What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Landrace team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've ran some of their beans, great and authentic stuff, the prices are a little steep though especially with the risk of getting lower quality phenotypes, but I ran the Thai (Chiang Rai) and Vietnam from them and was VERY PLEASED with both varieties.

If the prices were more reasonable, I would definitely be buying a lot more gear from them.

When I say reasonable it's just my own subjective opinion, but I'm more than happy with all the gems I find through The Real Seed Company, at a price a hobbyist can afford.

Would I recommend TLT seeds though, yes.

I've ran some of their beans, great and authentic stuff, the prices are a little steep though especially with the risk of getting lower quality phenotypes, but I ran the Thai (Chiang Rai) and Vietnam from them and was VERY PLEASED with both varieties.

If the prices were more reasonable, I would definitely be buying a lot more gear from them.

When I say reasonable it's just my own subjective opinion, but I'm more than happy with all the gems I find through The Real Seed Company, at a price a hobbyist can afford.

Would I recommend TLT seeds though, yes.

What were the highs like? And growth characteristics?

What were the highs like? And growth characteristics?

Chiang Rai had decently tight internodes and uniform Christmas tree plants, long wheat spike colas very frosty and very lemon cleaner smell, pretty good terpene content.

Vietnam, more compact plants, classic Christmas tree shape, golf ball nuggets along the branches, also pretty frosty, and I wouldn't say dense, but pretty dense for a pure landrace sativa. Very nice high from this one, a sort of warm fuzzy feeling around you, can be a philosophers high, and can also lead to saying silly shit that can lead to a serious case of the giggles.

sbeanonnamellow

I really enjoy the herbs that bring on those random laughing fits when you're with good friends having a good time sharing story. Something ends up sounding funny, or something like that. Nonstop laughter for a good 5 or 10 minutes what seems like hours. Very memorable stuff. Thanks for sharing your review. The Vietnamese sounds intriguing. Much love

Landrace team are just few greedy people who are hoarding landrace,heirloom seeds trough internet.they are just reproducing and selling those seeds.I have a personal experience with one of landrace team guys trying to get seeds from me.stay away from them.

Whats wrong with them trying to collect seeds from around the world? They're trying to preserve landraces. Though I disagree wirh preserving indicas and ruderalis, these should go extinct. But it's great that they have so many sativa landraces (well as pure as they can find) that are reproduced by open pollination. :plant grow:

regseeds

Whats wrong with them trying to collect seeds from around the world? They're trying to preserve landraces. Though I disagree wirh preserving indicas and ruderalis, these should go extinct. But it's great that they have so many sativa landraces (well as pure as they can find) that are reproduced by open pollination. :plant grow:

I had a similar experience, I think I messaged them about buying the Punto Rojo for myself personally, they followed back with a message along the lines of "why do you want the strain" "are you reproducing them" somewhat intrusive rude messages. I like to start with everybody 50-50 until reason to be otherwise.
In the end, I never bothered, then I come on here and found it ironic that they have been reproducing other people’s personal stock. After they casted aspersions on me and others for the same thing they were doing themselves.
Strange behaviour (not out of the ordinary for the cannabis business), I have had no further interaction with them.

That said, i'm sure they have some good seed. But they've casted a huge spell of doubt in my mind about ever doing business with them

I had a similar experience, I think I messaged them about buying the Punto Rojo for myself personally, they followed back with a message along the lines of "why do you want the strain" "are you reproducing them" somewhat intrusive rude messages. I like to start with everybody 50-50 until reason to be otherwise.
In the end, I never bothered, then I come on here and found it ironic that they have been reproducing other people’s personal stock. After they casted aspersions on me and others for the same thing they were doing themselves.
Strange behaviour (not out of the ordinary for the cannabis business), I have had no further interaction with them.

That said, i'm sure they have some good seed. But they've casted a huge spell of doubt in my mind about ever doing business with them

Yah that is pretty weird. I wonder if you said yes.

Last edited:

Satta

its all ok with collecting and preserving.i do the same.but selling other peoples work...and for insane prices is other thing.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Whats wrong with them trying to collect seeds from around the world? They're trying to preserve landraces.

I'd rather say mostly collecting seeds from around the forums and from farmers who sell seeds through IG too... 90% of the seeds were collected that way and then is just about inventing a nice story about some old rasta that had crazy seeds from the 70s. Have you ever seen his grows or preservation projects? People can't can be so naive to swallow all that.

Everyone who had dealings with TLT ended scammed and burned... ask Lala (Derg Corra), who recently got his AOF stolen too. And believe me, absolutely everyone from the landrace scene who ever posted a nice picture from a rare plant got approached and offered dealings by him. Sometimes with rude and harassing manipulative messages in order to get the information and what he wanted. Absolute disrespect to the community and work from others.

Preserving? He's just a greedy guy trying to make money off seeds like most. He doesn't even grow or smoke, no interest or passion about the plant whatsoever. Just saw a nice niche and bussiness which is obtaining seeds for free and then selling them without permission after someone reproduces some for him.

I saw him coming since day one, a few years ago, even warned some about it, saw his practices, saw his messages all over the forums begging for rare landrace seeds... caught him lying about his story and so on.

He first joined forums desperate trying to sell some bulk Kerala seeds on the forum after he obtained via RSC's contact and after RSC refused to buy the seeds. Then, since no one give a shit, he decided to start his own seed bussiness and got greedy.

Prices keep growing as greed does too. People should research a bit before speaking IMHO. There's plenty info all over the forums and IG:

Speaking of that fucker Riddle, last night I decided to check out his IG page. I saw a post of AOF where someone had said that their pack said Derg Corra collective, and they asked if his seeds were the same thing. So I answered that the Derg Corra collective is the only authentic source of AOF. I went on to further state that these seeds were produced by my friend Lala, and that The Landrace Team does not have permission to resell those seeds. You know what that fucker Riddle did? He deleted my post. He's removed the ability to be able to DM him, so I couldn't even send him a nasty message. So I reported his page to IG. I'm not usually one for doing that sort of thing, but that guy is a thief and a liar.

Well Riddly aka Riddle is a non grower who would steal your children and then call them his own breed. But he dont like children at all,he loves the fact that children can be sold for big money.

-in peace

On 1/23/2020 at 6:40 PM, Arnold. said:

I would summarize it like this:

the landraces team's drive is money not passion.

I know they reached out to plenty of people holding preserved lines.

They are not true to their word.

Shame on you Riddle.

(not saying the other ones are better)
[/QUOTE]

Greatdalas

I'd rather say mostly collecting seeds from around the forums and from farmers who sell seeds through IG too... 90% of the seeds were collected that way and then is just about inventing a nice story about some old rasta that had crazy seeds from the 70s. Have you ever seen his grows or preservation projects? People can't can be so naive to swallow all that.

Everyone who had dealings with TLT ended scammed and burned... ask Lala (Derg Corra), who recently got his AOF stolen too. And believe me, absolutely everyone from the landrace scene who ever posted a nice picture from a rare plant got approached and offered dealings by him. Sometimes with rude and harassing manipulative messages in order to get the information and what he wanted. Absolute disrespect to the community and work from others.

Preserving? He's just a greedy guy trying to make money off seeds like most. He doesn't even grow or smoke, no interest or passion about the plant whatsoever. Just saw a nice niche and bussiness which is obtaining seeds for free and then selling them without permission after someone reproduces some for him.

I saw him coming since day one, a few years ago, even warned some about it, saw his practices, saw his messages all over the forums begging for rare landrace seeds... caught him lying about his story and so on.

He first joined forums desperate trying to sell some bulk Kerala seeds on the forum after he obtained via RSC's contact and after RSC refused to buy the seeds. Then, since no one give a shit, he decided to start his own seed bussiness and got greedy.

Prices keep growing as greed does too. People should research a bit before speaking IMHO. There's plenty info all over the forums and IG:
[/QUOTE]
There are quite a few banks that do that ...

funkyhorse

Thank you very much for info Musta
So basically what you are saying is this Riddle/riddly guy who wants 10u$s a colombian seed would even steal this pic of Llanera male, right? So according to what I read from Regseeds he doesnt want me nor anyone else to use this male and reproduce the strain because he might be afraid someone would share this for free as a sign of respect for his actions? So he doesnt want others to do to him what he is doing to others...he must know why
picture.php

After you see the seeds, no wonder Angus would refuse to buy the Kerala seeds, they are not the same thing at all even if it comes from the same source
picture.php

From a 12 pack of Kerala seeds of TLT, I only got 3 to sprout, the rest didnt sprout. From TSC I got 100% germination for Kerala, seeds look special too
For comparison, from an out of catalog pack of 10 Seedsman Indian Skunk which I believe were done by SamS I have no clue what year, I obtained 4 seedlings
So what year you reckon this TLT Kerala batch is from, 2016/2017? They must have been very poorly kept

pjlive

It's been a while, but I picked up a Pakistani and a Kandahar from them with no issues at all Very smooth transactions.
Below is a Kandahar from a few years back. It was a very robust cultivar.

knhrlndr080818.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.