What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jact55 Landrace Thread

thejact55

@ texas tea- i dont know what to say lol. My childhood was from texas, so the root of me wants to make a joke back, but in respect for all, im gonna just let it be. They do stay manageable. 1 gallon max indoors.

Thanks maniville. Glad you always keep up with my garden. I hope your similar ventures are sucessful.

Truhan- indeed. I feel the same mirror, but conversly while mine stay small and flower quickly, i long to let them burst into giants and show true potential. Given my quick seed runs, i dont get to view them in their glory. Your work gives me a peek into such situations.
Jgl does alot it seems, i hear his name oftern. I wish i had a viable source for underground. They have more than just double zamal i want. Good to know though

I have 11 of 12 guatemala in soil now. That tent will be full no doubt. Woop

thejact55

Hey zitz, hope all is well for you. What kind of projects do you got going on?

You guys ever get home, open a tent, or check the field outside and go... whoa!
Blueberry for the first time hit a heavy spurt, healthy and massive growth over the last 24 hours. The zamals have all added an extra node and leaves are way bigger, guatemala all popped up from soil and opened up. Every strain seems to be hyper growing last 24 hours. Thoughts on why? Moon cycles, whatever...i dunno.
Happy welcome home to a stressful day/week. Thats why i grow, my relaxation focus point.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Good to hear they are doing well. I have seeds from mangu'carot, mango pepper, k1 and zamal cbd so very interested to see how your African strains progress. I read on French touch that these are for the patient farmer in search of a long love affair and that sounds about right to me. ;-)

Firecityseeds

Egyptian land race . Every female seed i popped was a different pheno . These 3 were the best ones. 9-10 week flowering indoors.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

thejact55

Yes, they will not be quick finishers. Seed making drastically reduces the flowering time though. Im putting em on 11/13 this weekend even though they are still seedlings. My new K1 and mangu carot shipped yesterday, woop.

Ya i can post a couple more. Give me a day or two.

Are they ace ethiopians? Mine were fairly consistent in smell and structure. Height was slightly varied but thats about it. Did you mean to show a picture? -"These 3 were the best ones" if you can, please do share.

Firecityseeds

Hope they show up now , I think the album was set private by mistake. No they are not from Ace , the seeds are Egyptian seeds not Ethiopian. A friend gifted the seeds to me , he collected them a few years ago while visiting the middle East .

thejact55

Woops, misread that. I was thinking 10 weeks was fast lol.
Very cool, alot of variation.hows the smells? Reminds me of the chitrali i grew, it was all over the place.
I have ran rsc sinai a few times. Mine seem to be of a different line, little different.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I tried one Ace Ethiopian plant this summer, but it was runt that didn't get taller than 6 inches at 8 weeks old so I culled it. Will try again at some point.

thejact55

If you like landraces, I would recommend it. they are more so a true landrace type than a lot of the work ace offerings. don't expect a super sticky plant, but a nice specimen. hopefully your next try makes for a healthier plant.

Here is a couple more Ethiopian shots. Sorry for the sideways, and crap quality. I like photographing on vacation, but my weed photography sucks something bad.
last pic is a new member of my garden, a small kratom tree that just arrived. leaves are a little rotted on the edges, but it seems
healthy. if your unfamiliar with kratom, and have pain issues, it may be worth a look into. I don't have pain, I just like the effect lol.

My blueberry since the transplant are super healthy looking. I think maybe being rootbound could have been an issue. purples are not uncommon on some leaves, to go along with their dark green leaves. the K1 just got put into a one gallon, and everyone else if just growing along. maybe one Guatemala might not make it, leaving me with 10 plants. it just seems stall just below the soil.

Attachments

• 20171230_214715.jpg
    20171230_214715.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20171230_214723.jpg
    20171230_214723.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 20171230_214655.jpg
    20171230_214655.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20171215_183624.jpg
    20171215_183624.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 20180112_185528.jpg
    20180112_185528.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 16

thejact55

Lil Update.
Blueberrys have all stabilized from their early life woes. they are all growing fast and 100% healthy. I have 7 females and 3 males. I just took clones of all of them, in the case that I have a keeper. they are fairly uniform. some are mildly more stretchy or compact, some have better side branching than others, but overall uniform. they are still in veg, a lot longer than I normally do for seeds, but wanted to take clones, and now make sure they root before flowering. pic 1 is them.

Guatemala are still young, but growing. a few have shown some brown "rust" spotting on the interior of leaves, not on tips or edges. not sure what this is. pic 2 is their tent, which also has the bb clones and the kratom tree. pic 3 is trying to show you the rusty spots.

double zamal are transplanted and healthy. they are in flower since a week or so ago, and not stretching like I have expected, but they are still very young. The K1 has me worried. it also has been in flower for a week or so, and is aggressively throwing male balls. first, I have nothing for it to pollinate. second, it leads me to believe that it is super stressed, hence going in to flower super quick, way too quick. I open my tent everytime expecting to find a hermie. no female flowers yet, but I fear that will be the end game. either way, I don't think I have a use for him right now. good thing I have more of these seeds in route. pic 4 is all of them, K1 is the larger one to the back right. pic 5 is the K1, in case of any interest. a lot of side branching, strong smell for a small plant. a "landracy citrus" is how I think of it.
excuse the dog hair on the carpet. the dogs love gardening, and I haven't vacuumed lately.

Attachments

• 20180120_184926.jpg
    20180120_184926.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20180120_184740.jpg
    20180120_184740.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20180120_184829.jpg
    20180120_184829.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20180120_184646.jpg
    20180120_184646.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20180120_184950.jpg
    20180120_184950.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 10

OnceUpon

just bugging you to freeze pollen again! strip it down, leave a top... wait for it to really dump... turn off the fans and bend the top right over a piece of paper. over night (or 2 if you want a big pack), you got a lot of pollen.. remove any green bits. fold up and place to dry overnight. then pop whole package into a sealed jar with silica gel. then into the deep freeze

thejact55

Ah good idea. We will see if he goes hermie, but if not, thats what ill do. Good looking out.

So i was gonna mention that i decided to make my own pesticides. Im only a week into trying but hopefully it works. I dont like the smells of most pesticides and alot of the store bought ones dont seems to work well unless used alot, and the smell deters me from doing so.

Recipe one- a handful of tobacco in a gallon of water. Soaked for a couple days. It created a dark.solution, i added another gallon of water and some dish soap afterwards. When i grew tobacco in my tents a year or so back, zero bugs in sight, i read nicotene is a natutal pesticide.

Recipe two- took peels from a couple orange peels and some orange mush i had from juicing the orange and dumped 5 cups of boiling water on it. Let sit for a day, then i added peppermint and teatree castile soap.

I have been spraying them on a rotating schedule over the last week. I will do some neem oil treatment, but i dont like the smell and i find it messy.
Its not that i have much of a pest issue, outside of some minor flare-ups, just trying to keep that to a minimum, prevenative treatment.

oldbootz

Veteran
Watch out getting tobacco juice on your skin, and don't use it on flowering plants, its very toxic! 3-5 drops can kill a person if ingested.

thejact55

Ya only on veg plants. Lol glad i didnt drink it hopeing for a buzz ;)
Ill have to research the absinthe. Im assuming its the herbal smell they dont like? Im sure garlic would be shot down by my wife.

So as i suspected, the K1 is a hermie. Oh well. Hopefully the double zamal dont follow suite.