What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are the best African landraces?

Hempy McNoodle

About to try some APMG via RSC Soon And it’s been a lovely few months.
Using periodic supplemental UVA/b And co2 saturation to see if I can Jack up the thcV molecule production
Really want to try The mulanje Malawi highland heirloom and Zamal, and Kilimanjaro but seems like it’s mostly been. hybridized If you find it at all these days

Hey Edenenvy, what do you plan on using for additional UV?

Mallitlahuani

Sudanese landrace, dwarf Sativa

intense aniseed and "liqueur" aromas

Looking like a rocket ship with that central cola dominance, and surprisingly thick bud for such thin leaves, the seeds seem to indicate that is a pure landrace because of the lack of stripes

grayeyes

For anyone asking RSC's Malawi Gold is definitely the real thing. I broke a top off at 14 weeks and dried it. When I smoke it I am lost for about 2 hours.

herblux

Got 4/5 TRSC Sudanese to pop within a couple of days sowing :rtfo:

Got 3 Sudanese outdoors in central Europe. Sowed June 1st they are now sexing.
Let's see if we can get lucky up here due to the semi-auto traits mentioned in the description. They better start flowering soon, or they won't get near finishing. End of October is the cut off date more or less, depending on how they take cold humid climate...RSC Lebanese finished here 3rd week of October last year with the odd spot botrytis creeping in on some plants during the last week in said cold humid conditions.

One short lady and two taller unsexed ones. Plagued by snails:
SudJul31.jpg

grayeyes

I gave in and finally harvested my RSC Malawi gold at 21 weeks. It wasn't really ripe but had started to grow more buds on top of what had grown. I will try and let it cure for the 7 weeks someone mentioned. I had planned on making some cobs but right now I don't have a means to keep them warm to begin that process.

Lebanizer

Are there any seed companies that offer real African landrace seeds like the Real Seed Company? RSC's Sinai is the only one I can think of.

Sinai should really be classified as an Middle Eastern strain rather than African. Usually when people say "African" what is usually intended is "Subsaharian" (or "Tropical African" if you prefer). RSC also has a new one called Sudanese which should fit the bill as a genuine African landrace.