What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Columbian Gold 72

funkyhorse

After 11 weeks of being in the 1,3 liter pot, the phillotaxy plant has reached 20 cms height and I just transplanted to a 5 liter pot hoping it would improve root and vigor so I can send her to the flower room for sexing. It split itself

picture.php

Boocoodinkydow

NON-SMOKING “SMOKE REPORT”

I got really stoned once early in the 1970’s on Colombian Gold. It lasted about 10 years!! Landing a government position required abstinence however.

When I rediscovered cannabis in 2015 in an attempt to ease the symptoms of PTSD, I was so hoping that I could replicate that beautiful picture my mind was painting of that era. After 5 years of constant gardening and sampling nearly 30 different strains, my utopia remained elusive.

Last year, I was ecstatic to score some CG72 seeds from USC. Could this possibly be my Eureka? After 3 1/2 agonizing months, my first plant “flowered”. 2 weeks later, I harvested it. (More on that early harvest in a bit)

I’ve recently embarked upon my 73rd glorious trip around the sun. A lifetime of hard work and even harder play without observing proper safety precautions has left me with a pulmonary system incapable of smoking anything with any efficacy. My modality of choice these days is “DinkyDow Dust”. A size 1 capsule loosely filled with decarbed, finely ground material has proven to be an adequate dose for my needs.

While I haven’t experienced a “What a Beautiful World” type of day, the experience has been most pleasant! An astutely increased sense of awareness of life around me has been amazing. An intense, clear-headed focus of incidental things brings a new light to matters that generally escaped my notice. I found myself deeply pondering things of significance that would normally garner no attention at all.

Without notice, I occasionally track through an area of town in which I was raised in my early years.This past week while traveling through the area, recollections of times past were everywhere I looked; my elementary school, the church I attended, the street corner I experienced my first fight and on and on. It was amazing the things that were popping into my mind that I hadn’t thought of in decades.

I’ve learned my new found treasure has been most advantageous for socializing, as well. For years my speech has been broken and slow while my mind plays “search-a-word”. It has become such a problem I refrain from engaging in conversation. Now, I find myself mentally fluid and my speech follows suit. Very refreshing!!

I suffer from extreme anxiety and often find heavy sativas counterproductive to my needs. Yesterday, I found myself in an environment that would normally evoke anxious feelings. Surprisingly, I weathered the experience with only minor negative effects.

The one negative I’ll have to aver is the fact that this is not complimentary to achieving manual tasks. I don’t sense any type of body buzz as such but I’m just not mentally motivated to get off my ass and get to work on some, perhaps, undesirable projects staring me in the face.

To be continued....... (pardon my lack of brevity)

BCDD

Last edited:

Im'One

I got really stoned once early in the 1970’s on Colombian Gold. It lasted about 10 years!! Landing a government position required abstinence however.

When I rediscovered cannabis in 2015 in an attempt to ease the symptoms of PTSD, I was so hoping that I could replicate that beautiful picture my mind was painting of that era. After 5 years of constant gardening and sampling nearly 30 different strains, my utopia remained elusive.

Last year, I was ecstatic to score some CG72 seeds from USC. Could this possibly be my Eureka? After 3 1/2 agonizing months, my first plant “flowered”. 2 weeks later, I harvested it. (More on that early harvest in a bit)

I’ve recently embarked upon my 73rd glorious trip around the sun. A lifetime of hard work and even harder play without observing proper safety precautions has left me with a pulmonary system incapable of smoking anything with any efficacy. My modality of choice these days is “DinkyDow Dust”. A size 1 capsule loosely filled with decarbed, finely ground material has proven to be an adequate dose for my needs.

While I haven’t experienced a “What a Beautiful World” type of day, the experience has been most pleasant! An astutely increased sense of awareness of life around me has been amazing. An intense, clear-headed focus of incidental things brings a new light to matters that generally escaped my notice. I found myself deeply pondering things of significance that would normally garner no attention at all.

Without notice, I occasionally track through an area of town in which I was raised in my early years.This past week while traveling through the area, recollections of times past were everywhere I looked; my elementary school, the church I attended, the street corner I experienced my first fight and on and on. It was amazing the things that were popping into my mind that I hadn’t thought of in decades.

I’ve learned my new found treasure has been most advantageous for socializing, as well. For years my speech has been broken and slow while my mind plays “search-a-word”. It has become such a problem I refrain from engaging in conversation. Now, I find myself mentally fluid and my speech follows suit. Very refreshing!!

I suffer from extreme anxiety and often find heavy sativas counterproductive to my needs. Yesterday, I found myself in an environment that would normally evoke anxious feelings. Surprisingly, I weathered the experience with only minor negative effects.

The one negative I’ll have to aver is the fact that this is not complimentary to achieving manual tasks. I don’t sense any type of body buzz as such but I’m just not mentally motivated to get off my ass and get to work on some, perhaps, undesirable projects staring me in the face.

BCDD

I have some and have not ran them, I remember the CG the same way and hope mine has the same effect. I also have a mangobiche from Columbia and some Columbia red crosses. I'm now looking to purchase the Columbia black, or a cross that runs close.

funkyhorse

Some update
Out of the 9 plants, so far I have 1 male and 4 girls showed sex, one of them today. This strain is very slow to sex, it takes more than 60 days and even up to 90 days for them to show themselves. I have 4 more plants taking their sweet time to develop and show sex, one of them is the famous whorled phillotaxy individual, picture from today
Cg72 filotaxia (2).jpeg

There is variability in the strain, some are bushy and others branchy. Very different from the Coljam grown last year
These are the first 2 girls, #1 is growing branchy and tall, the second girl is more like a bush, they are just growing their first pistils, nothing to see yet
Fem 1 growing tall, already over 2 meters
Cg72 fem.jpeg

Fem 2 is about 1 meter tall
Cg72 fem 2.jpeg

Have a nice weekend everyone

Montuno

...como el Son...
Was the underground seeds/tropicalseeds/jgl cg72 from vibes collective then?

Anyone know where world of seeds got theirs

​​​​​

Heh, heh, heh... According to W.O.S. they were given to him by some "Indians" who, at the time, received them from, no less, Simon Bolivar...
No need to add more...

funkyhorse

After the equinox all plants have shown sex outdoors, over 60 days up to 90 days needed for them to sex
I have 1 male and 8 girls
The male is very resinous, he looks like Madmac Ohz boys
This is a failed attempt at cloning him, I have one more cut which looks more promising, but you can see the resin on this boy with your naked eye
Cg72 male.jpeg

The girls show different phenos
This is CG72 fem 1, I call it Punto Rojo pheno, it is branchy and very stretchy and looks like Ohz. It is 2,5 meter high at the moment, the tallest of all girls so far. I just uppotted recently to 20 liter pots after showing sex during last week, they all were in 5 liter pots until sexing
Cg72 punto rojo feno.jpeg

This is girl #4, red stem pheno
Cg72 red stem feno.jpeg
Cg72 red stem pheno.jpeg

Cg72 fem 5, 7, 8. Girls 7 and 8 have same structure like the boy
Cg72 fem 5, 7, 8.jpeg

This is the whorled phillotaxy girl. She is #6. Together with #4 they are the bushy phenos which seem to go faster
Cg72 filotaxia (3).jpeg
Cg72 filotaxia (4).jpeg

Have a nice weekend everybody

Montuno

...como el Son...
funkyhorse , podrías comentarme (o derivarme a donde lo comentases, en su momento) tus experiencias sobre ColJam?: Tiempo de floración y tipo de efecto (tienen o no un final "pesado" algunos ejemplares, como algun@s comentan?... En concreto me refiero a la 2da versión, en la que la ColJam se retrocruzó con la colombiana, que es la que puedo obtener ahora via Tropical Seeds Company.
También será interesante seguir viendo sus diferencias con la Colombian Gold en si misma, durante tu actual cultivo.

Mucha salud y mucha suerte.

funkyhorse , could you comment me (or refer me to where you commented it, at the time) your experiences about ColJam: flowering time and type of effect (do some specimens have or not a "heavy" end, as some comment?..... In particular I refer to the 2nd version, in which the ColJam was backcrossed with the Colombian, which is the one I can get now via Tropical Seeds Company.
It will also be interesting to see how it differs from the Colombian Gold itself during your current cultivation.

Best of health and best of luck.

funkyhorse

Hola Montuno
Yo le pregunté a Charles Darweed en su momento si sabia cual era la version que me estaba vendiendo y su respuesta fue que no sabia que habia dos versiones.
Tengo dos packs de segunda version confirmada que las consegui a traves de Tristan que me merece mi mayor confianza pues todo lo que cultivé que viene de él es legitimo y tiene mucho conocimiento de la historia. Lo de Charles seguro es legitimo pero él de la historia de las semillas no se si sabe mucho o lo que sabe es de segunda mano pues no estuvo presente en esos tiempos
Mi pregunta sería: como es que Charles ahora sabe que version de Coljam es lo que ofrece? Lo que sabía cuando pregunté es que son semillas viejas que quedaron de la epoca de la colaboracion entre USC y TSCo y él de esa epoca lo unico que sabe a ciencia cierta y puedo confirmartelo con mi propia experiencia es que las semillas se preservaron con muy pocos cuidados y se nota en la germinacion(66%), en otros casos mucho peor porcentaje. Cuando se la compre al poco tiempo se acabó y ahora veo que está de vuelta en oferta. Entonces yo no se si lo que me vendio en su momento y lo que está ofreciendo ahora son la misma version o la misma semilla.

Lo que cultive el año pasado vino de Charles y vino de Londres un pack rotulado CG72 que resulto ser lo mismo que lo que me vendio Charles. Y ninguna de las fuentes de las semillas me pudo confirmar que version es, hasta que no cultive las que me vendió Tristan( 40% mas barato que el precio de oferta del outlet de Charles) no lo voy a poder saber, las plantas hablan.

Cultive Coljam de semilla y de clon. Tuve mejor resultado en maceta de 20 litros que en 10, no hablo de cantidad sino de calidad, en los mismos sustratos y en el mismo medioambiente

Fue lo que mas me gustó de lo que cultivé el año pasado. Es muy distinta de CG72. Los machos Coljam que tuve llegaron a 3 metros de altura en maceta de 20 lts, con tu estilo pulpo de cultivo esta genetica va genial.
Me gustó mucho mas lo que obtuve en exteriores que en interiores. Pienso que todas estas geneticas colombianas son de exteriores. 14 semanas en interiores de semilla. De clon mitad en interiores y la otra mitad en exteriores las tuve 14/15 semanas florando en total dependiendo el clon y para probar si cortas antes o despues cambia algo y la verdad es que no cambia nada, me dio el mismo colocon si la corte en 102 dias, 105 o 112 dias. Saqué las plantas a exteriores a mediados/fin de febrero(tu agosto) con 45 dias de flora en interiores y anduvo de lujo. Este año intenté lo mismo y en la misma epoca del año con la Seedsman Hz y la Ohz 90s y me fue mal. La mayoria de las plantas revegetaron y volvieron a florar despues del equinoccio de otoño, lo mismo CG72. Coljam como THH a fines de febrero no pararon de florar. Y entre Coljam y Tom Hill Haze me inclino por THH, pero tengo que probar mas ejemplares de Coljam como para confirmartelo
2 horas de colocon que tienen un final no tan pesado como cuentan pero sí tiene cierta pesadez final que me hizo recordar al hash libanes de los 80's, pero tampoco es que te deja con el culo pesado que no puedes moverte del sillon como con esas geneticas afganas narcoticas que estan tan de moda

La voy a cultivar de nuevo con mas ejemplares para ver las diferencias de fenotipo y chequear el tema versiones pues está muy complicado saber a ciencia cierta que version se ofrece de cada genetica, la trazabilidad en el mundo del cannabis deja muchisimo que desear

Espero que te sirva y cualquier consulta a las ordenes, me voy a polinizar alguna hembra con el polen que acabo de recoger del macho CG72. En mi medioambiente, tanto Coljam como CG72 superfirmes sexualmente. Plantas felices
Que tengas un día agradable y feliz y disfruta tu primavera, se ve preciosa tu sierra y tu medioambiente, debe ser el ultimo refugio de vida silvestre en el continente europeo.
Pd:El aceite de oliva que haces es para tu propio consumo o para vender?

Montuno

...como el Son...
Holaaa, funkyhorse

...Lo de la "nueva" (segunda?) versión de ColJam y su retrocuze colombiano lo declara la descripción de Tropical Seeds Company, creo dada por JahGreenLabel (?).
En cuanto a Charles Darweed, creo que el y Sr.Bogavant fueron los últimos criadores que se incorporaron a TSCo, pero si quieres puedo inquirirle más sobre el tema, pues tengo cierta confianza con él (quien de todas formas, como también lo son Kaiki o Dubi en sus compañías, es una persona muy accesible)... Cierto que suena curioso...pero investigando un poco por la red, he encontrado confusión sobre el tema hasta por un propio miembro de USC (Cristalin) como aquí:
​​​​https://www.opengrow.com/topic/52479...read-question/

Y mil gracias por tus comentarios! No se si me animaré a cojerla (creo que son 10 semillas por 27 o por 22 € en TSCo.....donde la encontraste más barata?).

Sigo con interés tu cultivo; y vuelvo a desearte salud y suerte, que eso nunca sobra.
​​​​

Pd: Las aceitunas las entrego a algún molino de alguna cooperativa agrícola: ellos son los que muelen, extraen y envasan el aceite (o lo compran compañías italianas que lo reetiquetan como producto italiano de lujo). A mi me pagan en dinero y/o aceite de oliva virgen extra (las aceitunas recogidas del árbol) o de calidad inferior ("lampante") si se recogieron del suelo...

Pd2: funkyhorse, Europa aun guarda grandes maravillas naturales, o al menos España.. Mira lo que se grabo apenas 3 semanas atrás muy, muy cerquita de mi casa, en la dehesa del valle ("dehesa" aqui, es como la "sabana" en África):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KGAYioCGHBM

funkyhorse

Acabo de chequear el sitio de TSCo y Coljam ha sido dada de baja, te cuento que chequee el sitio ayer para ver novedades y me escandalice cuando vi Double Zamal en venta x 100 euros las 10 semillas regulares de repro y me fui. Entre al outlet a ver que habia y Coljam ayer estaba, pero no lei ni entré en Coljam y cuando la compré no estaba nada claro que version era
Es increible lo rapido que las geneticas desaparecen de los sitios en el mundo cannabico
Chequea en cannabisonline si aun estan disponibles. Este es el listado de la genetica del foro de ellos, te queda a 17 euros el pack y es un precio que me parece justo y que gracias a él, en el tercer mundo aun podemos acceder a genetica decente a precios accesibles al bolsillo tercermundista y no gilipolleces como 100 euros las 10 semillas regulares de reproduccion.
Por mis pagos hay que mamar mucha polla por esa pasta y es realmente una falta de respeto los precios solicitados por una repro. Estas son originales y cada dia que pasa las semillas originales se convierten en mas raras

Alguien tiene una explicacion logica de por que las semillas originales son mas baratas que una reproduccion???
UNDERGROUND SEEDS (25% solicitalo)

10 semillas REG :

Afghanchitral -----------------------22.50€
Durganchitral -----------------------22.50€
Cheesetral --------------------------22.50€
Coljam ------------------------------22.50€
Jamaican Kush.....................22.50€
Ducksfoot...........................22.50€
Nepalma............................22.50

Montuno

...como el Son...
Cierto, funkyhorse ! : o ya han agotado las ColJam que tuvieran, o fue un error de la web (?)... Creo que estaban a 22'7 €, y no 27...

Oye, estas seguro de lo de las Doble Zamal a 100 €? Yo siempre las vi a 60 o 70 €...

Siguió pendiente de tu cultivo: tengo también una Dorada de Santa Marta x O. Haze vuelta a retrocruzar con la colombiana de MadMac (aunque no se si en lugar de ser la colombiana de JahGreenLabel, U.S.C. y T.S.Co., es la de Referman, de la que algunos comentan que en realidad seria una Lemon Thai (?).... Vamos, que aun no se que 3 variedades pondré esta temporada...

Salud!

funkyhorse

Hola Montuno
El precio es 27 y centavos de todo el outlet
Si no consigues en España la Coljam, si tienes paciencia me mandas un mensaje privado con tu direccion y te mando alguna semilla original y algo de mi repro que no es nada profesional ni glamoroso. Tambien cruce Coljam con un macho chocolate Thai que salio de casualidad sativa y ese cruce me tiene curioso, algo bueno de eso tiene que salir. Ese macho Chocolate Thai ha levantado mucho la NL5Xh 91 que es demasiado indica para mi gusto, al menos lo que Charles me vendio, a mi me interesan los fenos sativa de larga floracion de esa genetica
Al menos hasta anteayer el precio de las Double Zamal era 100 euros y el precio te incluye un pack de regalo de nepal highland x Zamal en el que no estoy interesado. Estan en el sector Vip con precios super Vip

Las Lemon Thai que he tenido que son una repro de las de Dutch Flowers no se parecen en nada a genetica colombiana. Son plantas y geneticas indica. El feno sativa de la Lemon Thai te deja despues del efecto sativa el culo mucho mas pesado que Coljam. Esa Santa Marta x Ohaze de MadMac yo la cultivaria sin dudarlo, estoy haciendo algo parecido con la CG72 buscando vigor hibrido colombiano. Estoy cruzando la CG72, la Colombiana Negra de la cuenca del Orinoco y las dos lineas de Original Haze entre si, tambien una colombiana negra bastarda que tiene mucha mas pinta de Haze que la colombiana negra.

Montuno

...como el Son...
Muchas gracias por tu ofrecimiento, funkyhorse , pero este año tengo bastantes semillas y variedades como para seguir aún dudando en las puertas de Mayo. Yo no cultivo más de 3-4 plantas al año...Pero para la siguiente temporada podemos hablar... Si te interesa como dices el lado más sativa de la Nl5/Haze, yo tengo la Extreme Haze de Tropical Seeds (el feno más sativo de esa Nl5/H aka "Extreme Haze" X el feno "verde claro" de Oldtimers Haze...

De MadMac pondré una seguro: si no pongo directamente el cruce de colombiana y haze es por que no se si es la de Referman, y si esta ultima es buena... Dudo entre O.Haze, y O.Haze ("the best") x The Doors, por si la primera fuese demasiado tardía para mi clima (39°N, 900 mts altitud): los mejores inviernos puedo cultivar hasta (aprox) hasta la primera semana de Enero, pero los peores no puedo pasar de la primera de Diciembre...

Salud y gracias!

romanoweed

BCDD

wonderful to hear that.

I ike that Side of cannabis to, it shows you something that is of own Quality. You can see, sense, or hallucinate things that arent there before. It can enrich you. I also found a old pure Sativa even made me more sociable, atleast this one single time i was getting that Weed. And thats whats its all about for me. I smoked Hybrids for Years, cause i had no choice, nothing pure around. And it didnt help or give me much.

These Columbian72, theyre good. Old lines give you much more then new ones IMHO. If i would be you, i would make Seeds trough open polination. Store it right. Its a sweet Line.

I had the best experience with SE Asians, they even KIND OF made me Active. I rather call it driven, cause i dont know if i could really decide to do something and then infact do it, or would i get lost in enjoying the Effects, by wandering around, watching the World. But i was driven, and shurely not anxious hyding at home.

Nice to hear how it helped going out, party weed is what i need so much aswell. Or should i call it an experience on its own? A spiritual, magic encounter ? Shure it is. Weed is a wonderfull Substance, just so rare to find magic weed.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ You got that right romanoweed! I think in honor of you I will pop 5 Cambodian seeds I have, to include with my present grow.

For Boocoodinkydow you can smoke without inhaling and get high. Hold the hit in your mouth a bit and slowly let it out of your nose. You will get high but it may take a bit more smoke to get the effect you want. There is no rush as opposed to inhaling which will make your heart beat quick. More gentle effect but good enough, I do both inhaling and not, depending on how I feel. Look into DHEA for copd help.

For non hip guys boocoo is big and dinkydow is crazy. You numba one!!

Last edited:

Boocoodinkydow

BCDD

NOW FOR THE REST OF THE STORY......

I’ve been a bit reluctant to proceed with this addendum. Sharing findings that are discovered while traveling a new path are often viewed with skepticism and, even worse, met with rebuke when they cross the lines of long time, widely accepted perceptions. I’ll simply share my experience with hope that some find it credible enough to give it a try if the opportunity presents itself. For those so entrenched in common, unquestioned perception that you’re incapable of wrapping your mind around an alternate possibility, I understand. Just please be kind and ignore what I’m about to share and move on. I’m not looking for confrontation.

The reason I harvested this plant so soon after it showed sex was because it was a MALE! Yes, these beautiful rides I’ve been taking daily for the last few weeks have been thanks to harvesting the normally discarded, lowly male plant! DON’T DIS’ THE DUDES, DUDES! There’s goodness to be had there. I definitely wouldn’t advocate smoking these pollen laden reapings but in the form of “dinkydow dust” this male plant has offered some insanely potent and long lasting pleasurable effects. I’ve now decreased my once per day dose to a lightly tamped size 4 capsule. I haven’t weighed it yet but my guess is I’m ingesting less than 50mg of dust and getting amazing results.

After an excruciatingly long 3+ months waiting for sex, I just couldn’t in good conscience waste all that time without at least endeavoring to salvage something. I devoted minimal time to harvest; simply stripping the “flowered” stems between my fingers and reaping nanners, sugar leaves and minor fans. It was just a shot in the dark that definitely turned into something very positive. I can’t begin to offer molecular reasoning surrounding this experience since THC and other cannabinoids are relatively sparse in males. I’ll simply pass it off as a situation that in spite of all the testing that’s been done, we still don’t know what we don’t know about the goodness this plant has to offer!!

BCDD

Boocoodinkydow

^^ You got that right romanoweed! I think in honor of you I will pop 5 Cambodian seeds I have, to include with my present grow.

For Boocoodinkydow you can smoke without inhaling and get high. Hold the hit in your mouth a bit and slowly let it out of your nose. You will get high but it may take a bit more smoke to get the effect you want. There is no rush as opposed to inhaling which will make your heart beat quick. More gentle effect but good enough, I do both inhaling and not, depending on how I feel. Look into DHEA for copd help.

For non hip guys boocoo is big and dinkydow is crazy. You numba one!!

Just right, Yesum. Curious how you possess this knowledge?!? Viet vet, perchance?

Vietnam was occupied by France for nearly 150 years prior to us stumbling through the country. There was some “meshing” of the two languages and this is one of those instances. Beaucoup was French meaning many or a lot. The Vietnamese twisted it a bit to mean big or much or very and mated it to “Dien-Cai-Dao”, a phrase in their language meaning crazy. It was primarily used as a derogatory term directed at the American and especially the Australian troops. We wore it well and often used it jokingly referencing each other. We quickly dumped the foreign bullshit and started using the more simplistic phonetic spelling and pronunciation of Boocoo Dinky Dow.

After 2 combat tours in the Nam, being dismissed from the USPS after 27 years for “going postal” and deemed 100% disabled for PTSD by the VA, I couldn’t think of a more appropriate moniker!!

BCDD