What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KUMAONI RSC

RSC site doesn’t report feminized Kumaoni, but I got as freebies from Sensible. 420 promo for ACE got me these, plus Sinai, Syria and Iran, all fems, though fems not found anywhere.
Can’t get an answer as to where they came from, so thinking their project???
These 2 plants look nothing like any Kumaoni pictures that I’ve seen. Aside from that, I guess it could be an Indica dominant plant, as it never grew tall and lanky and instead got these wonderful giant baseball size buds. The smell is characteristic of Kumaoni. Buds so big 2 got Bud rot, but carved those out and it won’t effect yield much. I’ve just never seen any pictures of plants looking like this. Cut 1 at 10 1/2 weeks due to rot, but other is OK and tricomes are milky with only 5-10% amber. Will like to go 25% amber, so we’ll see.
Any comments/advice sought as this is my 1st Kumaoni.
Peace

That's pretty weird Scrogmeister, wonder what those are?

Mystery, as they didn’t turn out to be the loose, resinous buds, accustomed to humidity as reported. Instead, big fist size buds, with numerous colas xs 8g. Hang dried arms at 70 & 50% for 6 full days, yielding +4z. Curing big colas always more challenging for me. Prefer walnut size buds, but practice makes perfect(and not leaving out too long when airing while sampling...) and thankfully no rush due to inventory

no idea what these are

we don't feminize any of our landrace seeds

unless otherwise stated in the strain description, everything is direct from farmers
I've read the RSC blog=LANDRACES: 10 FALSE CLAIMS FROM PAGE 1 OF GOOGLE.
Can this be a Kum variant that's more indica that someone femanized? Problem though is that the bud structure, density and bud rot problem, isn't consistent with Kum description. Any tell tale signs or clearly not Kum characteristics ?

burningfire

Veteran
That looks nothing like i would expect the Kumaoni to look, one possibility is that they're just putting random seeds as freebies or that they made fem seeds by using pollen from a super skunk female or something.. the structure doesn't make me think Himalayan at all.

ngakpa

Veteran
Looks like I need 15 more posts until I can upload more pics

whatever you have got, it's not been created or collected by us

curious to see photos when you can upload them

I welcome people using these plants for breeding btw, so it's fine by me, as long as it's clear what the plants are and that they're not pristine landraces

I needed to post more so I could add photos, which worked, for a grow journal I'm doing.
BTW, whatever bud this is, it's impressive, though not true K characteristics. Ill post a few pics later today.

Land

Indian Himalayan Kumaoni Seed Reproduction

Indian Himalayan Kumaoni Seed Reproduction

High percentage of males, approximately 60%. The shorter darker green faster flowering females had less aroma than the taller larger lighter green with broader leaved phenos which had the best aroma and resin production.

Hey Land, how long did these go for again? Nice work as always.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Like many people I got these as freebies, but I am in two minds as to whether to grow them or not. It's the only variety I have that is likely to have decent CBD content and for that reason alone I may grow them.

What's putting me off is the mixed reviews I read about the high. Some say it's quite good, others not so much. Any info on the high would be appreciated.

meizzwang

High percentage of males, approximately 60%.

Had the same experience, very high ratio of males to females with Kumaoni. This suggests it's not just the luck of the draw, it's gotta be a genetic tendency in the line. Still very much worth growing in my opinion.

In case you missed the pic in the other thread, here's Kumaoni (best clone) x manipuri, smells mouth watering, like a spicy manipuri!
50665658117_28d5fa4137_c.jpg

PaulMtree

I've got two majestic Kumaoni in the garden that seem to be in the home stretch. Are these ready to harvest?
These are gorgeous plants. I grew several RSC selections this year and this was takes the prize on looks.
Delete 001.JPG