Landrace team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aeroponique2 View Post
    If their prices hadn't been so high, I would have bought more of their strains ...
    Many positive results posted on IG, but some hermied badly (Punto Rojo).

Some are very attractive but the prices are outrageous.
    I will wait for others to buy, reproduce and sell them for a fraction of the price.

They are based in south Italy.
    Hermis come with the territory, you should expect to see them if you're growing beans collected directly from the source and you don't live in the cultivar's region of origin. In the field where these landraces originated, there are reports of zero hermis, yet seeds collected from the same fields grown outside their region of origin hermi frequently. One explanation is that the difference in photoperiods could stress the plants out and cause them to produce the trait that would otherwise not show up "in their home."

Since the hermi trait reportedly doesn't show up, perhaps there isn't selective pressure against it until we start playing with the genetics!

That said, I agree, TLT's prices are way too high, they're charging "finished product" prices. They are offering "foundation" genetics, which will require many years of work to get something worth keeping. It's far from a finished product.

Comment

Originally posted by meizzwang View Post
      Hermis come with the territory, you should expect to see them if you're growing beans collected directly from the source and you don't live in the cultivar's region of origin. In the field where these landraces originated, there are reports of zero hermis, yet seeds collected from the same fields grown outside their region of origin hermi frequently. One explanation is that the difference in photoperiods could stress the plants out and cause them to produce the trait that would otherwise not show up "in their home."

Since the hermi trait reportedly doesn't show up, perhaps there isn't selective pressure against it until we start playing with the genetics!

That said, I agree, TLT's prices are way too high, they're charging "finished product" prices. They are offering "foundation" genetics, which will require many years of work to get something worth keeping. It's far from a finished product.
      Prices are high. But the special thing aout TLT is they dont work the lines, they just do open pollination. Wild types are well needed, worked lines tend to lose the original effects, like ace's oldtimers haze which was said to be really trippy when it came out in the 70s, now not so much
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OnlyPureSativas View Post
        Have you bought from them already? How do you know they are in italy? I wonder why some of their seeds are in the usa and some in Europe...
        I received seeds from them last year from Naples...

Comment

Have you bought from them already? How do you know they are in italy? I wonder why some of their seeds are in the usa and some in Europe...
          I have brought from them. The guy I liaised with is in Italy. I sent money to Italy but the seeds were dispatched from the USA. Well packaged seeds in amber voles and wax sealed. Haven't grown them out yet but will do in due course

Comment

Punto rojo where only one plant has red hair the rest are brown no thanks

Comment

I've ran some of their beans, great and authentic stuff, the prices are a little steep though especially with the risk of getting lower quality phenotypes, but I ran the Thai (Chiang Rai) and Vietnam from them and was VERY PLEASED with both varieties.

If the prices were more reasonable, I would definitely be buying a lot more gear from them.

When I say reasonable it's just my own subjective opinion, but I'm more than happy with all the gems I find through The Real Seed Company, at a price a hobbyist can afford.

Would I recommend TLT seeds though, yes.

Comment

Funny I didn't even read everyone else's comments haha!!! I see we are all in agreement, good to see.

Comment

-The Kazastani is very interesting for 50+Nord Outdoor crossing/Superautos -
                  and the Pakistan 1975 for Indoor crossing
                  -But 150+15€ for 10 or 12 seeds is to expensive for me!

Comment

Originally posted by JudahsSceptre View Post
                    I've ran some of their beans, great and authentic stuff, the prices are a little steep though especially with the risk of getting lower quality phenotypes, but I ran the Thai (Chiang Rai) and Vietnam from them and was VERY PLEASED with both varieties.

If the prices were more reasonable, I would definitely be buying a lot more gear from them.

When I say reasonable it's just my own subjective opinion, but I'm more than happy with all the gems I find through The Real Seed Company, at a price a hobbyist can afford.

Would I recommend TLT seeds though, yes.
                    What were the highs like? And growth characteristics?
                    sigpic

Comment

What were the highs like? And growth characteristics?
                      Chiang Rai had decently tight internodes and uniform Christmas tree plants, long wheat spike colas very frosty and very lemon cleaner smell, pretty good terpene content.

Vietnam, more compact plants, classic Christmas tree shape, golf ball nuggets along the branches, also pretty frosty, and I wouldn't say dense, but pretty dense for a pure landrace sativa. Very nice high from this one, a sort of warm fuzzy feeling around you, can be a philosophers high, and can also lead to saying silly shit that can lead to a serious case of the giggles.

Comment

I really enjoy the herbs that bring on those random laughing fits when you're with good friends having a good time sharing story. Something ends up sounding funny, or something like that. Nonstop laughter for a good 5 or 10 minutes what seems like hours. Very memorable stuff. Thanks for sharing your review. The Vietnamese sounds intriguing. Much love

Comment

Seeds at prices higher than gold. These people do not seek to spread the seeds around the world, they just want the money.

Even if it's the rarest genetics in the world, they won't have my money.

Comment

Originally posted by Satta View Post
                            Landrace team are just few greedy people who are hoarding landrace,heirloom seeds trough internet.they are just reproducing and selling those seeds.I have a personal experience with one of landrace team guys trying to get seeds from me.stay away from them.
                            Whats wrong with them trying to collect seeds from around the world? They're trying to preserve landraces. Though I disagree wirh preserving indicas and ruderalis, these should go extinct. But it's great that they have so many sativa landraces (well as pure as they can find) that are reproduced by open pollination.
                            sigpic

Comment

But they really should lower their prices. They probably will get allot more business that way
                              sigpic

Comment

Whats wrong with them trying to collect seeds from around the world? They're trying to preserve landraces. Though I disagree wirh preserving indicas and ruderalis, these should go extinct. But it's great that they have so many sativa landraces (well as pure as they can find) that are reproduced by open pollination.
                                I had a similar experience, I think I messaged them about buying the Punto Rojo for myself personally, they followed back with a message along the lines of "why do you want the strain" "are you reproducing them" somewhat intrusive rude messages. I like to start with everybody 50-50 until reason to be otherwise.
                                In the end, I never bothered, then I come on here and found it ironic that they have been reproducing other people’s personal stock. After they casted aspersions on me and others for the same thing they were doing themselves.
                                Strange behaviour (not out of the ordinary for the cannabis business), I have had no further interaction with them.

That said, i'm sure they have some good seed. But they've casted a huge spell of doubt in my mind about ever doing business with them

Comment

Working...
                                X