What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

More Erdpurt x Friesland (M33) @ 5wk & 5d Flower

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Not sure hwy the pics flipped...

Smells like Pine Sol floor cleaner with berry Pie and Coffee all mixed up. Pretty wild.

p59teitel

I get sideways pics too if I don't resize them before posting. Some weird glitch here that impacts iPhone pics, I guess.

Brother Nature

Man that Erdpurt x Friesland looks great!!

Went to check out my Iranian plant and found this 10th 'finger' growing out on one of my fan leaves... Kinda cool...

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks Brother! Jealous you got some Iranians going. Mine were all male!

Here's some more pics from the week. Braught em down today at 7 weeks-ish, give or take. Had about 5% amber Under the microscope.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

sorry im not the best photographer...kinda leafy but I vape so I don't mind, its all the same. Also going to press allot of the smaller stuff for rosin. I think the buds could have been bigger with better lighting control. I think i let them stretch too much for the light to effectively hit down low. Also, this tiny tent was a bit crowded, i'm used to growing outdoors.

achille

Veteran
Afgaan 90 (Dwarf Broad-Leaflet) from the Real Seed Company.

I have two males and one female. The two males have the typical musky stinky hash smell and the female smells like lime.

The female lime pheno:
picture.php

A male:
picture.php

Afgaan 90 (Dwarf Broad-Leaflet) from the Real Seed Company.

I have two males and one female. The two males have the typical musky stinky hash smell and the female smells like lime.

Oh lucky you Achille ! I wanted to grab me some dwarf BLD too but it sold out :'( Will you make seeds ? Rare strain indeed !

Brother Nature

Would love to hear a smoke report on the Afgaan 90 and to know if you would grow it again?

I am growing both again, from clones, mostly because I didn't have the room dialed in well last run so wanted to see if they have even more potential. They both matched the description on RSC's site quite well, I preferred the longer flowering, thinner leaved pheno. If I were a commercial grower I'd not keep either, but I'm not so I'm keeping both. I did a journal on them and a couple others recently and the smoke reports are in there, page 4 and 5.

Afghaan 90 #2 final report
Overall this plant is pretty good, probably could have let her go a week longer but still happy with the end product, though she was a bitch to trim. She has a very 'classic' weed look, taste, and high to me, definitely different from a lot of the modern hybrids.

Yield for plant: 62g. Has the potential for a lot more, but she was only in a 2.7l pot and I didn't veg her that long or train her much. Would make an excellent sog plant.

Smell: Complex haha. It's hard to pinpoint, but I'd say it's mostly burnt rubber, dark chocolate, a bit of coffee and pine and a nice bit of sweet fruitiness to top it all off.

Taste: Very much coffee with a sweet fermented fruit like taste.

High: Very relaxing is the best way to put it. Just makes everything around you feel great, like nothing can go wrong in life. No ceiling I can find either, but also no anxiety when overindulging so that should be good for less seasoned smokers. Definitely induces munchies.

Music: It really doesn't focus me to any particular style, it makes everything just sound a little better.

The other Afghaan 90
Forgot to post the dried review of the other Afghaan 90. She went to 10 weeks before showing a decent amount of amber trichs, had very thin leaves for an Indica as well.

Yield for plant: 82g. She was very very leafy, but the nice, covered in trichs sort of leaf. Ended up with an additional 33g of very tasty looking trim, should be good for edibles.

Smell: After trimming she had a bit of a different smell. It's got a very fermented citrus smell to it, with a bit of burnt rubber, skunk, and herbs to it.

Taste: Very herbal, with a heavy hash feel to it.

High: Stronger than I expected. Easily as strong as the gg4 cross, but a very different high, very indica in nature, but also very clear and mellow, a good cerebral aspect to it too. No anxiety, makes you want to go for a walk in nature and when you do you appreciate things a little more, the grass is greener and the trees are happier.

Music: Makes pretty much any music better, been jamming bluegrass more with this strain.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=377881

the afghani's look nice.. anyone grown out freak chunk ?? ive got my eyes on here seeing as i cant get a hold of the original tom hill DC :(

Sunshineinabag

I'm testing out my 1st LED now and it's a SF4000 with dimmer knob built-in. I have another SF4000 when I expand things.
It has some IR LED's in the panel and they say it helps speed up Phytochrome conversion which allows the plants to
produce a greater yield. I do like the fact that they produce a lot less heat than MH. There's 4 types of LED bulbs in
the panel. Warm White Light 3000K, Blue Light 5000K, Red Light 660nm and IR 760nm. I like what I see thus far.

Sorry got off track I'm back

Sunshineinabag

Thanks Brother! Jealous you got some Iranians going. Mine were all male!

Here's some more pics from the week. Braught em down today at 7 weeks-ish, give or take. Had about 5% amber Under the microscope.

View Image

View Image

View Image

sorry im not the best photographer...kinda leafy but I vape so I don't mind, its all the same. Also going to press allot of the smaller stuff for rosin. I think the buds could have been bigger with better lighting control. I think i let them stretch too much for the light to effectively hit down low. Also, this tiny tent was a bit crowded, i'm used to growing outdoors.

SNOW TACOS!

herbgreen

Veteran
Tirah - real seed company

Description
Genetics: Traditional Hindu Kush Domesticate (“Landrace”)
Sourcing: Landrace Genetics, Tirah Valley, Hindu Kush, 2019 Harvest
Purpose: Charas (sieved resin)
Latitude: 33° N
Harvest: late-September through October
Height: 1 – 4 meters
Aroma: Coffee, hazelnut, hash, citrus, kush, earthy musk
Characteristics: Resinous, narcotic effect, broad- to narrow-leafleted, early maturing
Classification: C. sativa subsp. indica var. afghanica x C. sativa subsp. indica var. indica
Grow Type: Outdoors, greenhouse, or indoors

An authentic Hindu Kush domesticate from Tirah Valley, a renowned centre of hashish production in Northwest Pakistan, bordering Afghanistan. Tirah crops exhibit a spectrum of variation from Indica-type plants, i.e. short and heavily branched with relatively broad leaflets, to Sativa-type variants, as in the “Khyber Sativa” strain of old seedbank catalogues.

Tirah Valley is in a region once known as the Tribal Agencies, a mountainous and ethnically Pashtun (Afghan) area beyond the direct control of the Pakistan government. The valley cuts through Orakzai, Kurram, and Khyber agencies. It’s a major centre of Cannabis cultivation and best known for Tirah garda, a refined form of hashish with a potent, narcotic effect. Tirah garda is usually blonde or golden, though it darkens and ‘melts’ with age.

This accession is from the 2019 harvest. Seeds have been hand-selected from plants with desirable traits such as intense resin, high yield, and impressive aromas.

Every serious collector should have seeds from the Pakistani Hindu Kush in their collection. It won’t be long before the Internet brings modern hybrid seed to Pakistan in a big way too, as is already happening across India.