What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jamaican, dub stylee

JCF

Tagging along

Tagging along

At 19 weeks I still have 3 Double Jams going although they are showing signs of finishing up. The Blue Mountain types make some crazy large buds. Here is one of them that is still going

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=84137&pictureid=2114097&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

The Blue Mountain phenos are strong in this line. I didnt get many Lambsbread types in the seeds I made so I dont know if I will mess with this line again. We'll see how the cure goes. I am still holding out hope that one of the long flower plants will have the effect I am looking for. The Blue Mountain types have a heavy effect for me and not really what I am looking for right now. I would still like to find the old Lambsbread and give it a try.

My Ethiopian Highlands have started flower and I also have a Landrace from Mozambique along with some Ace Lebanese from some really tasty Lemon and Sweet Candy Hash phenos I had last time. Those two phenos were super fast and finished in 50 days so I am really interested to see if the mothers passed on those traits.

I will start new threads on those when they get farther along if anyone wants to tag along

Rem- I'm tagging along. Great read. thanks.

Rembetis

Still going with two at 20 weeks. One is a Blue Mountain type that just keeps getting bigger buds.

The other is the a wild long flower type that looks like it will go for awhile longer

Also smoke tested another of the 17 week buds. Dried only, no cure to speak of. This strain has a lot of power to her. Very long lasting. It is also heavy which I think speaks to its power. It is most definitely Sativa but I cant say that it is a clear type high at all. It is so relaxing that I want to doze off. I do get sweet dreams and when I close my eyes while listening to music I get all kinds of dancing images in my head. I also get some of the off balance drunken stumbling with this smoke.

Still looking for more of an up, energetic or electric high. I have only experienced the brain tickle once so far with this strain

Rembetis

The next run is underway while we wait for the Jamaicans to finish

Fat leaves are Ace Lebanese on the left, Ethiopian Highland is already flowering on the right and several dozen Malberry Mozambique Land Race in the foreground to sort thru. Also planted a few Cherry Malawi to have a look at that line.

Rembetis

Rolandomota, I may have to try that one if I can find time. Like many people here I have too many lines in my freezer that need to be looked at.

The Mozambique I am growing is one that gives the heart racing effect and clear but it needs selection. I thought I would plant a few this time to have another look at them and think about what selections to make next time.

Rembetis

Dwarf Jamaican

Dwarf Jamaican

So here is an odd little pheno that I didnt talk about before. I had 4 of them in the beginning. I had turned the lights down to a shorter cycle in order to stop the stretch so I had assumed that was the reason for them not getting bigger.

I had several recently in the batch of volunteers in the bottom of the Double Jam pots. The others were male so I pulled them. I thought she was a regular seedling but over time she has remained small like the ones before. They are easy to spot early on because they have a strong Jamaican look the them. They top out at 2 to 3 feet and they are more columnar in growth. The leaves stay small and they finished at 11 to 14 weeks.

This plant has me thinking about future possibilities. It would be perfect for sea of green and it is a great alternative to a tent full of monsters, Coincidentally, the plant that gave me the brain tickle was the dwarf I cut down early to make room in the tent. If this little girl has the same power then I can see a big pheno hunt in the near future

Last edited:

Rembetis

Small leaf plants in Jamaica

Small leaf plants in Jamaica

Funny how timing works out sometimes. This photo just appeared in an article in The Daily Mail concerning Ganja problems in Jamaica. Gypsy has posted the story in the news section.

Look closely at the plants in front of the man. Notice the size of the leaves in relation to the height of the plants. They are most definitely the small leaf type and they show the typical old style Jamaican leaf which as I mentioned previously was known to have 5 blades.

As you can see on the right side there are plants that have what I am sure most of us would agree are more typical sized leaves. The small leaved plants also dont show much in the way of large side branches.

This new photo gives me hope that I have made some sort of progress in trying to separate out more of the old Jamaican line

My friends arent too far from where this was taken so I am going to reach out and see if they can come up with anything. I will post if they do

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts