What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

sbeanonnamellow

^ A while back made a tumbler out of a Ronco rotisserie

Set it & forget it...

Can also use bubble bags, or water sieve bags with dry ice too. Or so I've read, never given it a whirl myself I'm clumsy enough to freeze/burn myself with that stuff. Much love

Brother Nature

Kaghan Valley plants, sex unknown, very little branching out. Got a bit ravaged by slugs/snails at first, have recovered well. Don't particularly care how these turn out, I just wanted to grow them for the sake of it, ornamental cannabis. :D Will be pretty happy if I get smoke off them though.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ngakpa

Veteran
it's the start of the season there, right?

if so, these should get big

and as long as they get well into flower you can make some jungli hash off them

GoatCheese

Veteran
hurt your eyes maybe from staring too hard at chemtrails?
Aluminium-polymer slurry will certainly do that to your eyes.

Chemtrails - German weather researchers reveal militrary chemtrails on mainstream media (RTL)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlokJx78Chs

It seems you have something in your eyes that made you miss the post by Roms where he said he has actually talked to Moroccan farmers. You really don’t like people challenging your view points at all, do you ngakpa?:gaga: You’re bit of a joke, mate.

Hey go to Morocco and the Rif and talk to elders farmers to know the true, that's what i did!

Lol in real i see a lot of disinformation from you, as a wrong archetype of Westerners that repeat false historical info again and again, too bad!

Brother Nature

it's the start of the season there, right?

if so, these should get big

and as long as they get well into flower you can make some jungli hash off them

Yeah the season's pretty much started here. I'm hoping they'll get large here and the plan was to make some hash from them. Either way it's going to be interesting to see how wild varieties will grow compared to the modern plants. Have a couple nice Iranian plants of your guys' out there as well, one male and one female, both are looking pretty amazing.

Female:
picture.php

picture.php

Male (on the left):

picture.php

ngakpa

Veteran
just for the benefit of other readers:

saying "the sieving technique had already been in the Med region for centuries"

isn't the same as saying

"no Moroccan ever learned the sieving technique from a Westerner"

in fact, I discuss Moroccans learning the sieving technique from Westerners in the post I wrote on charas

For context, we already know Cannabis smoking was in the region since at least the 1200s
https://www.alhambra-patronato.es/pipas-nazari

ngakpa

Veteran
Yeah the season's pretty much started here. I'm hoping they'll get large here

they ought to turn into monsters, especially the Kaghan I guess

they should start branching plenty soon, but there could well be some domesticate influence in the mix, e.g. multipurpose fibre-seed-drug types, which might explain how its staying to the central stem for now

Roms

Veteran
For context, we already know Cannabis smoking was in the region since at least the 1200s
https://www.alhambra-patronato.es/pipas-nazari

:muahaha:

Historians agree to establish the existence of cannabis cultures in the center Rif date back to the arrival of Arab immigrants to the region from the 7th century!

And in real i think it's probably far more older from the bronze age and from North Europe! That's why Berber people used to smoke it as kief in sibsi and not as haschich! The later Arab arrival with hasch plants genetics is very relative because cannabis was certainly already present in the area and in the Berber culture.

Vibes @GoatCheese thank you!

ngakpa

Veteran
:muahaha:

Historians agree to establish the existence of cannabis cultures in the center Rif date back to the arrival of Arab immigrants to the region from the 7th century!

"historians agree"

as always, feel free to substantiate your claims any time you are actually able...

also, feel free to Google the meaning of "at least"

in the meantime, based on genuine research e.g. by Rosenthal, references to Cannabis in Arab literature or law are completely absent until iirc the 11th century, and even then it's guesswork that's what is meant

the earliest pipe in Al Andalus dates c. 10th century

questions like how early Cannabis was cultivated in the Rif will eventually be resolved by pollen studies

djonkoman

Veteran
"historians agree"

as always, feel free to substantiate your claims any time you are actually able...

in the meantime, based on genuine research e.g. by Rosenthal, references to Cannabis in Arab literature or law are completely absent until iirc the 11th century, and even then it's guesswork that's what is meant

questions like how early Cannabis was cultivated in the Rif will eventually be resolved by pollen studies

a bit different from morocco and spain(hope this is not too far off-topic), but some years ago I stumbled upon a news article from some archeological find around here(in the netherlands) they found when building a new railroad.

now first off I want to say I totally agree with you to be very carefull in making concrete conclusions. and history is not my area of expertise at all. so I'm not making any claims here, just noting an interesting datapoint, and curious what your evaluation of it is.

but with that note, this find is always something that I've wondered about, since if true it would suggest a possibility for very early use of cannabis in europe, that goes beyond fiber/seed.

unfortunatly, I can only find this dutch source right now:
https://archeologieonline.nl/nieuws/mogelijk-cannabis-in-4200-jaar-oud-graf-aangetroffen

but the gist of it is, they found a grave near the village 'hattemerbroek', dated to between 2459-2203 BC (weirdly specific numbers, but I guess they have a reason), belonging to the bell beaker culture.

it says this man was buried in a pit with the sides covered in wooden planks, on the bottom was a reed mat with on it (likely) flowers of the plant mead wort (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filipendula_ulmaria).

besides that they found pollen from another plant, which they think(but are not 100% sure) is cannabis. it says the reason they doubt this identification is because it would be the earliest such find in the netherlands, but they say it does look like cannabis, and the other plant(mead wort) is known for medical purposes, so for this reason they think cannabis would be a likely suspect too.
they further note the amount of flowers(of mead wort) must have been huge, going by the amount of pollen. they also note that also barley and wheat were found in the grave.

so I'm wondering what you, with your better view on history than me, would make of such a find? meaningless/useless outlier, or a clue to potentially something bigger yet to be discovered?

Roms

Veteran
"historians agree"

Production de cannabis et de haschich au Maroc : contexte et enjeux (openedition.org)

"The plant is said to have appeared in the Maghreb in the 7th century AD during the Arab invasions before its cultivation was established around Ketama, in the Sanhaja country, in the heart of the Rif, in the 15th century. It was not until much later, in the 19th century, that Sultan Moulay Hassan I (1873-1894) officially authorized the cultivation of cannabis for local consumption in five douars, or villages, of the Ketama, Beni Seddate and the Beni Khaled, probably to contribute to the pacification of the region (Labrousse, Romero, 2001; OGD, 1996; UNODC, 2003)."

"Cannabis cultivation has only recently exploded in Morocco. Indeed, until the 1980s, crops were little developed and remained geographically limited: less than 10,000 hectares were cultivated annually, in the heart of the Rif, during the 1970s. Several factors would have played a role in the increase in crops. during the 1980s, among which the prolonged economic crisis of the Rif, the insufficient development of the modernization and mechanization of agriculture, in part due to a geographical isolation that it accentuated, and the inability of emigration opportunities to compensate for the crisis. But the increase in European demand for hashish which began in the 1960s and, above all, in the 1970s, probably played a not insignificant role in the increase in the area cultivated with cannabis and in the development of the industry. Moroccan hashish. In any case, it is European demand that has transformed the traditional kif industry, from a mixture of two thirds of marijuana and one third of black tobacco, into the more modern one of hashish. By becoming in the 1960s one of the favorite destinations for hippies, Morocco has in fact seen its production of kif evolve towards that of hashish. European hash smokers until then had mainly access to hashish from the Near East and Asia: Lebanese, Turkish, Afghan, Pakistani, Indian, Nepalese."

"If no precise date can be put forward as to the appearance of hashish production in Morocco, Robert Connell Clarke specifies, however, that while two visitors from the Ketama region reported in their writings that they had not been able to observe any production of hashish in the late 1960s, other travelers have mentioned that such production had taken place there since the middle of the decade (Clarke, 1998: 179). The author reports different hypotheses relating to the introduction of the technique of hashish production by sieving in the region: by Europeans who imported the technique from Afghanistan or by an Algerian who reproduced the Lebanese method. Still, it appears that the introduction of hash production took place in the mid-1960s."

"The increase in European demand and the convenient proximity of the Rif to the coasts of Mediterranean Europe8 contributed to the development of Moroccan hashish production. But the details of the expansion of cannabis cultivation are, of course, even less well known as it was not until 2003 that a United Nations investigation measured the phenomenon in a reliable and documented manner. Only a few hundred hectares would have been cultivated until the mid-1970s, as Marlise Simons reported in 1995 in the New York Times (Simons, 1995). Robert Connell Clarke, for his part, estimates, on the basis of Dutch sources and European Union reports, that some 2,000 hectares would have been cultivated from the end of the 1960s, reaching 25,000 hectares in the mid-1980s and 1960s. 000 to 75,000 in 1995. In 1994, a confidential report by the Geopolitical Drugs Observatory estimated that Moroccan cannabis production "made the Shereefian kingdom a serious contender for the title of the world's leading hashish exporter" (OGD, 1994) and was worth to the newspaper Le Monde (1995) which had made it public criminal proceedings initiated by Morocco. Alain Labrousse and Lluis Romero, then called on other sources to estimate production at between 65,000 and 75,000 hectares in 1993, 78,000 hectares in 1995, 90,000 hectares in 1999, and 100,000 to 120,000 hectares. hectares in 2001 (Labrousse, Romero, 2001: 12) therefore approaching 134,000 hectares assessed by UNODC during its 2003 survey (UNODC, 2003: 5)" (ggle trad)

For pollen fossil found of cutivated cannabis in Andalusia dates are 2000-800 cal BP. let the deduction works for North Marocco...

About artefacts of pipes it is very relative for dates, indeed the pollen is much more reliable!

picture.php

(PDF) Cannabis is indigenous to Europe and cultivation began during the Copper or Bronze age: a probabilistic synthesis of fossil pollen studies (researchgate.net)

Plantguy

Lots of seed companies giving an annual sale this coming weekend. Friday is the day after US Thanksgiving and has become a major shopping day with discounts offered by some retailers. I personally would like 2 for 1 offers. ACE does that and it's very enticing.

aliceklar

Afghan Mix

Afghan Mix

Any chance of Black Friday discounts?

TRSC already offer great value imo - with generous freebies. The recent Afghan mix in particular looks like lots of fun in a "lucky dip" kinda way - I've 5 on the go right now. Its a mix of 4 different Northern Afghan accessions:

• Balkh
  • Badakshan
  • Mazar-i-Sharif (i.e. the cultigen ‘Mazari’)
  • Kunduz

Speaking of the Afghan Mix, can ngakpa give any more info on the characteristics of the Badakshan of the Kunduz? There are already description of the Balkhi and Mazar on the site, but I couldnt find any descriptions of growth habit or effects for the Kunduz or Badakshan.

Peace, AK

Latest posts

Latest posts