What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Manipuri

zaprjaques

My God! I was not expecting the euphoric and clean effect and as good as any other stuff I have. 63 days of flower so not close to ready as it was not flowering normally as it was. Shame I had to cut it but have a little top grade smoke now.

God i wish i had more of it.
Parts i harvested earlier are my favorites too.
I guess good things come to those who wait.
2 seeds left of rsc mani, and like 100 of the cross i did with the lebanese from ace.

but i wont be able to grow anything for a while :(

Chi13

ICMag Donor
One of my plants has finally shown itself to be female. I will post a pic in month or two once they start looking interesting. :watchplant:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
One of my plants has finally shown itself to be female. I will post a pic in month or two once they start looking interesting. :watchplant:
All three confirmed sex, two females and a male, after over 4 months of 11/13, now down to 10.5. The male was the final one to show flower and that has never happened to me before. Every strain I've had the males always showed sex first. It kept starting to flower then back into veg, now finally flowering. They are all slow and too big for the tent. A shit show really but I will keep at it. I will do a light seeding. Tempting to fully seed them just to speed it up, although I won't do that.

Zero Hedge

Veteran
I have two females rounding the bend... prolly done in another 4 weeks. These are night shots so not great, but I will say that there is excellent resin/trichome build-up and that one of them has born some nice purple coloration in the colder nights. Also the bud structure is tight/compact
Click image for larger version  Name:	12-20 manipuri1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	242.2 KB ID:	18020694

Click image for larger version  Name:	12-20 manipuri1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	242.2 KB ID:	18020694

Happy Winter Solstice!

zaprjaques

I have two females rounding the bend... prolly done in another 4 weeks. These are night shots so not great, but I will say that there is excellent resin/trichome build-up and that one of them has born some nice purple coloration in the colder nights. Also the bud structure is tight/compact

Happy Winter Solstice!

:groupwave:

Rory Borealis

Veteran

Happy Winter Solstice!

What are your night time temperatures? I have some Eastern Manipur that is living at 68F daytime and 50F-38F night time. Some nights dip down to 28F, but the following day is warm with a night time temp of 40F.

Zero Hedge

Veteran
What are your night time temperatures? I have some Eastern Manipur that is living at 68F daytime and 50F-38F night time. Some nights dip down to 28F, but the following day is warm with a night time temp of 40F.

Basically the same. days mid to lower 70's, nights low 50's to high 40's,,, sometimes 30's

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I have one indoor Manipuri left. Of 5 seeds, all sprouted but 2 did not break the surface. Of 3 left one was male and 2 female. However this morning I noticed some seeds on my other plants and upon close inspection one of the female Manipuri has sprouted male flowers on two stems. A couple of flowers are fully open. I have now culled it and it has forced me to harvest a couple of hazes I had. The rest are a Laos cross and I am not too fussed if they are lightly seeded, which they will be. I will see the remaining Manipuri to it's conclusion unless it turns hermie as well. I have a few clones and am thinking of a small outdoor guerrilla grow.

Lesson learned, these really belong outdoors. However I still have 5 more seeds so perhaps I will give it a try at a later date, or try a hybrid. I did make a cross between the male a couple of Laos and Laos crosses.

Very envious seeing those beautiful outdoor Manipuri from Zero Henge.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Laotian and Manipur can make strong hybrids together. Probably not fast flowering though but definitely worth growing. Let us know how they turn out and good luck with the remaining plants.

Zero Hedge

Veteran
These are the same plant as above.
Please don't quote this,,, it's a pet peeve of mine. I mean, if it happens, then oh well, but I just don't know why people quote image posts... maybe they think I"ll delete them (which I won't, I promise)
IMG_5864.jpg

IMG_5865.jpg

IMG_5869.jpg

IMG_5870.jpg

IMG_5868.jpg

Peace and good vibes :D

Chi13

ICMag Donor

I hate posting this after such nice outdoor photo's but feel I should document the indoor difficulties.
The post above was from November 30th. Now February 19, and it hasn't progressed much. These plants were started in 12/12, indoor orgainic and have been going easily 6 months. Many other long flowering plants have come and gone. I have been on 10.5 hours for maybe 2 months. It is still summer here so maybe as temps cool it will kick on a bit faster.
Top bud is kind of between veg and flower, lower bud is a little more advanced.
mani.jpg
mani1.jpg

Rory Borealis

Veteran
I hate posting this after such nice outdoor photo's but feel I should document the indoor difficulties.
The post above was from November 30th. Now February 19, and it hasn't progressed much. These plants were started in 12/12, indoor orgainic and have been going easily 6 months. Many other long flowering plants have come and gone. I have been on 10.5 hours for maybe 2 months. It is still summer here so maybe as temps cool it will kick on a bit faster.

Lower your light cycle to 9.5. It will help trigger the plant toward finishing up.

Hempy McNoodle

I'm still new with tropical sativas, but I am thinking that it may work out well to veg them usung 15 hours of light for 2-3 weeks and then flower them using 11 hours of light. If size is a concern you can initially keep them in 3" - 4" nursery pots for at least the first two months.

I feel like this light schedule gives needed strong vegetative structural growth and then the drastic switch is a harder trigger for flower development.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Rory Borealis Borealis, thanks for the tip. I have reduced a further 15 minutes, but I don't want to go as low as you suggest. I read an article years ago that said that if you reduce your light hours too much it results in much reduced potency.

Hempy McNoodle , thanks for that, but I think the worst thing I could do now is reveg. I have essentially a 7foot plant bent/broken to horizontal. Also these were started in the flower cycle and it has taken about 6 months to get this far. Plus I have other plants so it's not an option.

Anyway, determined to see this through. Summer here will be over soon and maybe the drop in temp, along with again reduced daylength will help. I hope it will be worth the wait.

zaprjaques

I read an article years ago that said that if you reduce your light hours too much it results in much reduced potency.

I grew them 9/15 from seed, had 2 plants one went very intersex, put out an all male branch even. Not saying it was necessarily from the light schedule but anyways, although i didnt finish flowering them out as i was going for seeds. The intersex plant in particular blew my socks off, i wasnt expecting anything, it was just sticks leaves and a few empty bracts. oh boy, it was really potent, but not like the commercial herb that puts me in a very bad place as i have low tolerance and usually overreact on 'strong' types of weed. it was actually a very enjoyable euphoric and clean rocket ride a bit jittery and long lasting. Made me very talk active wich is not my standard by all means.
That particular plant had lemony metallic dusty smells.
The other one had a citrus and mango aroma, i let it flower for a couple of weeks longer than the other and the effect was more rounded and well behaved, activating, euphoric little giggly, warmer and quite long lasting.
​​​​​If i had to choose one cultivar for the rest of my life i think this would be it... i still have a little bit stashed away for special occasions, it still makes other stuff seem inferior.

Last edited:

herblux

zaprjaques Wow! Thats quite a statement, considering you haven’t finished them. Don’t doubt it though. There’s lots of very exciting reviews on the effects.

I’ve got a couple of packs waiting for when I get a bigger tent…the one I have at the moment isn’t big enough to have vigorous plants growing for 3 months in veg and then another 4-5 in flower haha!

May I ask how long they took to start flowering for you? And what were the temps like please? I have a feeling it might be an option to let them grow outdoors till September. Then take cuts and flower them out indoors, to make a smaller space work with several individuals of these (would like to find a firm male).

zaprjaques

zaprjaques Wow! Thats quite a statement, considering you haven’t finished them. Don’t doubt it though. There’s lots of very exciting reviews on the effects.

I’ve got a couple of packs waiting for when I get a bigger tent…the one I have at the moment isn’t big enough to have vigorous plants growing for 3 months in veg and then another 4-5 in flower haha!

May I ask how long they took to start flowering for you? And what were the temps like please? I have a feeling it might be an option to let them grow outdoors till September. Then take cuts and flower them out indoors, to make a smaller space work with several individuals of these (would like to find a firm male).

Haha, yeah well maybe i fell in love with the Manipuri so you know how that goes, cant be too rational about it :D.
Also i'm probably not the first smoker to state that "that bud" was the best i ever had. :D I have experienced that type of high just once before and it was some brownish haze type i was gifted, only a tiny bit and when i smoked it i wasnt even sure it had an effect at first but it came on nicely, very clear and motivational. i couldnt believe it.

I grew up with mostly skunk hybrids and white widows and such, the effect was very different.

Also crossed it with the Lebanese from ACE and the Manipuri shines through nicely in the psychoactivity.
This one i could finish more or less :)

Temperature was probably far from ideal, 65 at night and up to 100 with the lights on.
First stigmas on the Manipuri appeared around 4 weeks from sprouting (9/15 lights from sprout) if i remember correctly. No idea why they sexed that fast as many others didnt get lucky.
I planted 3 seeds though one was trifoliate and went intersex, one wasnt showing sex after 6 weeks or so and i culled it and the #3 was a lucky find. No intersex, early sexing nice effects. That one i hit with Lebanese pollen.
Pics are Manipuri#3 x Lebanese
image_2059926.png
image_2059928.png
image_2059929.png

Latest posts

Latest posts