What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Yes, Kumaoni ;) So the search function can find the right pages. I tried germinating some a few weeks ago but no luck yet. I always took them for hay so I didn't get around to trying them when the seeds were still fresh. I'm wary of growing long flowering CBD plants indoors. The payoff isn't necessarily there imo.

How did you find you previous Kumaonis Harvestreaper? Strawberry bubblegum sounds very promising.

achille

Veteran
Haha yes, I was trying to be subtle ;)
Djonkoman, I noticed as well the new Burmese accession on the RSC site, unfortunately there isn't much details and pictures to understand the characteristics of this cultivar but it's tempting nonetheless.

achille

Veteran
fetch?photoid=17993354 ​​​​​​​.jpg
fetch?photoid=17993352.jpg
fetch?photoid=17993353.jpg
fetch?photoid=17993354.jpg

My two flowering Highland Lao#1 front and back. Two different phenotypes with respectively "sativa and indica" looking structures. Beautiful and vigorous plants. The flowering started very quickly wich is very different from my previous experience with tropical sativas. The smells are not pleasant, it reminds me of Ace's Malawi: a kind of dirty socks, oily smell, not fruity nor sweet at all. Very different smells from Lao Gold but there are some similarities in the leaves shapes and the bamboo-like stalk and vigor.

Attachments

• fetch?photoid=17993354 ​​​​​​​.jpg
    fetch?photoid=17993354 ​​​​​​​.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 22

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
noticed there's now a 'burmese' listed on the TRSC website. anyone have a guess what we could expect from that one?

From the picture it looks like it could be a purple highland strain. The region is mountainous and the description says it is grown by people who are ethnically related to the Thai and Lao rather than tibeto-burman peoples. :chin: So perhaps that implies it is more similar to their original Highland Thai rather than the Manipuri for example. Manipur (ethically tibeto-burman) lies on the opposite side of the country while Thailand is right across the border.

That said, doesn't the other seed company have an east Burmese strain available that looks rather similar to the Manipur? I wouldn't be surprised if the Manipuri strains were more reflective of Burmese strains in general rather than the rest of India.. :2cents:

harvestreaper

Veteran
Yes, Kumaoni ;) So the search function can find the right pages. I tried germinating some a few weeks ago but no luck yet. I always took them for hay so I didn't get around to trying them when the seeds were still fresh. I'm wary of growing long flowering CBD plants indoors. The payoff isn't necessarily there imo.

How did you find you previous Kumaonis Harvestreaper? Strawberry bubblegum sounds very promising.

yes most were hay,, nothing memorable this ones very different to what ive seen not smoked her yet tho ,,

herblux

harvestreaper Thule Yup agree most more like hay, but some of them pretty nice hay haha!
Grew 5 females, which on average displayed denser flowers and less late hermie/nanner issues indoor than most other Himalayan's that I've tried (Nanda Devi, Nepalese, Rasoli, all RSC).

They all smoked a little different to me.

One I thought which was CBD dominant actually wasn't. At least I suspect so. Had a couple of small vape doses of her and didn't feel much at all, except feeling a bit lighter and more relaxed. As I was running out of CBD bud, I rolled a joint. It was a very clear and strong high. No dusty/tired comedown. Was getting almost uncomfortably high, even if it was a positive, kind high. Mind you my tolerance is low...however I do suspect this is one of the no/high ceiling cases. It was comparatively fairly dense bud (still loose by modern hybrid standards of course). Medium resin coverage. The plant was one of the more lighter green, slightly more NLD leaf shape phenos. Smell was quite woody with a hint of lemon. Marked #9

Then probably my fave overall was the most NLD looking, most frosty, most vigorous one. Also a more light green shade to her foliage. Smell was sweet lemon with a bit of wood. taste also quite similar, which I enjoy. Effect was the second most "clear", kind, positive, blissful or however you wanna name it. It had the highest potency. Didn't smoke a higher dose of her though, so cannot comment about any ceiling etc.. Marked #5

One was straight hay, very airy, leafy buds, low resin coverage, very low smell intensity, very low potency. #6.

Then there was another one similar to #5, just a shitty/average version. #2.

The one marked as #8 was the fastest finisher and had the denset buds. Density even approaching the average modern hybrid, not quite there of course. Resin coverage was decent (not comparing it to cookies lol, just relatively speaking). The effect had a bit of a lazy comedown and wasn't as cerebral. Smells were a bit "dirty" too. Shorter plant with darker green foliage.

Here a pic very early in flower, so you guys can see the structure a little (topped obviously, some twice and some bending). Also tortured in way too small spots, but what can you do, if you want to see diversity and have little space.

#2 shitty one (front left), #6 (left), #8 (center left), #9 (center right), #5 (right, just topped the second time)
Kd48.jpg

Single shots. Day counts do NOT refer to flowering days...it's total days. I gradually lowered the lighting schedule from 15/9 to 11/13, so I don't have exact flowering times.

#8 dense fast one day 71
K8D71.jpg

#8 day 71
K8FD71.jpg

#8 mid-late flower d78
K8D78.jpg

#8 last watering before the chop
K8D96.jpg

#5 fave early flower
K5D71.jpg

#5 a few days later d78 (note pic of #8 on the same day)
K5D78.jpg

#5 on day 96 (same day as #8 before the chop...caught up quickly)

K5D96sidebr.jpg

#5 dry
K5dry.jpg

#9 (high ceiling, low potency, clear effect)
K9D71.jpg

Seem to have lost the mid flower pic...here before the chop, same day as the last pics alive from the others
K9D96.jpg

Please excuse the shitty looking plants in late flower...couldn't keep them happy in my limited space and also had some airflow while pollinating, so there's a lot of stray seeds haha!

One last interesting observation, which could be just luck, as not quite statistically relevant: What I noticed is, that Kumaoni were a lot less prone to intersex issues when torturing them indoors in such small pots (all organic), compared to Nepalese Rolpa and Rasoli. Can't remember now, but don't think I had any intersex issues with them, despite me doing a bad job...as you can tell by how terrible the plants look :D They were heavily root bound, underfed, overfed, underwatered and overwatered (had to go away for a week in between...). Before I really messed up, they were very elegant plants. Wish I had more suitable climate here to grow them outdoors, like you @harvestreaper.

By the way harvestreaper your Kumaoni looks really good! Best one I have seen online.

harvestreaper

Veteran
harvestreaper Thule Yup agree most more like hay, but some of them pretty nice hay haha!
Grew 5 females, which on average displayed denser flowers and less late hermie/nanner issues indoor than most other Himalayan's that I've tried (Nanda Devi, Nepalese, Rasoli, all RSC).

They all smoked a little different to me.

One I thought which was CBD dominant actually wasn't. At least I suspect so. Had a couple of small vape doses of her and didn't feel much at all, except feeling a bit lighter and more relaxed. As I was running out of CBD bud, I rolled a joint. It was a very clear and strong high. No dusty/tired comedown. Was getting almost uncomfortably high, even if it was a positive, kind high. Mind you my tolerance is low...however I do suspect this is one of the no/high ceiling cases. It was comparatively fairly dense bud (still loose by modern hybrid standards of course). Medium resin coverage. The plant was one of the more lighter green, slightly more NLD leaf shape phenos. Smell was quite woody with a hint of lemon. Marked #9

Then probably my fave overall was the most NLD looking, most frosty, most vigorous one. Also a more light green shade to her foliage. Smell was sweet lemon with a bit of wood. taste also quite similar, which I enjoy. Effect was the second most "clear", kind, positive, blissful or however you wanna name it. It had the highest potency. Didn't smoke a higher dose of her though, so cannot comment about any ceiling etc.. Marked #5

One was straight hay, very airy, leafy buds, low resin coverage, very low smell intensity, very low potency. #6.

Then there was another one similar to #5, just a shitty/average version. #2.

The one marked as #8 was the fastest finisher and had the denset buds. Density even approaching the average modern hybrid, not quite there of course. Resin coverage was decent (not comparing it to cookies lol, just relatively speaking). The effect had a bit of a lazy comedown and wasn't as cerebral. Smells were a bit "dirty" too. Shorter plant with darker green foliage.

Here a pic very early in flower, so you guys can see the structure a little (topped obviously, some twice and some bending). Also tortured in way too small spots, but what can you do, if you want to see diversity and have little space.

#2 shitty one (front left), #6 (left), #8 (center left), #9 (center right), #5 (right, just topped the second time)

Single shots. Day counts do NOT refer to flowering days...it's total days. I gradually lowered the lighting schedule from 15/9 to 11/13, so I don't have exact flowering times.

#8 dense fast one day 71

#8 day 71

#8 mid-late flower d78

#8 last watering before the chop

#5 fave early flower

#5 a few days later d78 (note pic of #8 on the same day)

#5 on day 96 (same day as #8 before the chop...caught up quickly)

#5 dry

#9 (high ceiling, low potency, clear effect)

Seem to have lost the mid flower pic...here before the chop, same day as the last pics alive from the others

Please excuse the shitty looking plants in late flower...couldn't keep them happy in my limited space and also had some airflow while pollinating, so there's a lot of stray seeds haha!

One last interesting observation, which could be just luck, as not quite statistically relevant: What I noticed is, that Kumaoni were a lot less prone to intersex issues when torturing them indoors in such small pots (all organic), compared to Nepalese Rolpa and Rasoli. Can't remember now, but don't think I had any intersex issues with them, despite me doing a bad job...as you can tell by how terrible the plants look :D They were heavily root bound, underfed, overfed, underwatered and overwatered (had to go away for a week in between...). Before I really messed up, they were very elegant plants. Wish I had more suitable climate here to grow them outdoors, like you @harvestreaper.

By the way harvestreaper your Kumaoni looks really good! Best one I have seen online.

nice pics with interesting and informative post herblux ,,thanks ,,,,ive not grown any of the nanda ..kumoani or rasoli indoors before i usually just throw a couple on a small guereila spot for shits an giggles as to the write up on the website they used for animal feed so not premium charas genetics but lets be clear rsc have been honest about it ,,,i dont like smoke reports as im daily heavy smoker and unless im away from it for a while hard to be objective but low potency on the whole for sure as expected in these ,,this particular plant was from some older kumoani seeds i gave a friend and seemed very much like the others in structure apart from the unusual aroma seemed slighly more resinous to but proofs in pudding and ive not tasted her yet if the mother plant dont ring my bell ill cull the cut an not waste any more time on her ,,,suitable climate is uk here were you at herblux? thanks again
ps low potency high ceiling thats a new one for me lol there no limit to the nothing you can feel; ?lol

herblux

nice pics with interesting and informative post herblux ,,thanks ,,,,ive not grown any of the nanda ..kumoani or rasoli indoors before i usually just throw a couple on a small guereila spot for shits an giggles as to the write up on the website they used for animal feed so not premium charas genetics but lets be clear rsc have been honest about it ,,,i dont like smoke reports as im daily heavy smoker and unless im away from it for a while hard to be objective but low potency on the whole for sure as expected in these ,,this particular plant was from some older kumoani seeds i gave a friend and seemed very much like the others in structure apart from the unusual aroma seemed slighly more resinous to but proofs in pudding and ive not tasted her yet if the mother plant dont ring my bell ill cull the cut an not waste any more time on her ,,,suitable climate is uk here were you at herblux? thanks again
ps low potency high ceiling thats a new one for me lol there no limit to the nothing you can feel; ?lol

Hahaha 😂! It does sound weird, I know :D As said, one small dose (one dynavap filling) and you can hardly feel anything, 5x that dose and I was really high. Some Oldtimer Haze phenos and some other NLD's are said to be similar. Never grew it though...

I'm in Germany mate. Actually had 4 of the cuts from this indoor run outdoors pretty far north (54°), just for rejuvenating the cuts, fun and a couple experimental crosses. Nanda Devi (died, suspect to moles), a more ferral/wild influenced faster Rasoli (let's see), Kumaoni #5 fave from the grow (way too late, no hope) and Kumaoni #8 the fast denser one (we'll see...). I'll visit them this week to see if they didn't mould away yet. If not I guess they'll be smokeable. Definitely too far north for those though. Got another growing spot at lat 50, which that's a tricky one...can only put a few plants there, not too stinky and not too tall, as the laws get interpreted rather strictly in that state. So that's my testing ground and CBD (use it medicinally a fair bit) spot.

Looking at what you can finish or at least semi-finish I suppose you're pretty far south in the UK, hey? Guessing you'll get more humid but milder Octobers/Novembers over there, compared to the lower German latitudes.

Oh by the way, since this in on topic in this thread, I grew 3 RSC Sudanese there this year. 2 males, 1 female. Split the 6 pack with a mate who had a girl at the same latitude...more NLD, but a hint later/slower to flower. Too slow. My female was more stout and wide, as described in the product description. Probably 5-6' in good soil and drip irrigation. Started flowering at the very end of August. I had no hopes of it getting anywhere near to finishing at this point and let the whole plant get pollinated by the two males, before I cut them down. There was a storm 1 week before I went to harvest it (28th of October = 9 full weeks of flowering) and unfortunately it got bent down into the ground, which caused about 1/2-3/4 to get mouldy/infected by spores. There was also 5 nights with light frosts in October. The plant obviously looked terrible, BUT was almost finished and the seeds were mature. Good enough for a little smoke test for Xmas.

Left female, middle & right two males 25th of August, JUST about to flower...you can see lots of damage by small pesky snails as well. Those plants had a tough life :D
Sud25.08..jpg

Girl 10th of October, still far from done. Lebanese at the same spot were pretty much ready on that date.
Sudside10.10.jpg

Sudtop10.10.jpg

Side branch
Sudbranch10.10.jpg

The destroyed by the storm at harvest
Sud29.10.top.jpg

2-3 days drying
Suddrying2days.jpg

Smell was woody, spicy, with a bit of fruit/bubblegum. Let's see how they go when cured a little.
Guess you could finish them at 50°N EU when grown in pots with restricted root space, as they'd almost certainly trigger a bit earlier.

harvestreaper

Veteran
20211123_080045.jpg
hey herblux ok i understand you clearer now 5 hits you feel it strong and yes you right ceilingless plants do exist just not heard one described in that way lol,,,here at 52 very humid so much so the plants will be as wet as torrential rain in morning noneless had mazar and nanda devi finishing in november in that enviroment without a wimper ,,this year rsc afghan freebies crumbled in mold ,a friend still has two headhunter x mango thais out which is probably latest ive seen anything outside here ..this season its unsually mild ,,the kumoani was chopped last week after starting to mold these rsc i just throw out for experimental purposes dont expect anything so anything that makes it a bonus ,,hope your plants that still out make it that lebanese genetic looked interesting not tried it myself looks like you on the road to findout

bleepboop

Lao Sa at 19 days flowering. Vegged about 65.

Attachments

• photo2095275.jpg
    photo2095275.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 42
  • photo2095277.jpg
    photo2095277.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 33
  • photo2095276.jpg
    photo2095276.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 34

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I accidently took the top off a vegging Laos Gold while trying to pinch and train it. So I just smoked some and got a nice euphoric pure sativa type effect. Hope the buds are more intense and tripped out.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hehe I noticed the likes for my post above and decided to repeat it. Really I am just clumsy and in a hurry and did the same thing to the Highland Laos 2. This smoke is stronger than the Gold and really more in line with what I want. More electric and 'trippy'. Just 2 small tokes of fan leaves. I can feel the potential here and expect it to exceed that of the Gold. The Gold was euphoric and this is less so.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
That keeps happening to me too with the Laotians. I've had to be extra careful when training them. Get sloppy and the fresh stems pop right off between your fingers.

I also smoke these to get a feel for the plants as they go. Viet-Lao and it's hybrids pack and punch at this point already. There's something funny about the cannabinoid profile, cuz it's not the resin!

My Viet-Lao x Annapurna is turning partly purple now at 115 days. She's nearly done but only like 5% of the calyxes are a deep wine red color. I've never had bi colored buds before. Early smoke test are highly promising.

aliceklar

Noticed that TRSC are giving away both Johaar and Afghan Mix as freebies currently. Both of these are well worth having in their own right, so this is amazing value. Johaar is a lovely sativa with an oldschool happy high and delicious lemon terps - makes great hybrids too, and the Afghan mix is an exciting lucky dip of indica goodness. Cannot go wrong with this!

bleepboop

Lao Sa circa 70 days flowering.
I've actually cut the two very purple ones as they seemed to be done with little obvious reflowering. The last one has some ways to go. All 3 are lightly seeded with intersex pollen.

Attachments

• photo2107431.jpg
    photo2107431.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 67
  • photo2107432.jpg
    photo2107432.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 63
  • photo2107433.jpg
    photo2107433.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 64

airplane

Here are a few others one can get landrances -- Tropical Seeds, World of Seeds whichare seed sellers and Authenic Seeds ( seed makers) . The difference is that seed sellers "Banks" pruchase seeds from other breedrs to sell - difference between seed sellers vs seed makers - seed makers take time to breed and intensions of working their own "line"

Latest posts

Latest posts