What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

ngakpa

Veteran
I think there is kif and kief.
Kif is bud with tobacco imo?

it's true to say that one of the main ways you'd have traditionally encountered cannabis in Morocco was as coarse bud chopped with tobacco - that was the context I first heard kif used

Bowles understood kif in this sense as something different from ganja such as they'd sometimes see in Tangiers from West Africa

But I think resin (hashish) was already becoming much more prevalent in Morocco even by the late 50s, when I think there was already plenty of Moroccan hashish about in Paris

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
But I think resin (hashish) was already becoming much more prevalent in Morocco even by the late 50s, when I think there was already plenty of Moroccan hashish about in Paris

Seriously plenty of Moroccan hasch in Paris by the late 50s? You do not know that in the Rif they didn't know how to extract, it was only from the late 60s and start 70s that "hippies" started to teach them the dry sift method after learning it in South Asia! So at that time 50s or 60s zero Moroccan hasch in Paris, only some Afghani, Nepali or Lebanese maybe and far from plenty!!!

The old landrace from the Rif was not really good resinous plants btw, it's only since the 70s that they have crossed their seeds with the true hasch plants from South Asia or Near East.

In the Maghreb the kief is simply the word for cannabis, mixed with tobacco in modern times yes but also mixed with other herbs in sibsi pipes for centuries and centuries.

Brother Nature

Seriously plenty of Moroccan hasch in Paris by the late 50s? You do not know that in the Rif they didn't know how to extract, it was only from the late 60s and start 70s that "hippies" started to teach them the dry sift method after learning it in South Asia! So at that time 50s or 60s zero Moroccan hasch in Paris, only some Afghani, Nepali or Lebanese maybe and far from plenty!!!

The old landrace from the Rif was not really good resinous plants btw, it's only since the 70s that they have crossed their seeds with the true hasch plants from South Asia or Near East.

In the Maghreb the kief is simply the word for cannabis, mixed with tobacco in modern times yes but also mixed with other herbs in sibsi pipes for centuries and centuries.

Yeah, I'm sure the savages of the third world had no idea how to cultivate hash before the enlightened Westerners came in to assist. I mean there's no literature or anything documenting it happening before then.

funkyhorse

garda is the most accurate term to use for specifically referring to raw dry-sieved resin glands

kif can be any form of Cannabis, though I've noticed people (mostly Americans, I think) like to use it as if it specifically refers to resin glands

In the Middle East I always heard kef but never kif and it referred only to hash. Ganja had other names when it started appearing by the beginning of 90's

The stuff I got from uighur people up to 3 years ago was garda. They have their own word for it in their language

Malawi Gold, after 35 days in flower, this lady is the most vigorous one of the ones I have, x 6 stretch so far
picture.php

ngakpa

Veteran
Seriously plenty of Moroccan hasch in Paris by the late 50s? You do not know that in the Rif they didn't know how to extract, it was only from the late 60s and start 70s that "hippies" started to teach them

I know loads of Westerners say this, and as with most things loads of Westerners say about Cannabis, it's totally unsubstantiated and very unlikely to be true

You can read what Western writers themselves in Morocco and Paris during the late 50s wrote

And the idea you'd need to introduce the technique from South Asia, when production using the sieving technique had been happening around the Mediterranean for god knows how long in Egypt, Greece, and more recently Lebanon

ngakpa

Veteran
Yeah, I'm sure the savages of the third world had no idea how to cultivate hash before the enlightened Westerners came in to assist. I mean there's no literature or anything documenting it happening before then.

Yep...

But the experts "know", because if you repeat something enough times, it becomes true....

Currenty in front of me a description of buying high-grade hashish from Ketama in the Passage Thierre, near the Place Bastille in 1955 - in the next door room, meetings of the FLN Algerian undergound...

harvestreaper

Veteran
Ok is it dry sift? Or bubble hash?

sorry missed your question the first time ,,,bubble,,its very dry and loose compared to my other outdoor bubble hash made from a mix
of my own diffrent hybrids which is sticky an black,,the rasoli is pure rasoli off two large seeded plants,,the effects have a warmness and brightness a clear mental effect average in potency but still pleasurable :tiphat:

ngakpa

Veteran
sorry missed your question the first time ,,,bubble,,its very dry and loose compared to my other outdoor bubble hash made from a mix
of my own diffrent hybrids which is sticky an black,,the rasoli is pure rasoli off two large seeded plants,,the effects have a warmness and brightness a clear mental effect average in potency but still pleasurable :tiphat:

looks lovely, though dry sieving always preferrable imo, because so much of what is lost with the water creates the full effect

ngakpa

Veteran
Samuel Coleridge wrote about in the early 1800's and there is mention of the first association of the word assassins and hashish in the 1809 literature of Sylvestre de Sacy of France. (link if you get french: https://www.google.co.nz/books/edition/_/9Pmf1oVECwoC?hl=en&gbpv=0 )

early 1800s?

You can go back another 500 to 600 years

Ignoring the doubtful stuff about Pharoahs, Cannabis was in Egypt by the 1200s

and there's plenty of circumstantial evidence to indicate knowledge of the sieving technique travelled west with it

Sunshineinabag

Dude you know there were curious hunter gatherers who could easily discern ...well nothing in nature eats this so I will avid it as well mentality I'm sure was around.....to the dude that first ate cannabis....homeostasis never felt so goooooooood
Sail
On

Honeyyyyyyy
https://youtu.be/zg-ivWxy5KE

Im'One

Thanks, I was going to run Rasoli last summer, but your post about it reaching for the sky stopped me. My new neighbors were unknown to me and I decided not to risk the outdoor grow. I have enough Rasoli for a preservation run but want to run it out side and hope we can go recreational soon, and forget plant limits. I have RSC Rasoli and khalifa Rasoli both, in excess of fifty seeds.

ngakpa

Veteran
Volga trade route, probably the knowledge of hashish was already known among the Vikings (800-1050).

anything to substantiate that "probably"?

that post gives a misleading idea of how trade routes work

whatever travelled on that route, it passed from hand to hand many times over

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
I know loads of Westerners say this, and as with most things loads of Westerners say about Cannabis, it's totally unsubstantiated and very unlikely to be true

Hey go to Morocco and the Rif and talk to elders farmers to know the true, that's what i did!

Lol in real i see a lot of disinformation from you, as a wrong archetype of Westerners that repeat false historical info again and again, too bad!

funkyhorse

I talked with elder people like these from this movie about henbane:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWzoq8ICfmc

These people called hashish kef and ganja was called also grass or marihuana
Scythians were making temazcals made with cannabis, it is documented
Carthagians used cannabis, from this link: "Strange, the traces of cannabis raised argue that as in the great tradition of the Rum in the sailing navy, this plant was probably chewed by the rowers in order to rise up scared (in combat) and tired."

Would you approve the authority of the naval encyclopedia as a reliable document source?: https://www.naval-encyclopedia.com/goodies-naval-encyclopedia/antique-ships/carthaginian-ships/
It is clear cannabis existed in the Middle East during the roman and greek empires. And if people manipulate cannabis flowers at any time of history they will discover unavoidably that resin will get their hands sticky and probably that have psychoactive effects, leading to the discovery and use of hashish and its trade among the different people of that time and that would include Vikings, which have travelled through the Volga Route and there is documentation about it

These are Kerala seeds I am sprouting after reading some excellent reports about the hybridizing quality of TRSC Kerala. To the right is the TRSC version, I am not good with pictures but it has beautiful stripes and look special. To the left is the Kerala/Idukki version your competition offers, which are a little bigger seeds and darker
They certainly take you as a reference because they copy all your description patterns. But the seeds are clearly not the same.
picture.php

Scholars are also wrong. It is not about being westerner, easterner or a scholar from Cambridge what gives you the authority to say something is right or wrong. When people have commercial interests in selling seed, bullshit is at the order of the day, be the bullshitter indian, moroccan, american or british. History is always written by the winners and facts get always twisted. We need to be more humble with historical facts

if you're getting outraged about making rare landrace genetics available to people when the institution in question has chosen to hoard them, maybe check yourself...
They dont seem to be landrace, I am having 5 plants which are all very similar, I know it is a small number but, is this stock coming from the hoarder institution true breeding stock?
Thank you very much for making them available and have a nice week

ngakpa

Veteran
pollen provides an objective basis for determining when Cannabis was present in a region, so there's already a clear picture of where some of the earliest centres of domestication are, i.e. Western Steppe and eastern Central Asia

it's also possible to differentiate wild and domesticated Cannabis based on pollen grains