What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Modern S.E. Asian landraces study

TheDarkStorm

SE asia..70's thai line

Attachments

• user138436_pic1616137_1466389293.jpg
    user138436_pic1616137_1466389293.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 45

romanoweed

i saw you rated those Lines each how pure they are. Landraceteams northern vietnam you said is not pure.

I recall the term "Sativa" has two meanings.
-One is classifying Strains that grow in Southindia/Southeast asia opposed to indica around Afganistan
-One concerns the effect

So whats your thinking process?

Do you mean A: the vietnam has been Hybridized. Or do you mean B: the Vietnam has no Sativa type effect?

If you mean A: then i am not shure, that every pure Indian, or SEAsian Plant HAS to be thinleaved, to be pure. If thats what reffered to.

I actually never read deeper about that first Taxonomy.But some seem to disagree in it, , and i hear it is obsolete.

If you reffere to the Effect-classification. i am unshure aswell. Roundabout it is true that thinleaved stuff will have less body. shure! but if you want your shroomy Tripweed, there are many other parameters that will play a role in getting a shroomy trip. That means : possibly a thinleaved sativa will only give you a confusing anxiety effect. and a midle-fatleaved sativa can bring you way closer to a shroomy high.

Thats why people differ today often between Broadleave and Narrowleave.

Your absolute Dreamplant will most probably be a very narrowleave Plant BUT as long as we dont have that much Lines of absolute legendary Status around, it is possible be that the Strain that came closest to that shroomy high will be a not so thinleaved Plant. CAUSE like said: there are different Parameters besides Fatness of Leaves that determine the Effect.

An Example: Hoabac: pretty Fat Bud, Fat Leave, i take this over many thinleaved AS LONG as i didnt find the Line of legendary Status of my Dreams:
picture.php

Real uncontaminated Thai from 1977

Attachments

70.5 KB · Views: 61
  • user138436_pic1229381_1396511285.jpg
    user138436_pic1229381_1396511285.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 48
  • user138436_pic1616135_1466389293.jpg
    user138436_pic1616135_1466389293.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 51
  • user138436_pic1282729_1404791718.jpg
    user138436_pic1282729_1404791718.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 46
Indicaised thai (Mango thai by rsc) compared to afghani. Nothing like the pure stuff of 1977

First one is afghani

Attachments

• Mango-Thai-1-1.jpg
    Mango-Thai-1-1.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Mango-Thai-1-1~3.jpg
    Mango-Thai-1-1~3.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20190724_150829_504.jpg
    IMG_20190724_150829_504.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 33
Some bagseed thai plant from ko phayam

Classical Sativa

Attachments

• IMG_20170712_083816024.jpg
    IMG_20170712_083816024.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20170712_083718006.jpg
    IMG_20170712_083718006.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20170712_083806664.jpg
    IMG_20170712_083806664.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20170807_085037606.jpg
    IMG_20170807_085037606.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20170807_085500878_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170807_085500878_HDR.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20170807_085103262.jpg
    IMG_20170807_085103262.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 50

TheDarkStorm

Woaaa. Now I dont what to believe. Those flowers looks so strange like a pure sativa, and the leaves are so thin. Where can i get seeds?

How was the high after curing? How long did it flower?

It a privately held thai right now...but hopefully one day soon its owner will get it out there. It takes a long long time just to sex...I believe anything up to 12 weeks....im sure its current keeper will drop in to give a few more details...
With the thais you see in the fields in my picture an yours, I believe there purposely kept manageable....but if grown over the full year they would get tree like huge.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
If you are used to smoking cookies and og's would those strains get me high? I have always been intrigued because no matter what I bring my dad he claims thai was better but they also had no tolerance to high thc strains back in the day.

great question. not sure about these landraces... but good pheno of thai would give you ride of your life. some thai can give you what they call narcotic psychedelic stupor.. so pretty much strong as ogk, but more psychedelic and much more long lasting.. I got so huge tolerance to ogk, that I dropped it.. thai beats it big time.. thc means nothing without other components in resin.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
It a privately held thai right now...but hopefully one day soon its owner will get it out there. It takes a long long time just to sex...I believe anything up to 12 weeks....im sure its current keeper will drop in to give a few more details...
With the thais you see in the fields in my picture an yours, I believe there purposely kept manageable....but if grown over the full year they would get tree like huge.
manageable , i guess so ,
what happens in the tropics is a monsoon season ,
and thats not very favorable to cannabis ,
its too wet and not worth growing in ,,

so those thai folks used to plant at the end of the monsoon ,(this is well after the longest day has passed and the hours have decreased measurably)

and the plants would go into flower as quick as they could and not get much more than 6 feet tall ,
though they could get larger im sure ,

but when only fed a meager diet and planted late thats not going to happen ,
the life span of those plants would be 5 to 6 months ,
i know that sounds impossible for those long flowering girls ,
but they dont flower that long in their natural setting ,

16 weeks is the maximum , with only the odd stubborn individual going longer than that ...

great question. not sure about these landraces... but good pheno of thai would give you ride of your life. some thai can give you what they call narcotic psychedelic stupor.. so pretty much strong as ogk, but more psychedelic and much more long lasting.. I got so huge tolerance to ogk, that I dropped it.. thai beats it big time.. thc means nothing without other components in resin.

Hence why I go for the realy long flowering and really thin leaf plants, they have more ride of your life thunder than narcotic effect.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Hence why I go for the realy long flowering and really thin leaf plants, they have more ride of your life thunder than narcotic effect.

well man sativas have wider range of effects than what we can call just cerebral. at mental and emotional level we can call them cerebral, but at energetic level we have to call it body effect, not couchlock, sedative etc, but you can get effect that your mind is racy, psychedelic etc, but your body doesn't get much energy, or you can get effect with a lot of energy, electric body feelings, heart beating, rushes, forehead sweat and these feelings or symptoms we cant call cerebral, they are definitely body feelings.

thin leaf has not much to do with effect, I understand its the way you want to avoid hybridized lines, but thin leaf is intense sunlight and humidity adaptation.. so in case sativa grows in desert, these extremely thin leafs is unwanted feature.. I would focus on effect, some plants with wider leaf can surprise you.. cheers.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
well man sativas have wider range of effects than what we can call just cerebral. at mental and emotional level we can call them cerebral, but at energetic level we have to call it body effect, not couchlock, sedative etc, but you can get effect that your mind is racy, psychedelic etc, but your body doesn't get much energy, or you can get effect with a lot of energy, electric body feelings, heart beating, rushes, forehead sweat and these feelings or symptoms we cant call cerebral, they are definitely body feelings.

thin leaf has not much to do with effect, I understand its the way you want to avoid hybridized lines, but thin leaf is intense sunlight and humidity adaptation.. so in case sativa grows in desert, these extremely thin leafs is unwanted feature.. I would focus on effect, some plants with wider leaf can surprise you.. cheers.
agreed ,
here is some leaf profile from the laos , aka super laos ,
a little fatter than expected , but definitely a pure sativa ..

picture.php

picture.php

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
hey OPS brother, this is not my pic, but look at this pic, do you think it is indicaised? not really super thin leaf. thanks.
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts