What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Acapulco Gold

illarraza

Loving this thread!

Me too. I'm an old timer and I smoked authentic acapulco gold 45 years ago. The buds were bright yellow, a much brighter yellow than columbian gold. :) this color. Never saw nor tasted anything so special in 45 years. What I am seeing here is not what I smoked. It tasted better than Maui and the best Sensimilla and the high was so subtle yet profound. We've got some unbelievable medical marijuana here in Oklahoma but I'm still searching for true, authentic acapulco gold. I heard the Mexican government destroyed every last seed or is it the soil and climate? When I see it, the color, and taste, I will know it. Before I die this would be one of my last wishes.

Sava

Searching for real deal AG for years....heard about bodhi's...but how to buy, where to buy....is it ever possible to buy?

pookie123

I have some Acapulco seeds that I got from someone and he says it came from a farmer that got the seeds from bails he used to bring in in the mid 60's anyways I'm told that the farmer grew and worked this line for almost 40 years and that it was his favorite smoke.. He says the farmer he got the seeds from since passed away and he gave me 9 seeds that are around 15-20 years old.. I really want to grow these out, but am a little worried since they are so old and I only have 9. I have some African landraces that I would like to cross the AG with... Well I think the story is true as the seeds came from a reputable source ..

ahortator

Veteran
I have some Acapulco seeds that I got from someone and he says it came from a farmer that got the seeds from bails he used to bring in in the mid 60's anyways I'm told that the farmer grew and worked this line for almost 40 years and that it was his favorite smoke.. He says the farmer he got the seeds from since passed away and he gave me 9 seeds that are around 15-20 years old.. I really want to grow these out, but am a little worried since they are so old and I only have 9. I have some African landraces that I would like to cross the AG with... Well I think the story is true as the seeds came from a reputable source ..

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7705488&postcount=4

Please information

Please information

Hey, still someone there?. I haven't read all pages of this thread, but, I'm in that, I just want to wonder; save someone seeds of this strain?, has it extinguished for ever?, know someone if there are possibility to find it by seeds?, now doesn't exist authentic seeds truly the original Acapulco landrace?, sorry if my english is bad.

BeaverIslander, I don't know hot to respond you, I tried to enter to chat banner, and there was a message where said: "you do not have permission to acces this page. This could be duo to one of several reasons:“. :/

BeaverIslander, I live in Mexico, I'm from state of Mexico.

Thanks for the info herbgreen, I will send them a mail.

troutman

Seed Whore
BeaverIslander, I don't know hot to respond you, I tried to enter to chat banner, and there was a message where said: "you do not have permission to acces this page. This could be duo to one of several reasons:“. :/

Once you get 50 posts you'll be able to send PM's, etc. :tiphat:

Hempy McNoodle

I'm curious if AG will finish in time in the San Francisco bay area around 39°N latitude. I have some Snowhigh 'Double AG.'
Any bay area growers have experience with old school AG? When does she finish, I wonder.

ahortator

Veteran
I'm curious if AG will finish in time in the San Francisco bay area around 39°N latitude. I have some Snowhigh 'Double AG.'
Any bay area growers have experience with old school AG? When does she finish, I wonder.

SUROESTE MEXICANA: (Acapulco Gold x Michoacán GPB)

The Acapulco Gold in the suroeste Mexican is a preservation I created in 2012 using a Circa 68’ Acapulco Gold female with classic delicate floral clusters, smelling of honeysuckle, good to high resin production with long leaves which turn gold to white with maturity and red sap bleeding from stems and petioles. The male was from early 70’s stock, with green leaves which turned golden with maturity, the stems turn bright brick red and the male sepals turn golden upon maturity. This Acapulco gold preservation was saving the last of each of those lines to continue a pure Acapulco gold from that era. The progeny which was used in the Suroeste Mexican have traits of red and purple stems, some smaller plants most grow larger in size. 9 female Acapulco Golds females from my 2012 Preservation were used in the Suroeste Mexicana,

The male Michoacán line was selected from many individuals and bled purple sap as well as having purple petioles and stems. It produces a good amount of resin and good sized buds. Some have purple traits, black and red depending on the recessive traits that pop up. This is your chance to grow a pure blood Mexican from circa 1968 to early 70’s varietals which are semi commercial in quality. These are breeding lines and have a quality which has practically disappeared, since these lines are preservation works released in **Limited Quantity** Be aware that some intersex traits may pop up from the Acapulco Gold side as one test grow had shown slight intersex traits due to transplant stress and environment stress changing from a hotter dry climate to a cooler wetter climate. **This can happen from any type of plant stress but should be noted before deciding to purchase**

** LIMITED RELEASE**

Flower time range 12-14 weeks

Stretch 1 to 3x

Resin production: moderate to high

Odor: 7

Aroma: Honey Suckle, Mint, menthol, honey, spice, clove, slightly astringent

Potency: 8

Pure Mexican Heirloom hybrid

I guess Snowhigh's 'Double AG' is the one of the description above.

In Mexico they call such landraces "Navideñas" = Christmas, due to the harvest time.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Suroeste
picture.php

Hi there!

Could somebody tell me about the Acapulco gold from "LiquidKid"? , how it's going, how's the smoke, if really that herb is an authentic "Highland Gerrero Gold" directly from the past, and if really that herb is as a trip on the past or least some with very genes from original seedstock of Acapulco gold, if really that herb is so powerful how it's said?
Please some info could be generous.
Saludos banda

Humple W.

Anyone know anything about the Acapulco Gold that Mountain Organics uses in their crosses? They're releasing a backcross sometime this month, and it's looking good to me, but what do I know? They say the mother has been around the San Diego area for 40-some years.

troutman

Seed Whore
Fuck sakes, I just wasted 2 months of growing time and a dream of creating Mexican hybrids is lost. :mad:

The 1st Bodhi Acapaulco Gold male was quickly destroyed because it was hermie or intersex.

Now my 2nd male turned out the same and it has pollinated has the 18+ females. So not wanting
to deal with chicks with dicks or hermie/intersex seeds that I was supposed to be selling in a new
Mexican hybrid using a bunch of pure Oaxacan female. I just killed all the 24 plants and some
were 5 feet tall. I'm not the 1st who got hermie males I think. For all I know the seeds were
from feminized plants or something messed up.

For a seed breeder who needs to make money to survive and I spent so much money (over $2000) on this grow it hurts real bad. :frown:

I've grown many pure Landrace Sativas and never got hermie plants before so it's not my technique in case somebody says so.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Fuck sakes, I just wasted 2 months of growing time and a dream of creating Mexican hybrids is lost. :mad:

The 1st Bodhi Acapaulco Gold male was quickly destroyed because it was hermie or intersex.

Now my 2nd male turned out the same and it has pollinated has the 18+ females. So not wanting
to deal with chicks with dicks or hermie/intersex seeds that I was supposed to be selling in a new
Mexican hybrid using a bunch of pure Oaxacan female. I just killed all the 24 plants and some
were 5 feet tall. I'm not the 1st who got hermie males I think. For all I know the seeds were
from feminized plants or something messed up.

For a seed breeder who needs to make money to survive and I spent so much money (over $2000) on this grow it hurts real bad. :frown:

I've grown many pure Landrace Sativas and never got hermie plants before so it's not my technique in case somebody says so.

Sorry for your loss, Trout. Having to strip down grows is proper bummer every time.
-
-
Intersex trait in males is quite common.

Many people prolly cull the males too early too see them start growing pistils out of their flowers, cause this can start happening fairly late in bloom, just like in females the “late nanners”. . So perhaps people use/collect pollen and then cull them males before hermie-pistils start growing out of them.

For me, some males have started growing pistils after two weeks in 12/12, some after 5 weeks and some after 9-10 weeks in 12/12. Just like with females.

Me, before i have flowered a male, i’m pretty much assuming that there is big chance that an untested male is going to start growing female pistils at some point during their flowering cycle, cause “nanners” aren’t a rarity to see on females.
I’d say 100% true females seem to be more rare than the ones that grow some nanners, atleast from my experience with the seeds i have bought, some from big brands.

Usually I flower my buds few weeks past the normal harvest window to get stoney smoked to aid sleeping and many females start growing nanners only after normal harvest window; when they are over-ripe, that is. And some males are the same, the female pistils start growing very, very late in bloom.

::

Yea, i have been thinking i should look into info about stress testing males, esp. light cycle and cold-temperature manipulations as stress tests.

pinkus

Veteran
Totally sucks troutman, but ALL weed has herms in their lines. I have been there. I believe that it's best for your peace of mind to take it as a "learning opportunity".

I spent several years playing with my AG, and I have doubts that I will ever grow out the Xs due to time and plant number restrictions now that I am going legit in a medical state.

Latest posts

Latest posts