What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chocolate Thai Revival

Sunshineinabag

I gotta be careful here wth that, I don't intend to violate anything but I didn't thoroughly read the tou to be honest .....the site you linked is a political shit storm run by a liberal who is IMHO out of control with the way he allows his friends to spew thier views but censor and re ove anyone with a opinion other then theirs!

Bud Jones

View Image

^ current seed preservation run on some old "elvis" seeds.

i've done close to 20 attempts on preserving beans from old seed stock. i bought out all of fritzman's ( defunct bsc) stock and paid extra to get at least 20# of each strain. i've done other strain preservation attempts as well.

the above picture is pretty good at depicting healthy white emergining from old seed stock.

hit "control + '+' " at the same time to pump up magnification on above pic. for better view.

in my experience, without some special technique of which i am still unaware, only one or two of these healthy looking specimens will actually manifest a root tail.

there are a lot of posts on germing old seedstock. tons of different ideas. i have not run across one poster who actually pictorially depicts old seed stock showing white, yet no root tail emerging like above photo and pictorially shows how to get these to actually sprout a tail.

i use distilled water in paper towels. i change the towel after a few days. 65-75 degree f temps. i get 100 % germ. rates usually on viable seed stock using this simple technique most of the time. tail emerges immediately, unlike the (unfurling, showing white, no tails) pic. posted above.
Elvis as in the clone only ? Very interested.

JoeyElbows

Seeds collected from Chocolate Thai shipments during the 80's and gifted to me recently.

Rubbing the sticks brings back old Chocolate Thai memories.

Take me back to the past, when smoking Chocolate Thai was a blast. :smokey:
Sooo...would you maybe be into selling a 10 pack of some of the better looking ones or are you looking to pop them all yourself?

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
imagine?

please elaborate on why you think it is likely. not that i am doubting it... just would be good to get more info.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I grew it. zero chocolate.

The old tokers around these parts tell a story how back in the day the cartels used to dip Thai sativa buds in liquid chocolate in order to get an even more chocolatey chocolate Thai for the export market. Some say they were dipped in Switzerland. Some say the chocolate taste was all genetic. There was a nestle factory not far from where it was grown so who knows..

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Milka ganja from Switzerland.There was a time they gave the cows hemp to eat.

sriimg20050216_5542435_0-data.jpg