What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

Red October

Anyone have experience with the RSC Highland Thai? Wonder if they will be able to restock it?
from a previous post by another member they grew out the Laos Muang Sing and highland Thai and said they seem to be from the same or similar source, the Laos Muang Sing he did mention did yeild lower in comparison though. Struggling to find the post though.

musigny23

from a previous post by another member they grew out the Laos Muang Sing and highland Thai and said they seem to be from the same or similar source, the Laos Muang Sing he did mention did yeild lower in comparison though. Struggling to find the post though.

I posted that I grew out the RSC Mango Thai from a November 2019 purchase (not long after that it switched to a slightly different source) and the Muang Sing Lao from Khalifa Genetics. They were the same strain. No doubt about it. The main difference was the health and vigor. The RSC was the vigorous healthy one. It came direct from Laos. The Khalifa had been obtained from a reproduced line of probably at least two or three generations.

Very slow and long flowering. I didn't get good yield at all due to my outdoor conditions getting poorer as November progressed. Would be really nice with proper conditions all the way to finish.

musigny23

Oh, at the moment the Covid Emergency decree in Thailand restricting travel is preventing restock of all the RSC Thai/Lao types. It just got extended again till the end of March. Very frustrating but it seems Angus has no way around it.

Red October

I posted that I grew out the RSC Mango Thai from a November 2019 purchase (not long after that it switched to a slightly different source) and the Muang Sing Lao from Khalifa Genetics. They were the same strain. No doubt about it. The main difference was the health and vigor. The RSC was the vigorous healthy one. It came direct from Laos. The Khalifa had been obtained from a reproduced line of probably at least two or three generations.

Very slow and long flowering. I didn't get good yield at all due to my outdoor conditions getting poorer as November progressed. Would be really nice with proper conditions all the way to finish.
Yup yours was the post I couldn't find:D thanks musigny.

Element115

Oh, at the moment the Covid Emergency decree in Thailand restricting travel is preventing restock of all the RSC Thai/Lao types. It just got extended again till the end of March. Very frustrating but it seems Angus has no way around it.

Last edited:

FletchF.Fletch

Nice Indy Fletch ....anything floral or berry ?

Hey there herbgreen,

Thanks, she is Lovely. Lost Tribe also asked about the Aroma, but I couldn't figure out how to quote both questions in one answer. Lots of Floral after an initial blast of Coffee and Almonds. One Sister has the Purple Pistils starting and she has a Berry, Floral thing going on.

herbgreen

Veteran
Very nice....To do a multi - quote right side lower next to quick reply that is the multi-quote manager

click it and everything you want in the post then ...well something like that:D

bleepboop

Lifespan of a 2nd generation Tirah. Popped 6 to try and most were male. Gassy/fuel. Bit of leaf necrosis and not the most vigorous. Occasional bananas were sterile. Wish I'd taken more photos tbh.

Day 16 since showing female. On the right.

picture.php

Day 16 lower

picture.php

Day 34

picture.php

Day 56

picture.php

TheDarkStorm

These are 2 different TRSC Congo girls after 37 days in the flower room. TRSC Kongolese show sex between 18-30 days and they have stretched x7 so far and keep going up. Big internode distance
View Image View Image

My two Kongo boys showed sex after 18 days and both hermied at the same time 12 days later, they are kaput

View Image

Any updates on this funkyhorse please......id love to hear what you think of it....thanks

aliceklar

Anyone have experience with the RSC Highland Thai? Wonder if they will be able to restock it?

I grew it last year - tall plants (if you are doing them indoors you will need to train them), and slow to mature, but its a lovely clear high. The description on the website is sound. Surprisingly chunky buds on the one female I got from 3 plants. Just lost the cutting I took of it to spider mites :(

funkyhorse

First I would like to point out that I decided to post only on not commercially available strains
There are a lot of interests in the canna world that are being touched when you post truth, and I am not into affecting commercial interests for good or bad with my posts. It doesnt matter if I like the people behind these businesses or not, facts and truth affects commercial business, I hope you understand, I certainly disagree with all the semantic manipulation bullshit going on and the lack of respect it implies and the way it misleads purposedly to customers.
For instance, Ukhrul is part of Manipur bordering with Nagaland but it is certainly not Imphal Valley. When you sell a strain called Manipuri which is from Imphal Valley and the freebies you give under Manipuri name are from Ukhrul, this is a prime example of semantic manipulation bullshit I find when I grow these Manipuri freebies together with Ukhrul. Beautiful plants but this semantic bullshit makes provider not reliable, it makes me waste space and time

Now with the questions asked:
Those faggot Congo ladyboys went hermie outdoors, not indoors. Girls were kept indoors because I suspected if I take them out, same thing would happen. I am seeing from this seedbank plenty of hermies in at least half the strains. It seems when these seedbanks preserve and open pollinate the only thing they are preserving are LGBT genetics
TDS, you can see the progress of the plants at this thread:
Congo 1 has developed a little resin but it is not sticky at all, same like Congo 2
This is Congo 1 top shot at 96 days
View Image

Congo 3 is the most vigorous of the 3, have the longest huge branches of up to 2 meter length, it is the latest flowering one and the only one holding some impressive resin
Congo 3 lower bud at 96 days
View Image
Congo 3 top shot
View Image

All plants are chopped. Congo 1 and Congo 2 are Congo rope. When you see and try stuff like this the first answer arriving to your mind is that those Gatersleben doctors are biopirates but not ganja smokers. And then you ask yourself why this shit is being copied and repirated in Spain. I can understand Angus selling whatever bullshit people want to buy

Out of the 5 plants I grew, Congo 3 holds little hope for some quality, she is the only resinous girl. All of the girls have same green smell, cant describe it, but is kind of herbal. Not coffee nor leather in any of my samples
This is Congo 3, it was chopped at 124 days, same like Congo 2 which was ready at the same time than Congo 1 but I used the plant for supporting others until I took the indoor plants outdoors. Congo 1 was chopped at 110 days

Congo 3 banana bark fermentation

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I made 2 cobs out of Congo 3, yesterday made another one with 82 grams of only buds, no sticks nor seeds in this brick. Very productive strain, I hope the fermentation brings some high to it, I have some buds left in the jar to compare how they smoke

picture.php

Have a nice weekend everybody

Hi there!
​I have a question (or more) about TRSC, how the plants develop?, are the seeds really legit?, wich are the most potent landrace sativa that TRSC have?, how goes the congolese or kerala?, their malawi is the real deal, the authentic old school malawi?, help me please i need to know, cheers men!
​​​​​

musigny23

Hi there!
​I have a question (or more) about TRSC, how the plants develop?, are the seeds really legit?, wich are the most potent landrace sativa that TRSC have?, how goes the congolese or kerala?, their malawi is the real deal, the authentic old school malawi?, help me please i need to know, cheers men!
​​​​​

There are many types. Development is quite variable, to be expected and normal. "Potency" also varies, as does the effects. RSC "landrace" types are genuine which means they may be domesticated in the region they come from but will not be like heavily worked and bred like seedbank types. Heirloom types are a little more selected and bred. The Congolese, Kerala and Malawi might be more like heirlooms than the old world regional domesticates and wild types.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Some cultivars are collected in the country of origin, some are cultivated here in the west and some are from gene banks like the Congo.
There is no analysis of the cultivars available, but for the most potent I would go for the Congo or Kerala.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I think their Manipuri is reputed to be their strongest unalturated sativa. They've put up THC percentages up on some strains like the Kerala, which is in the range of 15% THC if I recall..