What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamal Landraces from the island of Reunion

LostTribe

Premium user
First posted this in the Zamaldelica thread which is more active but Reunion Island is in the process of switching it's sugar cane fields with industrial hemp. We can say zamal landrace is in critical danger and those who still got old beans would be wise to make a repro.
Article (in French)
https://www.newsweed.fr/la-reunion-se-met-au-chanvre-industriel/

Thats absolutely terrible. Someone jump on a plane and bring back everything you can find!

Rajas

Premium user
Hi,
yes a long flowering period not related to the photoperiod (constant ~12/12h), practically a 'lazy' autoflowering

:tiphat:

Do they 100% all autoflower? Would be a nice trait in northern climate to start flower early to give them a chance to ripe!

How is the smoke of zamal?
I heard of really strong psycedelic effects and soft social effects, too.

Do they 100% all autoflower? Would be a nice trait in northern climate to start flower early to give them a chance to ripe!
How is the smoke of zamal?
I heard of really strong psycedelic effects and soft social effects, too.
No, they autoflower and keep growing at the same time, and i've been said: not all the individuals.... It's often octopuss in his natural environment..... More than 20 weeks is nothing with some. :plant grow:
Zamal is originating from Madagascar and South-Indian genetics mix it seems...... so expect energetic, up high, typical of tropical pure sativas
Some individuals of some strains are what you said: social or psychedelic/hallucinogenic, dose dependent. :skiiing:

You need to hunt the good strong pheno with Zamal and it is difficult with the flowering time, the light intensity, and the stretch....

Rajas

Premium user
I'm looking for the autoflowering phenos. So I probably go with cuts, 18/6 cycle, small pots and wait...

In these La Reunion landraces are so many exceptions to what we say "how a cannabis plant works". Funny there's no broad usage of this genepool. Strange world.
It's perfectly ok to use ruderalis for auto hybrids but why is nobody using nld like Beldia, Lebanese, Zamal, ... which are potent very long used cultivars?

I'm looking for the autoflowering phenos. So I probably go with cuts, 18/6 cycle, small pots and wait...

In these La Reunion landraces are so many exceptions to what we say "how a cannabis plant works". Funny there's no broad usage of this genepool. Strange world.
It's perfectly ok to use ruderalis for auto hybrids but why is nobody using nld like Beldia, Lebanese, Zamal, ... which are potent very long used cultivars?
Lebanese and Beldia were used in the first hybrids, because travelers got seeds.... these genetics are present in the genepool of some nowadays strains, but some breeders don't say it clearly....
Anyway, looking at IG, there is some that show recent hybrids with these genetics in them.

Zamal is not practical, and was not very investigated until 2000.
Some individuals are autoflo, but the flowering is very long.... really need a tropical climate, or crazy growers with high electric bills and patience...

Zamaldelica - super devastating Malawi pheno
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

funkyhorse

Thanks for bringing up this thread
I had this season 2 Mango Pepper(Mango Karut x Mafate) girls and 5 boys and 1 Mango karut boy
The girls smell different. One of them is prone to PM here
The variety is very strong, has a great landrace resistance
Boys were indoors full of pests and in 48 hours outdoors in the cold they got rid of most of the bugs and they are greening again. All boys indoors made female buds, very hard to get pollen from these Mango Pepper guys
Mango pepper selected girl
Zamal girl 2 (17).jpeg
Zamal girl 2 (21).jpeg
Zamal girl 2 (23).jpeg

Mango Pepper girl PM prone, I can still get plenty of buds from the top half of the plant
Zamal girl 1 (15).jpeg

Mango karut boy, very interesting red pink pistils he makes. I hope I can smoke these guys
Mango karut male.jpeg

In the center is the selected Mango Pepper girl and Mango Karut boy for winter grow. I am very curious, I want to smoke these males
Zamal males.jpeg

Have a nice weekend

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Up and good vibes to my friends from La Réunion, for September i plan a Malagasy Zamala rongony selection preserv improv project so its next step will be in your hands for Madagascar backcross Hybrid Deparment project will see broz ;)

Zamal Mauve Poivré (Purple Pepper) by Hybrid Department

322725629_721393562839882_1210346167474811016_n.jpg

This cannabis sativa strain comes from the beautiful island of Reunion and will leave a lasting impression on anyone who tries it.

With a flowering period of 150 days, “Zamal Mauve Poivré” is a feminized variety. The aroma of this strain is a unique blend of mango and pepper, with hints of other tropical and spicy flavors. This complex and intriguing scent will delight the senses and make you want to take a puff.

The sativa dominance of this strain means it will provide uplifting and energizing effects, perfect for activities that require creativity and focus. Whether you’re looking for a new strain to add to your collection or just want to try something new and exciting, “Zamal Peppery Mauve” is a must for any cannabis SEEDS COLLECTOR. Get collector’s seeds of “Zamal Mauve Poivré” and discover the unique and captivating flavors and effects of this incredible strain.

Sadly femz but regulars are strong and alive ^^ Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts