What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pineapples Oaxacan Thread

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
great work PP and Koondense! No wonder you decided to keep that male PP, that guy looks angry hehe

Thanks elanius! :)

Yes that male has some kind of a angry dangerous look, hope it isn't the super heart racing panic attack pheno. I think i'll pop a few more HS Seeds, as it seems a good amount of the 100 i've tried to germ won't pop. Right now 34 Seedlings are alive and well.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
My Hawaiian Sativa Tripod male, didn't gave him much attention for a while. Keep in mind, it's still on 18/6, so would probably easily reach the ceiling when switching to 12/12 or 11/13. :)

picture.php
picture.php

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
So a good amount of Hawaiian Sativa seedlings are up and alive. I have to hold them in the RW Cubes a few days more, next week someone from the energy company will come to read off the numbers from all the heaters, then i can transplant them. :)

picture.php

Koondense

Veteran
Hi little Hawaiians(said the old Double Oaxacans)!

DOAX#1, my favorite so far
picture.php

DOAX#2, similar to #4 but more resinous
picture.php

DOAX#3, similar in terpenes to #1 but lower more bushy structure
picture.php

Harvesting soon :)

Cheers

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Damn Koondense, you really know how to let them shine, amazing work on these. They're so resinous, it's crazy. The CBG Oaxaca'79S1 really have boosted the resin production, and the LED's seems to bring it out a lot. :)

Koondense

Veteran
Thanks PP,
I'm a bit sorry they had such low temperatures during flowering, which drastically decreased the yield...otherwise these plants are real stunners. The aroma on #1 and #3 are amazing, the #2 and #4 have some rubber, fuel and blueberry aromas. Will be able to tell more after some proper smoking, looking forward to it :)

Cheers

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Thanks PP,
I'm a bit sorry they had such low temperatures during flowering, which drastically decreased the yield...otherwise these plants are real stunners. The aroma on #1 and #3 are amazing, the #2 and #4 have some rubber, fuel and blueberry aromas. Will be able to tell more after some proper smoking, looking forward to it :)

Cheers

Well, at least the low temperature brought out some amazing colors, should give you enough for a good smoke test i guess. These need a good long cure to shine i guess, im curing my Double Oaxaca buds since around 2 month i think, and it improved a lot over the last weeks. :)

I still have a good amount of Oaxaca'79SKULL buds i've harvested last August, they have amazing aromas. The buds itself smelling like a mix of fruity berry licorice, pine needles and some other wood aromas i would say. When burning a Joint it stinks hefty like incense and pine needles with others notes i can't define exactly, but it stinks great and stays pretty long in the air. I guess crossing a Oaxaca'79SKULL with my Cherry Fire Pie OG male could give some super hefty stinky Plants with a good yield. :D

Koondense

Veteran
Double Oaxacan #1 at harvest ;)

picture.php

picture.php

Low temperatures surely bring out lovely autumn colors, happened on all 4 of my plants. The #1(beanstalk) is my favorite, #3(bushy) is second. Lovely trerpenes, fresh lemons, pines, roses and cream.
Mammamia!

Cheers

P.S.
Sadly the clones will probably not make it, the rock wool sucks and I'll never use it again.

Don Rille

Looks beautiful Koondense! I can't wait to harvest mine.

I can also confirm the fresh lemons smell on my Double Oaxaca #1.

How does your beanstalk pheno exactly smell? Also the lemon smell?

And how much flower times did yours get?

Koondense

Veteran
Thanks a lot :)
The smells are varying slightly, not all over the place but #4 is the most "indica" smelling with some rubber, pine and earth added to the lemony fresh base which is present in all plants. The beanstalk is the most fruity sweet, tropical and refreshing smell of all, the #3 is the liquorice type candied lemon peel. Can't wait to smoke them :)
The finishing times are pretty early, 8 weeks is good enough for harvest, 9 is perfect and 10 is pushing them.

Cheers

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Some hefty colorful buds Koondense, good to hear your flowering time for reference, 8 weeks is fast for sure. :)

Here pictures of the Purple Oaxaca'79SKULL grown by Vermontman

picture.php
picture.php

Here a picture of the green line/phenotype
picture.php

Yours fits a lot the Purple Oaxaca'79SKULL in my eyes, but with more blown up calyxes and more resin from the CBG Oaxaca'79S1 side, also i wasn't able to find lemon terps on the Oaxaca'79SKULL on it's own, so coming also the from the CBG Oaxaca'79S1 side. So all in all i think both lines crosses together gives a nice mix. The funny thing is, Vermontman never gave me the Purple Oaxaca'79SKULL line, just the green line. But as he said the purple phenotypes started to show first when he switched to LED some years ago it seems to be more a LED and low temp thing i guess.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Reminds me of some pre 80's Thai...beautiful plant....abit off subject but do you mind giving some details on the finished product from your point of view please pineapple punch (if youve checked it out)....iv never really tried this...thanks

Well, i would say the Hawaiian Sativa has a very clear headed high, on some phenos a almost cold clinic clearheaded type of high. There was one pheno i had which was the strongest stuff i've smoked till now, extremely heart racing for a hour, at the same time extremely clear but with that cold feeling.

It started like a cold rush over my back, then you notice how your heart is beating faster and faster, gave me a hefty panic attack always when i tried this pheno(3 times). Never had a panic attack before or after smoking that stuff.

There are more friendly warm phenos which i like more, but that other pheno was the strongest i ever had, even stronger as the Nevilles A5 Haze i've smoked once in Amsterdam, which was a few tokes hit and quit weed.