What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Landrace experiment in Alps

Sunshineinabag

Huh

Huh

are you addressing that to me?

or to the guy who posted what's universally understood throughout the Western world to be a white supremacist meme?

Idk where your from buddy but I've lived in the usa for 46 yrs........never in my life have I seen that frog next to a confederate flag or at a nascar event.......I doubt most racists even know about the frog ..let alone his fucken name? Pepe? Was he not a skunk?

Why is it noone talks about black racists like they yetis?

Sunshineinabag

New design:
View Image

Jute fabric is as natural as it gets, decomposes and is perfect for holding soil together. Fabric will be cut and individual "soil sack" woven together. They will be placed next to each other.
When planting roots holding jute pots together will be cut and lower leaves will be cut too, as indicated with red on the picture. I think it shouldn't be too stressful and we should solve the root entangling problem.

View Image
Found myself a winter hobby

What's the diff between burlap and jute

Rosomah

picture.php

reclaiming pepe

picture.php

fck nzis

Rosomah

Sunshineinabag english not my first language, loosely woven jute

Pepe sadly was used as far right meme in 2016 internet, mostly by younger people. And of course media blew it up because they don't understand internet.
picture.php

It is important to pick up extremist dog whistling, but to be fair most of them are really stupid and you can pick them out really quickly, especially now with Q

Rosomah

chilliwilli horse manure was too fresh, next year will make compost and leave it for a year or two as ngakpa suggested. I use pelleted fertilizer, i think it's a mix of different manures. 2kg per hole (+/-)

Rosomah

Some critters
picture.php

Pigs love those for proteins

picture.php

Larva and adults are excellent soil predators

picture.php

They love warm, rocky soils

picture.php

picture.php

Rosomah

A thing or two about ticks

picture.php

I usually get 10-30 per season. I knew they carry tick-borne encephalitis, and got vaccinated for that. This year i got lyme disease so they are nothing to be joked about.

Small ones are the worst. One time i fell asleep on a sunny spot in grass, woke up with more than 20 fuckers crawling on me. Stay safe out there

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Ugh. Ticks. I picked up one last year in Kruger & I had 4 or 5 amazingly ugly bites. I came down with African Tick Bite Fever from them while we were miles from anywhere in a bush camp. Thankfully it is benign – unlike Lyme.

Worm castings is the best. It's organic matter digested by worms (including manure). It includes :

1/ digested nutes that won't burn your plant

2/ moisture
3/ beneficial bacteria and microbes

They may include the occasional worms that are all the gardener's allies :)

Be gentle handed though, too much may get your plants to claw but won't damage them.

M

Maquiypa

Love this kind of Guerilla in mountains...Beautiful Work !

Thank's to share

peace

Rosomah

update:

small experiment to keep my mind occupied. 180W CFL seedrun, reused substrate and as little care as possible.

picture.php

Cured fluff
picture.php

DIY CFL reflectors, this one is a prototype. Aluminium print sheet, ignore the paint and ziplocks, as said, prototype. The sheet is soft enough it can be cut with usual scissors.

picture.php

picture.php

Rosomah

Galanthus nivalis starting early this year
picture.php

A few words on CFL seed run:
Seeds were dark, small and with even darker mottled pattern. Germination was uneven and slow. Started under 12/12 in october.

picture.php

Start of february first round of ripe achenes was shaken off. They fell out freely, indicating some level of “wild” traits. Smell, when shaking was quite nice.

picture.php

picture.php

(Small: Cannabis a complete guide)

Doing the experiment mentioned few pages back with jute sack cloth and old cotton sheets as a medium to hold pots together but allow the roots to grow more freely. More on that in a month.
picture.php

Rosomah

Update on the Mulkharka/Pisang populations:
Plants were harvested and hung to dry in a cold dark space. Than i sort of forgot about it untill february. Flowers and leaves were pulled off branches and frozen with dry ice.
Got 65g of achenes. Tested a few, they are viable.
Extract is strongly on the CBD side

Attachments

• photo2027992.png
    photo2027992.png
    398.3 KB · Views: 39
  • photo2027993.png
    photo2027993.png
    424.3 KB · Views: 28
  • photo2027994.png
    photo2027994.png
    425.9 KB · Views: 30