Thai sticks... from my notes though supposedly Lao Gold and Mango Thai are supposedly supposed to get you close to the Thai stick effect (at least that's what The Real Seeds Companies webpage says... not sure how legit they are, haven't looked into them much).

That's what I've heard as well though about the Thai and Laos strains... still looking for a good source of Laos strains, if you know where to get some good genetics :)

RenaissanceBrah

Hi!

Seeing that your thread is not getting much action, here is a thread I started a few weeks ago with a similar question that got a few answers. I hop it helps

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=378376

Thanks, much appreciated! Will be reading through it.

I'm from East Africa and my favorite landrace sativa to smoke is Shashamane from Ethiopia

I've been reading about Shashamane, some think it's Jamaican Landbread that got acclimatized to Ethiopia I believe. What's your opinion on that?

I'll definitely have to try it someday, I heard the Highland Ethiopian sativas are really good as well.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Limited experience but colombians in general seems to float my boat need to try se asains and see yet. I have a feeling a good colombian, mexican or se asain will all have very desirable traits for me.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Thanks, much appreciated! Will be reading through it.

I've been reading about Shashamane, some think it's Jamaican Landbread that got acclimatized to Ethiopia I believe. What's your opinion on that?

I'll definitely have to try it someday, I heard the Highland Ethiopian sativas are really good as well.
I've grown ACE's Ethiopian which I believe is a reproduction of Highland Ethiopian and it is great. However it is a mild smoke and not in the same league as Thai sticks or the Laos that I've had.

Vietnamese. The one I grew out was very clearly pure and an authentic 100% sativa Landrace, however, the effects are so hazy and strong that the cerebral stone converts to a relaxing body high that I haven't found in any other sativa landraces to this degree. It's truly a beautiful and unique high. I wouldn't consider it racy, but it is very intense and all encompassing.

I just smoked a bong rip of my last bit of popcorn nugs that is from last year, and it still whooped me.

I'm not a heavy smoker so one nice bong rip is as far as I can go comfortably.

I plan on reproducing them in the months to come, and I will probably give some away for sativa growing fanatics to test out sometime this year.

RenaissanceBrah

Vietnamese. The one I grew out was very clearly pure and an authentic 100% sativa Landrace, however, the effects are so hazy and strong that the cerebral stone converts to a relaxing body high that I haven't found in any other sativa landraces to this degree. It's truly a beautiful and unique high. I wouldn't consider it racy, but it is very intense and all encompassing.

I just smoked a bong rip of my last bit of popcorn nugs that is from last year, and it still whooped me.

I'm not a heavy smoker so one nice bong rip is as far as I can go comfortably.

I plan on reproducing them in the months to come, and I will probably give some away for sativa growing fanatics to test out sometime this year.

Nice, I haven't read much about Vietnamese, but I've heard good things. I know Snow was working with some Viet genetics.

Just curious, where'd you get your Viet genetics from? What it a specific strain?

xerb

Hello Mr Brah, Have you tried growing Gorilla Glue? It reminds me of Chocolate Thai,
with a more refined, even better taste. It is Delicious bud, and very potent too.

I never had chocolate thai that reminded me of Thai sticks, but the strain did have a pronounced chocolate flavor. Up until a few years ago we were growing it from bag seed collected many years ago from a good bag of Mexican weed.

Unfortunately he crossed it, instead of keeping it pure, and it no longer has its unique taste or high.

RenaissanceBrah

Hello Mr Brah, Have you tried growing Original Glue? It reminds me of Chocolate Thai,
with a more refined, even better taste. It is Delicious bud, and very potent too.

I never had chocolate thai that reminded me of Thai sticks, but the strain did have a pronounced chocolate flavor. Up until a few years ago we were growing it from bag seed collected many years ago from a good bag of Mexican weed.

Unfortunately he crossed it, instead of keeping it pure, and it no longer has its unique taste or high.

Haven't heard of Original Glue, is it like Gorilla Glue? I think they rebranded it, it's the same as GG#4 no?

Sucks to hear your friend crossed the pure genetics. I heard though that it's hard to keep a line going without introducing new genetics... like the F8's, F10's etc start showing inbred traits or something. I want to start making my own seeds, but that's the part I feel is going to be the hard part to preserve lines and such.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Hello Mr Brah, Have you tried growing Original Glue? It reminds me of Chocolate Thai,

Huh? Are you saying you grew chocolate Thai from Mexican weed?

Sunshineinabag

I didn't do it proper justice but my rsc balhki was pretty nice. I could only imagine what the thai and himalayan he offers have in them.def worth your time

Latest posts

Latest posts