What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

grayeyes

77, I can assure you after growing it this year that the Malawi is for real. I know hard core stoners who won't take more than two hits. I am going to make cobs then next time I grow it.

LostTribe

Premium user
A great deal of them are out of stock at the moment due to shipping issues from the countries of seed origin. Hope they are able to restock soon.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I see they have a new Laos strain...anyone pulled the trigger on it?

Which one is the new one? I could swear some of them were out of stock last week when I checked. That Lao Sa is apparently a mix or a hybrid of at least three different accessions.

Im'One

Which one is the new one? I could swear some of them were out of stock last week when I checked. That Lao Sa is apparently a mix or a hybrid of at least three different accessions.

That's it...Laos sa, I'm not sure of trying it but if the mango Thai or Laos gold are not available...then maybe? Or I may just wait.

There are many types. Development is quite variable, to be expected and normal. "Potency" also varies, as does the effects. RSC "landrace" types are genuine which means they may be domesticated in the region they come from but will not be like heavily worked and bred like seedbank types. Heirloom types are a little more selected and bred. The Congolese, Kerala and Malawi might be more like heirlooms than the old world regional domesticates and wild types.

Hi Musigny23, sorry for the late reply, TRSC sounds great as option, I'm interested in its sativa catalog, precisely in Congolese, Kerala, Malawi, Thais, Laosian, and Kerala, how they runs?, thanks for the info hermano!

Some cultivars are collected in the country of origin, some are cultivated here in the west and some are from gene banks like the Congo.
There is no analysis of the cultivars available, but for the most potent I would go for the Congo or Kerala.

Hi Mexcurandero!
Thanks for reply, I always thought Malawi is the most potent sativa on TRSC catalog.
How is the Congo?, how's the effect (no ceiling)?, funny or nice?, how the mind goes?,
Cheers!

77, I can assure you after growing it this year that the Malawi is for real. I know hard core stoners who won't take more than two hits. I am going to make cobs then next time I grow it.

Hi grayeyes!, thanks for the info, I really want to probe that Malawi, it was the first sativa that I investigated, for the Malawi I introduced me on Icmag, I fell in love with self-cultivation, maybe this year I'll put my hands on Malawi; thanks again my friend.

Good day to everyone!

musigny23

Hi Musigny23, sorry for the late reply, TRSC sounds great as option, I'm interested in its sativa catalog, precisely in Congolese, Kerala, Malawi, Thais, Laosian, and Kerala, how they runs?, thanks for the info hermano!

Those are all narrow leaf tropical types that are long flowering. Are you growing indoor with lights? Those types are more challenging to grow indoors. One reason is they like to grow big and stretch a lot. The other reason is they are used to strong tropical sun and lights don't deliver that. They can take a long time to fully mature. These types are also more prone to showing sexual instability when grown indoors, especially the Kerala and Thai/Lao. You will need to treat them very well, do your best not to stress them and watch them carefully.

Those are all narrow leaf tropical types that are long flowering. Are you growing indoor with lights? Those types are more challenging to grow indoors. One reason is they like to grow big and stretch a lot. The other reason is they are used to strong tropical sun and lights don't deliver that. They can take a long time to fully mature. These types are also more prone to showing sexual instability when grown indoors, especially the Kerala and Thai/Lao. You will need to treat them very well, do your best not to stress them and watch them carefully.

Yeah, I understand it, I pretend to build an indoor, but I'm saving money for that, I hope complete it soon, for the moment the situation is complicated in my town, there is a lot of cops, and ministerial cops anywhere... I must try build it now if I want to grow, some herb this year. Thanks for the info and the advices, cheers friend!

funkyhorse

Angus said this one is not good quality
Highland Lao #1, I have 2 girls and another one went full intersex in my environment
This plant was grown in a 5 liter pot and the girl was attacked by the local ants who found her exotic and delicious
She recovered and produced some buds
I hope Angus is wrong on this one, it would be very nice if it smokes as it looks
Highland Laos fem 1.jpeg
Highland Laos fem 1 (2).jpeg
Highland Laos fem 1 (3).jpeg
Highland Laos fem 1 (4).jpeg

musigny23

Where did he say that? I remember him saying that the seeds came from the seasons first planting and harvest rather than the more optimal second one. The second planting usually gives better quality due to conditions, not genetics. I grew a few last year and one was really good and the other was slightly less good but still nice.

Cvh

Supermod
If I remember correctly Angus was talking about the germ rate. I can remember him given these for free with other freebies because of this reason.

http://web.archive.org/web/202008052...ighland-lao-2/

Real Seed Co July 1, 2020
Uncategorized
Current freebie seeds with any order of any strain in any quantity are 12 Kumaoni plus 12 ex-stock Highland Lao #2.

What exactly happened with these Highland Lao #2 seeds isn’t clear. Initially they tested at +90% germination. Mysteriously, a month later they were down to around 10% to 20% germination, both inside and outside Laos.

It should still be possible to get at least a couple of nice plants from them. The plants that do show are healthy and vigorous. This is an authentic Lao landrace from the main centre of “Thai” ganja production in Southeast Asia.

Brother Nature

I got some of these as freebies with my order from them. I got the laos and Kumaoni and some Kaghan Valley seeds. None of the laos actually germmed so if you got one that did, you've probably got something half-way decent mate. The Kaghan Valley plants actually turned out to be the most interesting from the group that I grew outdoors (all the inside plants were fire), haven't tried the Kumaoni yet though. RSC has some amazing and rare genetics, their Afghaan 90 has given me one of the most resinous plants I've ever grown and the single female I got from their c99 (kwik seeds) is fucking amazing.

funkyhorse

Where did he say that? I remember him saying that the seeds came from the seasons first planting and harvest rather than the more optimal second one. The second planting usually gives better quality due to conditions, not genetics. I grew a few last year and one was really good and the other was slightly less good but still nice.

Hi Musigny
In this Instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/B919y17HsNW/
If you read through the dialogs in that post you can read he said in his answer to marijuannial when he asked: lao1=early finishes, lao2=best phenos?
Answer: Highland Lao #1 was just cut early. I wouldn't bother with it. Go with #2

I asked him about it, this is his answer:
the seeds I listed as Highland Lao were the first of the new season's seeds that I could get hold of - which is why I listed them

the reason I said don't bother with them is just that there's not much point growing them when the Highland Lao #2 is a proper representation of the serious commercial landrace found in Bolikhamsai, and grown properly

Highland Lao #2 is from serious ganja farmers, whereas the first Bolikhamsai isn't - no serious ganja farmer cuts their crop at the end of October

but it's important to distinguish between the strain and the end product --- the thing to realize with traditional ganja landraces is that perhaps more than with any other type of Cannabis, aspects like terroir (soil, climate) and technique are absolutely crucial to the quality of the end product

that's why farmers used to like to grow along the Mekong - not just for ease of irrigation, but also because the soil there (ultimately from eastern Tibet) makes for great ganja

the same is true of most famous regions, e.g. Idukki

My understanding is I wouldnt bother with #1 go with #2 is that #1 is not good quality or as good as #2 or the rest of Lao accessions
I personally think that a plant that has been chopped early is not an indicative of the quality of seed if grown to maturity, you get different results. But it is just a thinking, at least is what happens in my grows when I chop a plant mature or not, I certainly find differences in bud quality
Donald Mallard said that a lot of southeastasian brick is chopped before maturity, I guess it is done this way for commercial reasons. When I was in Asia smoking this stuff, I never grew a plant so I didnt know back then if it was mature or not as most consumers, I just knew if it was good quality or not

Being from the same Bolikhamxai area is probably the seeds are all mixed with the neighbours one so one thing is the quality of bud and another is the quality of seed that this certain bud contains and that was my idea from the beginning.

Did anyone grow Highland Lao #1 and #2 together? Any notorious difference found in quality?

The ones given as freebies were Highland Laos #2
I hope it helps

Chi13

ICMag Donor
The Laos 2 freebies offereed late last year did not germinate for me, just as Angus said. It has now been restocked though I see. That's probably the Laos I would go for and I will get a pack, although I am sure they are all pretty good.

Stuff I smoked in Laos a few years ago may be the best pot I've ever had, and I am old enough to have had Thai stick, if you like old sativa's that is. Beautiful euphoric, stimulating, and uplifting high, with no paranoia. Rocket ship take off high.

Whether you can recreate it in your grow environment may be another thing. :ying:

Green Squall

I had a 7/7 germination rate on the Sherberghan, although two almost didn't take off, one of which is a runt, but I'm still keeping them. They'll be grown outdoors here in the Northeast US, which might be risky, but I'm going to take clones in case I find something interesting.

LostTribe

Premium user
Angus said this one is not good quality
Highland Lao #1, I have 2 girls and another one went full intersex in my environment
This plant was grown in a 5 liter pot and the girl was attacked by the local ants who found her exotic and delicious
She recovered and produced some buds
I hope Angus is wrong on this one, it would be very nice if it smokes as it looks

From what I read he said the 2 was better than the one due to the 1 being taken from plants cut prematurely. It also sounded like they may be from the same line. He recommended me the 2 just recently but I keep waiting to see if he is able to restock any of the thai.

Anyone heard anything about if/when they might restock anything or get any new landrace asian ladies?

LT

Latest posts

Latest posts