What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

Erdpurt x Friealand @ wk 4F

I got these seeds by mistake, actually ordered Friesland from kwik but got sent these on accident, and now I think they may be mislabeled. The smell has evolved into something funky but enjoyable, there's no purple on either plants as would be expected in this cross as with almost any erdpurt cross even with temps getting into the 50s every night and hovering in the 60s every day. No pink pistils as seen in almost every Erdpurt or Friealand grow, and the leaf structure and architecture both don't resemble either parents. Also would have expected at least one of the expression to show much bigger buds coming from a Friesland parent. Not unhappy with the result, still really enjoying it, just wish I knew what they were.

Edit to say, I was offered a replacement months ago for this mix-up, just an FYI.

picture.php

Last edited:

harvestreaper

Veteran
does it matter where it was first used,, it only leads to divisional conclusions seems pointless ,,always thought the plant was holy simply because it dont create bs in our spirits example ,take xtc youll hug people you cant stand,, take lsd youll see things that aint there,,take cocaine youll think your cooler better looking than you really are take heroin youll think your sunbathing on a beech while a rats eating your foot off etc etc etc but spitually speaking the blessed herb alighns us only to truth

does it matter where it was first used,, it only leads to divisional conclusions seems pointless ,,always thought the plant was holy simply because it dont create bs in our spirits example ,take xtc youll hug people you cant stand,, take lsd youll see things that aint there,,take cocaine youll think your cooler better looking than you really are take heroin youll think your sunbathing on a beech while a rats eating your foot off etc etc etc but spitually speaking the blessed herb alighns us only to truth

I mean yes I understand your perspective and agree with some of your points but this is also a hobby and it's fun to talk about and preserve interesting genetics. Not like I'll personally enjoy it any less simply because I don't know the genetic origin. It's still going to be better than most of the herb available at the dispensaries currently.

And just an FYI, LSD as well as other psychedelics such as mushrooms are highly "aligning" to the truth when used in an introspective context. Probably more so than cannabis.

harvestreaper

Veteran
I mean yes I understand your perspective and agree with some of your points but this is also a hobby and it's fun to talk about and preserve interesting genetics. Not like I'll personally enjoy it any less simply because I don't know the genetic origin. It's still going to be better than most of the herb available at the dispensaries currently.

And just an FYI, LSD as well as other psychedelics such as mushrooms are highly "aligning" to the truth when used in an introspective context. Probably more so than cannabis.

feel free,, agreed all the time its fun and not a battle its all good nothing wrong with collecting knowledge its the negativity clearly being displayed on this particular quest is what to me seems pointless,,agree also with your point with lsd very much the case for myself to but my hope was just to make points comparing them to the herb

ngakpa

Veteran
does it matter where it was first used.... the blessed herb alighns us only to truth

a fair paraphrase of the first question is

"does the truth matter?"

yes, of course it f-ing matters

the last 10 or so years have seen a worldwide assault on objective truth

pick a side

ngakpa

Veteran
Erdpurt x Friealand

I got these seeds by mistake, actually ordered Friesland from kwik but got sent these on accident, and now I think they may be mislabeled....

...just wish I knew what they were.

it would be nice if you mentioned being sent the correct Friesland seeds, subsequently -

which you will have been if you reported this to us, as I'm pretty sure you did

anyway, these are Erdpurt x Friesland, enjoy

ngakpa

Veteran
can ngakpa give any more info on the characteristics of the Badakshan of the Kunduz? There are already description of the Balkhi and Mazar on the site, but I couldnt find any descriptions of growth habit or effects for the Kunduz or Badakshan.

Peace, AK

the seeds were collected in Kunduz and Badakshan

they aren't necessarily "strains"

the names are the names of the places they were collected

if the kind of detailed information you're expecting was available, it would alfready be in the strain description

and given the immense phenotypic plasticity of Cannabis, it's unrealistic to think that I or anyone would able to divine how plants collected in Afghanistan in 2019 would then behave in entirely different conditions on the other side of the world

and given that variation within these populations can be greater than between them, it's doubly unrealistic to think you will be able to know which plant is from which population

harvestreaper

Veteran
a fair paraphrase of the first question is

"does the truth matter?"

yes, of course it f-ing matters

the last 10 or so years have seen a worldwide assault on objective truth

pick a side

slow down brother please only comment on my actual words i did not in any way shape or form say truth dont matter,, to me it is as you say,, f ing ,,everything ,,,as for the origins of hash when the truth is revealed it can and will be proven as is all truth ,,right now it looks like a competition but hey crack on was merely a comment i

ngakpa

Veteran
slow down brother please only comment on my actual words i did not in any way shape or form say truth dont matter,, to me it is as you say,, f ing ,,everything ,,,as for the origins of hash when the truth is revealed it can and will be proven as is all truth ,,right now it looks like a competition but hey crack on was merely a comment i

to be fair, what I responded to was the meaning of your words

and re. "competition"

I'm not having a go at you, but it needs saying:

using false equivalence to frame "debates" is part of what has got the world into the mess it's now in

in other words:

when a Nancy Reagan style prohibitionist evangelist says cannabis is the work of the Devil and turns your kids into gay communists, no honest person pretends that opinion carries equal weight to the knowledge acquired over years of careful research by a scientist

same goes for when a dipshit boomer on a computer thinks he's discovered the truth about meteorology and knows better than the verifiable consensus among the world's climate scientists, which is now more rock solid than the consensus on tobacco causing cancer

no exaggeration

false equivalence is dangerous

I don't know if you're from the States or elsewhere, but the West needs to get a fucking grip right now, especially America

harvestreaper

Veteran
to be fair, what I responded to was the meaning of your words

and re. "competition"

I'm not having a go at you, but it needs saying:

using false equivalence to frame "debates" is part of what has got the world into the mess it's now in

in other words:

when a Nancy Reagan style prohibitionist evangelist says cannabis is the work of the Devil and turns your kids into gay communists, no honest person pretends that opinion carries equal weight to the knowledge acquired over years of careful research by a scientist

same goes for when a dipshit boomer on a computer thinks he's discovered the truth about meteorology and knows better than the verifiable consensus among the world's climate scientists, which is now more rock solid than the consensus on tobacco causing cancer

no exaggeration

false equivalence is dangerous

I don't know if you're from the States or elsewhere, but the West needs to get a fucking grip right now, especially America

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=61379&pictureid=2096553&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

i dont think it is fair at all to take my words and say your interpretation of them is the same ,im not offended but to me its a liberty lol,i would not do that to you ,, if its truth your after do not add or take away ,, im fully aware of the value of truth ,,i admitt i see little value in finding the first written accounts of hashish as to me they would carry little weight ,,who was in control of what was written and what was not back then? were they good honest wholesome people who represented the truth ? we simply dont know so its hard to use these accounts as little more than markers , they are nowhere near a proven truth imo ,,and before these written accounts we are unable find out what the knowledge and usage of hash on earth was to any satisfactory degree,, i doubt anyone will ever know so it seems like someone wants to find the first written accounts an put a flag there again i admitt that has zero value to me but that dont mean im against others putting value on it as im a believer that from our own unique experiances of life weve all got something to bring to the table :tiphat:

ngakpa

Veteran
im starting to feel a ll foolish like they guy who trys to stop a domestic and both the husband and wife attack him lol

do you genuinely not see how this is exactly the false equivalence I'm talking about?

also, there's not an emotional dispute here

there's a question:

how did Cannabis originate and cannabis culture develop?

and to answer that there are broadly two approaches:

1. Google and Ctrl + F and pulling stuff out of your ass because it suits your self-image

2. research using scientific methodology by botanists etc and rigorous philological studies of ancient sources by Sanskritists

does it really need further explaining why putting those approaches on an equal footing is exactly the problem?

harvestreaper

Veteran
do you genuinely not see how this is exactly the false equivalence I'm talking about?

also, there's not an emotional dispute here

there's a question:

how did Cannabis originate and cannabis culture develop?

and to answer that there are broadly two approaches:

1. Google and Ctrl + F and pulling stuff out of your ass because it suits your self-image

2. research using scientific methodology by botanists etc and rigorous philological studies of ancient sources by Sanskritists

does it really need further explaining why putting those approaches on an equal footing is exactly the problem?

you just quoted a humorous comment not a scientific fact or misinformation,,,,,i understand you,, i just see it a lil diffrent for me the truths were you hear it,, could be a botanist or a child truth makes no distinction,,were not judging on the work/effort put it were judging on the proven truth produced , not sure if you were referring to me with the self image stuff but i can tell you most assuredly truth dont care what you or i want it is what it is and that why i love it

ngakpa

Veteran
you just quoted a humorous comment not a scientific fact or misinformation,,,,,i understand you,, i just see it a lil diffrent for me the truths were you hear it,, could be a botanist or a child truth makes no distinction,,were not judging on the work/effort put it were judging on the proven truth produced , not sure if you were referring to me with the self image stuff but i can tell you most assuredly truth dont care what you or i want it is what it is and that why i love it

the implication of what you've typed there is that we can just as well as expect any kid to provide reliable information about the history of Cannabis as we could a scientist applying the scientific method over years of rigorous research

so, sorry, taking that together with your comments about the historical record not being a reliable source of information about the past, I'm going to have go with your probably not understanding me tbh

nothing personal, but I'm so very f-ing tired with this half-baked relativising drivel

you've got a wannabe dictator in the White House, plain as day, and people are dribbling on like this

get a grip folks

it would be nice if you mentioned being sent the correct Friesland seeds, subsequently -

which you will have been if you reported this to us, as I'm pretty sure you did

anyway, these are Erdpurt x Friesland, enjoy

Hey ngakpa,

I wasn't, but to be fair I was offered a replacement, of which I never followed up on. Sorry for unintentionally leaving that bit out. My post wasn't meant to be a complaint. Have u personally grown out this cross?

Best

ngakpa

Veteran
Hey ngakpa,

I wasn't, but to be fair I was offered a replacement, of which I never followed up on. Sorry for unintentionally leaving that bit out. My post wasn't meant to be a complaint. Have u personally grown out this cross?

Best

no worries, I'd had about 10 times the necessary level of caffeine this morning

email me re. that, and the source of this cross has kept both halves of the cross going in pure form for years now

thedudefresco

I remember reading a translation of one of the Greek Philosophers back in school and there was mention of stories of barbarians dancing around hemp seeds cast into a fire or something like that.

Anyways.

ngakpa,

Assuming temperatures remain hospitable, can you tell me about any long flowering varietals that might theoretically be planted outdoor offseason (Fall) and still yield well in Spring despite growing under this "classically" unorthodox photoperiod?

Edit: I want to experiment with growing "sativas" during the offseason, taking advantage of the fact that these plants tend to grow much more than "indicas" do during the stretch phase. I have already experimented with supplemental outdoor lighting at night to extend photoperiod and keep plants in veg during offseason (gaslantern routine). Now I want to ditch the light and focus more on genetics. I'm curious if a long flowering sativa that tends to grow a bunch and put on many budsites during stretch can be a worthwhile outdoor grow when short flowering plants would not be worthwhile.

harvestreaper

Veteran
the implication of what you've typed there is that we can just as well as expect any kid to provide reliable information about the history of Cannabis as we could a scientist applying the scientific method over years of rigorous research

so, sorry, taking that together with your comments about the historical record not being a reliable source of information about the past, I'm going to have go with your probably not understanding me tbh

nothing personal, but I'm so very f-ing tired with this half-baked relativising drivel

you've got a wannabe dictator in the White House, plain as day, and people are dribbling on like this

get a grip folks
you cannot resist re editing what i say can you ,, i understand you fine now me saying truth were you here it equals no diffrence bewteen a botanist an a kid ?lol creating a narrative were im sayng research books dont matter ?man your the one who dont seem to understand ,your like a fucking newspaper man ,you tie my comments into state of world an now trump and call it drivel i think your a bit rude for my taste it seems you redit people words and argue that redidit on which equates to arguing wth yourself and your telling me to get a grip?? ,,i certainly aint looking for lessons in life off you young man crack on im done

ngakpa

Veteran
you cannot resist re editing what i say can you ,, i understand you fine now me saying truth were you here it equals no diffrence bewteen a botanist an a kid ?lol creating a narrative were im sayng research books dont matter ?man your the one who dont seem to understand ,your like a fucking newspaper man ,you tie my comments into state of world an now trump and call it drivel i think your a bit rude for my taste it seems you redit people words and argue that redidit on which equates to arguing wth yourself and your telling me to get a grip?? ,,i certainly aint looking for lessons in life off you young man crack on im done

to be fair I was rude - but I did try to make sure it was clear it wasn't meant as a personal insult

thing is, using words without respect for what they mean - or backtracking on what was clearly implied - isn't ideal either

the implication of what you wrote was as spelled out

and I genuinely am tired with this whole "it's all just relative" talk, which is so much a part of how we've got into the present mess in the world