What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Your favorite landraces, in terms of pure effect?

grayeyes

herblux,

The Malawi I first grew I had to grow indoors under lights. To be honest, I didn't give it enough time to ripen but I did manage seeds. It was a very high high, cerebral, but not like I thought it should be. Now, this year, I had volunteer Malawi in my backyard. This, other than flipping them into 12/12 I did early. Now that female is at 16 wk I am starting to see some tricome development. I took a broken cola and cured it from this run and it is much more of a trippy high. I think if I allow this one to mature it will be. It came up in January and now here in early August I am hoping it will finish. Still have the sun of August and maybe Sept if it goes that long. I will post when I harvest and cure.

herblux

herblux,

The Malawi I first grew I had to grow indoors under lights. To be honest, I didn't give it enough time to ripen but I did manage seeds. It was a very high high, cerebral, but not like I thought it should be. Now, this year, I had volunteer Malawi in my backyard. This, other than flipping them into 12/12 I did early. Now that female is at 16 wk I am starting to see some tricome development. I took a broken cola and cured it from this run and it is much more of a trippy high. I think if I allow this one to mature it will be. It came up in January and now here in early August I am hoping it will finish. Still have the sun of August and maybe Sept if it goes that long. I will post when I harvest and cure.

Thank you grayeyes , much appreciated!
The volunteer was meant to be it seems, awesome you have a light dep'd it (I assume)! Looking forward to your final thoughts. I think even with a Malawi which was selected a little by modern cannabis breeders, there will still be a fair bit of variation, so I'm not surprised you needed to look for that high. IMO it's a good sign that there's still a good amount of variation in there :)

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I've grown ACE's Ethiopian which I believe is a reproduction of Highland Ethiopian and it is great. However it is a mild smoke and not in the same league as Thai sticks or the Laos that I've had.

I like it too. if it is stronger, then it would loose its magic imo. but they are african landrace which are same potency as excellent thai. like malawi or swazi...